PDA

View Full Version : 76 atc 90 tranny problems

jasonb100272
10-13-2013, 04:41 PM
have 90 atc with transmission problems hi end went out so then had low but after only an hour after purchase nothing. rolls with easy in or out of gear. where do I start. is this a hard fix ? I am about a 6- 7 on repair scale . done top ends carb rebuilds ect never any clutches .. have clymers manual .. any help thanks..

kb0nly
10-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Wont know how hard it is til you know for sure whats wrong, but if its just clutch thats not too bad.

Howdy
10-14-2013, 04:01 PM
You mentioned Hi went out. Can you explain a little better? I say this because if the Hi end on the sub tranny quit then later the low went out I would start by making sure the sub tranny is in gear. I have good used sub trannys for these in stock.
Howdy

kb0nly
10-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Yup, like Howdy said time to start tearing it down.

ps2fixer
10-20-2013, 08:59 AM
Going off the description i would target the sub trans as well, left and side near the chain drive. Look it up in the manual so you know what to expect when it comes apart. You should grab a gasket kit for it as well if you don't already have one. I'm guesing the gears are shot and/or cover broken from the missing teeth on the hi gear getting stuck in the low gearing.

coolpool
10-20-2013, 10:48 AM
I agree with the sub-trans being your issue. Get yourself an impact driver to loosen the screws. Don't want to strip a screw and compound your problem.