PDA

View Full Version : Not that I want to water cool it but....

Dirtcrasher
11-29-2002, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know the history of the blaster motor? What were they made for? I ask this because we've all seen the machining done in the clutch cover for a water pump, but it gets covered by that plastic cover for access to the injection pump. You can't tell me that waaay back when they were considering water cooling it so they just machined it in??

freaksfix
11-29-2002, 11:45 PM
Not sure but I believe it was for a kit they usedta make. But it dident come stock due to keeping the price down on the "cheap entray level racer"..

TimSr
11-30-2002, 01:40 AM
What youll find Yamaha does, is use existing production parts from other models rather than reengineer everything. I dont know which model, but youll likely find this exact same part used in a YZ or some other model that WAS liquid cooled.

Yamaha does this a lot. When I had my 1990 RT180, it had a lighting coil on the stator plate, and a battery box under the side panel. Only thing was, this model came without lights or battery, and they never sold a headlight/battery option for it. Mine eventually had one though!