PDA

View Full Version : The 2013-2014 March Towards Lord Stanley's Cup.

bkm
10-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Now that baseball is over we can focus our attention to a real sport and not a social gathering. lol

As always I live and die with my Blues, mostly die. So lets hear it Hockey fans, who is your team and what are some early season predictions?

So far in the West I have the Sharks at the top of the class followed by the Hawks and maybe the Avalanche, although I believe they are playing above their level right now and seeing that their goaltender was arrested a few days ago this might bring them back down to earth.

After that you have the Blues, Kings, Ducks, Wild, Phoenix, and Vancouver

As far as the east I like Toronto, Pittsburgh, and the B's are always dangerous, but don't count out those damned Red Wings either.

This might be the year the Sharks make the run, but those Godforsaken Blackhawks are to never be counted out until they are dead, dead, dead. A lot of Hockey Pundits have the Blues going to the finals, but as a snake bitten fan, I just can't see it. Not to mention I think we are one injury away from being mediocre and if that injury happens to be Halak or Alexander Steen, we are done.

El Camexican
10-31-2013, 10:28 PM
I think it’s finally safe to publicly cheer for the Leafs again. Back in the days of Darryl Sittler, Lanny Mcdonald, Borji Salming and even the Great Eddie Shack (see image of my old lunch box) the Leafs were my NHL heroes and while Winnipeg dominated the WHL for a few seasons with the magical line of Hull, Hedburg and Nilsson it was not the NHL.

Enough about memory lane. Fact is I don’t even know who plays for T.O. these days (Their crack smoking mayor likely doesn’t either http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/31/rob-ford-toronto-crack-video-found-police) but they have cool jerseys and represent the hopes and dreams of all none francophone Canadians!

bkm
10-31-2013, 10:48 PM
I think it’s finally safe to publicly cheer for the Leafs again. Back in the days of Darryl Sittler, Lanny Mcdonald, Borji Salming and even the Great Eddie Shack (see image of my old lunch box) the Leafs were my NHL heroes and while Winnipeg dominated the WHL for a few seasons with the magical line of Hull, Hedburg and Nilsson it was not the NHL.

Enough about memory lane. Fact is I don’t even know who plays for T.O. these days (Their crack smoking mayor likely doesn’t either http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/31/rob-ford-toronto-crack-video-found-police) but they have cool jerseys and represent the hopes and dreams of all none francophone Canadians!
180045Coolest sweater in the league hands down. I wish the Blues would go back to the 67-70 sweaters. Those were my all time favorites. The leafs have a great young goal tending tandem in Reimer and Bernier. I also think Kessel is a great player who has been the goat of that city because their GM was a complete idiot.

Its the Blues or nothing for me, but if I had to choose another team I would really like the Leafs to do good. The city deserves it almost as much as mine.:D

keister
11-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Now that baseball is over we can focus our attention to a real sport and not a social gathering. lol

A lot of Hockey Pundits have the Blues going to the finals........

And since the Cards knocked the Pirates out of the playoffs, maybe the Penguins can return the favor to the Blues come Stanley Cup time.

Anything less than a championship should be considered a failure considering the talent here in Pittsburgh..... and I can see the Pens owning the regular season, but for some reason, Fleury seems to lay an egg come playoff time. A big flightless bird egg!

bkm
11-01-2013, 01:18 PM
It will never happen. Blues are usually one and done come playoff time.

El Camexican
11-01-2013, 01:47 PM
It will never happen. Blues are usually one and done come playoff time.

Geezus Man! A few more fans like you and they could successfully promote a Suicide Night at the last home game!

Blown 331
11-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Blues = Cubs of the NHL

bkm
11-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Geezus Man! A few more fans like you and they could successfully promote a Suicide Night at the last home game!See what happens when you root for a team named after a state of depression. I can count on one hand how many times they have made it past the second round in the last 45 years. I always used to say they were like the Cub's, but the Cub's put some very bad teams on the field year after year. Sans the few years after the 05-06 lockout, the Blues have always been a contending team. They made the playoff's 25 years in a row. I equate them to the pre-2004 Redsox. Always a contender in the regular season, and then bam, Chokesville.

I'm cautiously optimistic every year, but I've learned to not get my hopes up. I figure as long as I play the doom and gloom card, I won't be disappointed come reality time.

If you think I'm bad, you should have read the STL Blues chat board after the loss to San Jose. There were many who had to be talked away from the edge of the cliff.

sanchez
11-04-2013, 01:01 PM
I get a job in cali sf wins world seris 2/4 years, i'm becoming a sharks fan just to root f or a winner. But i will always root for the sabers
Bill yep the penguins all lay down not just flurry. But between no goal in 99 no starting defence in 06 then on 07 Prez cup year they took a nap for the playoff. Nothing since. But the best part an owner that thinks highend talent can be bought in to Buffalo just ignore the farm program has the team so starved of talent miller can't steel us a win. The sabers were bankrupt and playing better hockey. I didn,t even get into the head coach thing. But between blowouts and suspentions i'm still guna root for the sabers, someone has to. Be a fair weather fan of some other team just to see a win. Lets face it things could be worse, especially from Buffalo NY I could be a Bills fan

bkm
11-10-2013, 12:28 AM
And since the Cards knocked the Pirates out of the playoffs, maybe the Penguins can return the favor to the Blues come Stanley Cup time.

