PDA

View Full Version : BikeBoneyard experiences?

MNhondaguy
10-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Just curious if anyone has ordered parts from here? I just sent moneys for a 200x front wheel and it went very smooth. Good prices and it Seems like they have All kinds of trikes and bikes and neat stuff.

Ghostv2
10-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Seems like a pretty cool way to efficiently part out bikes without costing a lot of money for a business front or something. Could do this out of your back yard. I just checked it out for the first time, never heard of it before. Cool share though.

How did it work? You email for a quote and then you request a picture at the same time? Or is it you get what you get?

MNhondaguy
10-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I didn't ask for pictures I guess. Email with what parts you want and your ZIP and she will get back to you with a quote. Very quick responses. I had a few back and forth and it was all on my lunch break. I will get the parts nex week I'm sure, I will post what the outcome is when they arrive.

mayhem17
10-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Definitely keep us updated on this one.

Louis Mielke
10-18-2013, 11:37 PM
I bought my very first 500 engine from them. They come through on the delivery but honestly their prices are a tid bit high for the parts they provide. They won't send junk, but typically the stuff is dirty and weathered. Definitely more like an old school junk yard then some of the professional dismantling businesses.

MNhondaguy
10-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Still waiting for the parts to come. Should be early this week. I did notice that some of their prices are high, but I got a complete front wheel assy and handlebars for 70$ shipped. That includes axle, hub, rim, and tire. On eBay the axle is 20$, hub is 25$ with bad bearings, rim and junk tire is almost 40$ with shipping, and bars are another 25$. So I feel the price was good for what I got.

David Ham
10-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Super cool!