PDA

View Full Version : what alternative thumb throttle can go on a atc 70

cracker211
10-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I have a 83 ATC 70 and I've noticed that some places sell aftermarket thumb throttles for them but they just look like Chinese pieces of crap will a TRX 90 thumb throttle work on it and if so do I need to run the ATC cable or a TRX cable or change the carb or anything need to be adjusted to accommodate the throttle please let me know I'm in a hurry to finish the bike for my daughter And this Iis my last needed part

ps2fixer
11-01-2013, 09:36 AM
You would have to have good photos of the new cable/thumb throttle, however if it is sold for the ATC70, it should be a direct fit. Might be worth while contacting the sites that sell the aftermarket thumb throttle and ask them directly, since they have the product in hand.

fastatc70
11-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Try this. Pick up the thumb throttle and have a custome cable made. Any good shop will be able to make a custome cable for short money.
I am running a Honda 400ex throttle opening a 28mm carb. The custome cable was 25 bucks. Any thumb throttle will work just as long as it has enough pull. A thumb throttle opening a 12 mm carb will not open a 16 mm carb fully, but a 16 mm pull thumb throttle will open a 12 mm carb all you have to do is adjust the throttle stop.