Anything less than a championship should be considered a failure considering the talent here in Pittsburgh..... and I can see the Pens owning the regular season, but for some reason, Fleury seems to lay an egg come playoff time. A big flightless bird egg!Good tilt tonight. That game had a playoff atmosphere to it, which is strange for two teams that haven't played each other in over a year. One tipped puck one way or the other and this game could have went either direction.

bkm
12-21-2013, 04:03 AM
The contenders are starting to separate themselves from the pretenders. Those California teams are tough, tough, tough. At this point all three are equally dangerous. My Blues have handled the east pretty mightily, but man those Cali teams have handed them their trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Thank God they no longer play San Jose unless they meet in the playoffs.

bkm
03-14-2014, 08:24 PM
It's coming down to the wire. My Blues have made some big moves getting Ryan Miller and Steve Ott, to prepare for a Cup run. They Hawks have cooled a tad as well as the Ducks. So now that the playoffs are shaping up, what's everyone think?

Lord Letto 20
03-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Go Leafs Go! 2nd in Atlantic Division, 3rd in the Eastern Conference, 9th in League!

El Camexican
03-16-2014, 08:49 PM
I think the Hawks are going to want to hang onto that cup a little longer.

trike savior
03-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooh yeah! Go blackhawks go!!!!!!!

bkm
03-17-2014, 02:50 AM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro the Hawks.

redsox
03-17-2014, 09:42 AM
seems that the bear has woken up a bit, post-olympics. its a good time to go on a tear. i'm a bit of a so-so regular season fan, but I LOVE playoff hockey. it will be interesting.

redsox
03-24-2014, 07:49 PM
streak-city. its almost making me nervous. something has got to give, sooner or later.

El Camexican
04-18-2014, 12:38 AM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro the Hawks.

I just threw up a little in my mouth

bkm
04-18-2014, 08:01 AM
My heart can't take another game like that.

86T3
04-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Bkm, i read your post and had to look at the recap. Wow, sounded like an incredibele game. I hope the Blues can keep the momentum. Not a Blues fan but Ryan Miller is a stand up guy and i hope he gets to carry the cup. Same with Ott. At the very least i hope you guys make the conference final so we get your first round pick. Haha.

El Camexican
04-18-2014, 12:51 PM
My heart can't take another game like that.

Neither can Toews' body:lol:. Your guys looked like the Charlestown Chiefs out there at times and I don't refer to their jersey colors when I say that. Still, it's hockey and I give credit where it's due. They played hard and caught a few breaks, that's what it takes to win, so:beer to them.

Lord Letto 20
04-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Looks like the habs will be the only team from Canada to make the playoffs this year? so as much as I hate to say it....GO HABS! Bring the cup to Canada!

bkm
04-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Neither can Toews' body:lol:. Your guys looked like the Charlestown Chiefs out there at times and I don't refer to their jersey colors when I say that. Still, it's hockey and I give credit where it's due. They played hard and caught a few breaks, that's what it takes to win, so:beer to them.
I hope Captain Serious needs a wheel chair after this series. Patty Kane was only about five foot offside on that third goal, so the breaks went both ways. I expect every one of these games to be like this. Unfortunately whoever wins this series they will too beat up to compete in round two.

redsox
04-18-2014, 08:49 PM
playoff hockey boys. EVERYONE will be beat up. who has an easy ride? who? it comes down to durability and depth. its so great. go b's

El Camexican
04-18-2014, 08:55 PM
I hope Captain Serious needs a wheel chair after this series. Patty Kane was only about five foot offside on that third goal, so the breaks went both ways. I expect every one of these games to be like this. Unfortunately whoever wins this series they will too beat up to compete in round two.

Well at least the Hawks were kind enough to stuff a player in the gapping hole your goalie left open in the third

bkm
04-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Chiefs huh? The only thing missing from the Hawks is a little tinfoil wrapped around their knuckles. Dirty dbags.

El Camexican
04-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Chiefs huh? The only thing missing from the Hawks is a little tinfoil wrapped around their knuckles. Dirty dbags.

Got lucky twice in a row? impressive. Actualty I have no idea what the game was like because fracking SKY decided that soccer was more important today. Tell you what. If your boys make it through this one I'll cheer my guts out for them as they advance.

