PDA

View Full Version : 200s interchangables???

Ironcowboy
10-18-2013, 08:54 PM
I have a 1984 200s and I'm wanting to customize it to the max. What I'm mainly wanting to do is drop a bigger motor in it or at least overhaul the stock one. Also I would like to stretch it and widen the rear axel. Anyone out there got any ideas on where I can get the overhaul kit or a bigger motor without having to completely demolishing the frame. Also what kinda axel I could put in the rear end to make it wider??

Ghostv2
10-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Why a 200s? Something more on the lines of a 200x would make more sense with the better front end, rear suspension, front and rear hydraulic brakes, more aftermarket options. They dont make any kits to do this, you are going to completely demolish a 3 wheeler.

If your going to do this do it to some crappy motorcycle with a big engine. Take a look at the conversion kits they made back in the day (Tricky Dicks i believe?).
Or buy this http://york.craigslist.org/sno/4132161806.html

Weis003
10-19-2013, 01:48 PM
I agree a 200s is almost the lowest model 200 and totally not worth sticking more than stock parts into it. I go more for 200x I have a couple of them and lots of parts they are much more fun to mod!!

MNhondaguy
10-19-2013, 05:49 PM
If you have this wheeler already and don't want to buy anything else, there's a few things that would make this wheeler better. For more power put a 200x top end on the 200s bottom. Also a 200x fork and wheel assembly. The you would have some more juice and a nice suspended front end, along with a narrower front wheel for better handling. If you get 200x rear hubs you can get wheel spacers to widen it, but I'm not sure if you can get spacers for the 200s hubs, but maybe.

Ghostv2
10-20-2013, 04:31 PM
If you have this wheeler already and don't want to buy anything else, there's a few things that would make this wheeler better. For more power put a 200x top end on the 200s bottom. Also a 200x fork and wheel assembly. The you would have some more juice and a nice suspended front end, along with a narrower front wheel for better handling. If you get 200x rear hubs you can get wheel spacers to widen it, but I'm not sure if you can get spacers for the 200s hubs, but maybe.
Would just be cheaper to buy a 200x that needs work. Might as well buy one if your going to put all that on it. Unless you can get the parts cheap or already have them. But if your paying retail on like eBay or something it would be better to look for a cheap 200x.

BuellBen
10-21-2013, 07:58 PM
I agree. The 200s is not designed for that. It only has a pull start so increasing compression would make pulling it suck. there is a video on youtube where the guy did a ton to a 200s, I really liked everything except he painted the engine black. I don't think he says how much he put into it but I would bet well over the price of a nice 200x