PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki klt 200

wolffpack08
10-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey all im new here. i have a 83 or 84 Kawasaki klt 200 and i just cannot get the thing to run good. Its running lean I believe. It starts real well so
far when its cold. with the choke on it will rev up good to about half throttle and bounce around. with choke off the only way to get it to rev up is to
feather it until its off idle then it revs good for the most part but the rpms still bounce around quite a bit, and when i say feather it it basically takes
two hands to move the thumb lever or it will bog and die if you move it to fast. Most of the time it will just bog when reved to quickly but some times it will back fire through the carb. Ive cleaned the carb 3 times and it hasnt changed at all. The fuel is brand new, and the filter and pump are in good condition. When i check the plug it is mostly black but it usally has a very small amount of grey on it. also i do not have the correct air filter for it but doesnt seem to make a difference with or without the air filter that i have wedged in the air box.
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Cory.

wolffpack08
10-17-2013, 07:35 PM
well nobody has any input? well just to bump this up, i had a local shop soak the carb in a vibrating soak of some kind and it started to run a little better. So im leaning towards the carb still having some gunk in it. Im soaking it in parts solvent for a couple of days.

wolffpack08
10-19-2013, 12:38 AM
soaked the carb for 2 days and didnt seem to change anything. I cant believe nobody has any ideas. I read alot of great info on here. Oh and one thing i forgot to mention in the previous post was that after having the shop soak the carb it runs worse with the choke on.
Cory

Hurricane892
10-20-2013, 02:18 PM
You have the air box and filter on it, right? I was told that my KLT 250 wouldn't run right without the air box and filter because it would affect the air/fuel mixture.

wolffpack08
10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
yes i have the air box on and a filter. however the filter is not the correct one for the machine.

Davidcz75
10-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I know a guy who has one .... it ran ok the first day he brought it home and then went downhill ... it wont start without the choke and when it does it almost runs away lol .... so far nobody has been able to fix it .... worthless.