PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x rebuild or motor swap

Schmoore Racing
10-24-2013, 11:12 PM
This past summer we restored or more resto modded a 85 200x. After it was all put back together we got it running and then it started smoking pretty bad and running ruff. We had hoped it was just rings or a stuck valve. Turns out the entire top end it pretty much junk. Is there a good alternative for the 200. something maybe newer. Fabrication isn't any issue. I've heard of the crf230 motor being nearly a bolt in. Or is there a top end off of something else that will fit the case. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

yaegerb
10-24-2013, 11:32 PM
I have seen guys do the lifan motor swap. Jb2wheels is one guy that has great success with the lifan swaps, maybe send him a PM.

Schmoore Racing
10-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks. Ill definitely look into the lifan motor. on a dirt bike forum they were discussing the same thing except with a xr200. He was debating the lifan motor but found a 200x motor that worked. Not sure on the years of the bike or motor. But shouldn't the xr motor swap into the 200x. Only issue I can think of at the moment is that the kick starter is the opposite way.