PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody really buy from this guy?

UPNATM
10-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Im not sure if this person is a member on here, but I look daily for SX parts, and often see this guys listings on ebay. I am just amazed at the crazy prices he puts on stuff. This is not a rant, and im not mad, but just surprised. Does anyone even buy anything from this guy?
:crazy:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=181240932905&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_osacat=0&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a32cd2a29&_ssn=junkboy66&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC1.A0.Xhonda+250 sx&_nkw=honda+250sx&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Mr. Clean
10-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Mrs. Clean had a parts lot of 250sx stuff for $2.99 that went unsold. It included a pretty nice engine skid plate, nicer than his $34.99 one. I see this with many trike parts on fleecebay.

Just sold a running 200x engine that needed a clutch and had to run multiple auctions to sell it for $150. I had people asking her to take less.....there are empty bottom ends priced higher than this complete running engine.

EBAY sucks as if we all did not know that already.......but it is a necessary evil for our hobby.

rg97
10-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Does someone want to e-mail this guy and tell him that his old, used, and abused stuff is not made from pure gold?:crazy:

MRSOUND
10-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Man, according to this guys pricing I got the gold mine rg97 talked about sitting beside my shed:crazy:. And UPNATM you really took me over on the parts I sold you! ;):lol:

Flyingw
10-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Gotta give him credit for selling the hard to find bits and pieces but geez!!!!

UPNATM
10-17-2013, 10:34 PM
. And UPNATM you really took me over on the parts I sold you! ;):lol:

I know, looking at his prices,I really took you to the cleaners! Lol!

captainweezy
10-17-2013, 10:47 PM
80 20 rule....

Dirtcrasher
10-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Does someone want to e-mail this guy and tell him that his old, used, and abused stuff is not made from pure gold?:crazy:

They don't care. They feel their stuff is worth the price and will just block you from bidding. Just buy from someone else.....

Dave Little
10-18-2013, 12:00 AM
I like how he's got letters on parts so he can tell where they go...he really doesn't know these machines well at all. $99 for an '85 swing arm, I'd give that away:lol:

I wonder if this is the same guy that always used to have a white tag lying next to the part with a number...his prices were always ridiculous, but every now and again he'd price a part reasonable simply because he didn't understand that there is high demand for certain parts that wasn't obvious.

redsox
10-18-2013, 07:35 AM
DL, ive thought that for awhile about this guy! crazy. i was surprised when that lens popped up and looked relatively cheap. i was all over it till i realized it was BROKEN. i wonder if he wonders why nothing sells.

Daveand78
10-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Searching for 86 ATC250SX parts is part of my daily routine. I have noticed this seller's parts and always laughed at how high he prices his parts. I haven't ever purchased a part from this seller because I have always been able to find the same part at a lower price from a different seller. I appreciate the fact that people sell parts, but his prices are crazy.

redsox
10-19-2013, 10:44 AM
i usually look at "ending soonest" for 250sx stuff. but today i had some time so i looked over a ton of stuff. i was surprised to see how much crap this guy actually has for sale!! he clogs up the whole section. i think there is a way to "block seller". i'm gonna do it to save time. he's nutso.

rg97
10-19-2013, 04:15 PM
I like how he's got letters on parts so he can tell where they go...he really doesn't know these machines well at all. $99 for an '85 swing arm, I'd give that away:lol:

I wonder if this is the same guy that always used to have a white tag lying next to the part with a number...his prices were always ridiculous, but every now and again he'd price a part reasonable simply because he didn't understand that there is high demand for certain parts that wasn't obvious.

the guy with the white numbers next to all his stuff is from pittsburgh PA, i've bought a few things when they are the right price (fenders, front tire) but most of his other stuff... yeah, a little tough on the wallet

rdlsz24
10-24-2013, 11:54 AM
The bad thing is this makes other people think their parts are worth X dollars but in reality you need to do a "sold" search on eBay to see the true value of parts. Just like on CraigsList, the only parts/machines you see active are the ones that are NOT selling.

Rob

JayBone
10-24-2013, 12:27 PM
He does have 17+k feedback & he is trying to make money. Can't fault the guy for that.
I have a tendency to look back on what prices of things once were and that stops me from flipping items today sometimes. Small quads 80cc use to be 900 to 1k. Now i see all of them 1100 to 1400 or more. So if i come across one for say 800 i'm like AHHH! too much...lol when really can make 3 to 400 on it. Just saying. Or i can say WTF is that guy thinking he's a hack and clueless !! ha!