PDA

View Full Version : More KLT200 questions

lablitzwing
10-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I think I'll start a new thread on this.

I bought a KLT200 (82 I think) and I'm still having some issues with it. It only sat unused for about 10 months.

When I start it up unless I sit on the throttle it will slow, sputter then die. If I sit on the throttle it won't die but occasionally the carburator will "Cough" (make a coughing sound, jerk, and backfire air into the air filter box.)
Also, unless it's warmed up on half throtttle for about 10 minutes, and even after, it will randomly lose power then regain it or outright stall while driving.

I have alreadt done the following:
- Removed the carb, disassembled it, cleaned it and reassembled it.
- replaced all the fuel lines
- changed the oil (0w-40 synthetic, as suggested by the local small engine mechanic)
- drained the old gas from the tank and replaced it.
- replaced the spark plug and battery.
- adjested the mix and idle speed screws as per the service manual.

Are there any other suggestions? It runs and is usable as long as I keep the throttle open and let it warm up for a long time, I didn't pay very much for it either. Should I keep trying to fix it or just enjoy it as much as I can while looking for another better condition trike?

thanks all!

yamabro
10-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a restricted pilot circuit in the carb. Or a restricted pick up coming out of the fuel tank. What color is the spark plug?

lablitzwing
10-14-2013, 12:12 PM
One other question too, the KLT is painted over the frame and plastics so I can't tell what the two positions are for the key. Both positions (besides off) will allow the machine to run so what is the difference?

Off- dot1 - dot2