PDA

View Full Version : unexpected project

groundfly
02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
my quick kickstarter fix has turned into a small re-build if you will, i got the bike almostall the way apart now, the more i took the more i wanted to see what the rest of the bike looked like on the inside...it an 87 cr 250r, and it has not been running to great, so this is what i got coming so far, new sleeve in cylinder, new rings, new stator, new seals gaskets :rolleyes: , new sprocket, new plug...fix kick start lever, pull dent out of exaust and braze the hole, just got a new torch!, possibly re-build swing-arm and forks. i'll try toget pics up of the tear down. wish me luck, it's being sold when i'm done!!

smokinp
02-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Good luck...Why are you selling it?

groundfly
02-22-2004, 11:47 PM
looking to buy nice trike, kind of bored of the dirt-bike thing. I love the bike and it took alot to get me to sell it but my buddy talked me into it. i almost sold it once before but did'nt. i think i like working on them(although i know little about it) than riding..lol

thefox
02-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I like working on bikes and trikes just as much as I like to ride too. Well, as long as there is something to ride when I want to.