PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Kawasaki Tecate T3 project KXT250

JayBone
10-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Not mine. Figured if someone was looking could be a good item.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sno/4111867461.html

Ghostv2
10-29-2013, 01:14 PM
All of that work yet he decided to just paint the frame. One would think in this time and age if your going to spend the time and money to rebuilt a 86 tecate you would get parts powder coated.

atc007
10-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Great seller/

86T3
11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
All of that work yet he decided to just paint the frame. One would think in this time and age if your going to spend the time and money to rebuilt a 86 tecate you would get parts powder coated.

There's quite a few of us left that prefer paint over powder coat

just ben
11-01-2013, 11:55 PM
There's quite a few of us left that prefer paint over powder coatpaint will hold up very well on a bike that will never be ridden! LOL

Ghostv2
11-02-2013, 06:01 AM
There's quite a few of us left that prefer paint over powder coat
Why is that? Probably cheaper and can do yourself. I mean I have never had to get anything powder coated. Either way it's going to look good and last long.

IronBear
11-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the link Jay!

I'm wondering if this guy would sell individual parts. I'm looking for a few parts for mine so I emailed him to see if he has what I'm looking for.

86T3
11-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Why is that? Probably cheaper and can do yourself. I mean I have never had to get anything powder coated. Either way it's going to look good and last long.

I worked at a factory one summer that made screaning machines for oilfields. They powdercoated every piece that went on those and when they came back for rebuilds they were rusty piles of crap. If you get one chip in powdercoat and its shot. Its bare metal underneath and the rust creaps under and eventually you have no more powdercoat. At least with paint you have a primer underneath for a little more protection and you have the option of repairing a chip. I know a lot of guys powdercoat and love it but its not something i do. Different strokes for different folks. And yes Ben, not riding a trike is the best way to solve these sorts of problems. Lol. Sorry for the thread hijack guys