86T3
04-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Speaking of dirty, how about lucic's cup check?

bkm
04-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Got lucky twice in a row? impressive. Actualty I have no idea what the game was like because fracking SKY decided that soccer was more important today. Tell you what. If your boys make it through this one I'll cheer my guts out for them as they advance.Hawks were winning with about 3:30 left after the Blues blew a 2-0 lead, then Seabrook decides to try and decapitate Backes, so he gets a major and the game which then in turn puts St. Louis on the power play for the rest of the game. Blues tie it with 6 seconds to go and then win it in overtime. All of Chicago's goals were horribly tipped shots from the point. I'm not counting them out until they are dead though.

El Camexican
04-20-2014, 12:47 AM
Hawks were winning with about 3:30 left after the Blues blew a 2-0 lead, then Seabrook decides to try and decapitate Backes, so he gets a major and the game which then in turn puts St. Louis on the power play for the rest of the game. Blues tie it with 6 seconds to go and then win it in overtime. All of Chicago's goals were horribly tipped shots from the point. I'm not counting them out until they are dead though.

6 seconds? Holy crap! How's you heart?:lol:

bkm
04-20-2014, 08:21 AM
6 seconds? Holy crap! How's you heart?:lol:

Wait just a second and I'll get back to you, the doc is on his way in to give me the results of my ekg and stress test.

hublake
04-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Go Red Wings.

El Camexican
04-24-2014, 12:46 AM
Name that tune!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOs25GJU2g

bkm
04-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Name that tune!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOs25GJU2g
Douche Bags on Madison???

El Camexican
04-24-2014, 06:32 PM
So tell me. Tied at 2 is your glass half empty, or half full? Either way you'd best top it up, this one is going 7 games.

El Camexican
04-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Go Red Wings.

I hear octopus sales are down

redsox
04-24-2014, 07:44 PM
looked STRONG in Game 3. Played all three periods for a change. A win tonight and we'll be tossin fahkin lobsthas on the ice satahday at the gahdin, kid!

bkm
04-24-2014, 09:15 PM
So tell me. Tied at 2 is your glass half empty, or half full? Either way you'd best top it up, this one is going 7 games.Honestly I can stomach a loss to any team in the league, except for Chicago. There was nothing better than the 80's/90's Blues Hawks rivalry's. I can still see Steve Larmer chewing his damn bubble gum and wanting to break his jaw, the sight of Jeremy Roenick still make me want to vomit, I hope Dave Manson and Steve Thomas wake up in agony every moring due to old injuries, and the only reason I can listen to Darren Pang as our T.V. color guy, is because he was so God Awful while he played for the Hawks.

Being a Blues fan you just go into the playoffs with a half empty attitude, but for the sake of trying to change the culture and remain positive until it's actually over, I'm still half full. We gotta win tommorrow night because we haven't won in Chicago since '10 and as long as the home team coninues to win we'll be okay.

bkm
04-24-2014, 09:21 PM
looked STRONG in Game 3. Played all three periods for a change. A win tonight and we'll be tossin fahkin lobsthas on the ice satahday at the gahdin, kid!

LOL, that is awesome, haha. I think of the Blues as hockey's version of the Pre-04 Redsox. Every year except for a few lean years after the lockout they have put up a fairly competive team with streaks of greatness that will get you thinking that maybe, just maybe, this is our year. Then reality smacks you upside the head rather quickly. I still think we are cursed by getting rid of Scotty Bowman. Poor ownership in the early 70's-pre 2013 have been what has really plagued this franchise.

redsox
04-24-2014, 10:00 PM
LOL, that is awesome, haha. I think of the Blues as hockey's version of the Pre-04 Redsox. Every year except for a few lean years after the lockout they have put up a fairly competive team with streaks of greatness that will get you thinking that maybe, just maybe, this is our year. Then reality smacks you upside the head rather quickly. I still think we are cursed by getting rid of Scotty Bowman. Poor ownership in the early 70's-pre 2013 have been what has really plagued this franchise.

its something many cannot understand. the feeling of hopes dashed again and again. you get so used to it you start to wear it proudly. it was akin to the scene in jaws when they're comparing scars. "this is 1986", "this is 94", "this is 99", "03" and so on. with the sox, it was a hurt shared by generations. i sometimes miss the feeling. but, its nice to win. something neither the sox or b's are doing tonight. B's have been soundly outplayed for two periods and are down only a goal. i still like our chances tonight and detroit has played so well a loss would be a back-breaker.

bkm
04-24-2014, 10:11 PM
its something many cannot understand. the feeling of hopes dashed again and again. you get so used to it you start to wear it proudly. it was akin to the scene in jaws when they're comparing scars. "this is 1986", "this is 94", "this is 99", "03" and so on. with the sox, it was a hurt shared by generations. i sometimes miss the feeling. but, its nice to win. something neither the sox or b's are doing tonight. B's have been soundly outplayed for two periods and are down only a goal. i still like our chances tonight and detroit has played so well a loss would be a back-breaker.

Very well put. It's been 47 years of let down after let down. The misery has been handed down from my grandfather to my father, onto me, and now to my girls. Last night at dinner my 7 year old was talking about a boy in school and said that she hated him. My wife told her that he shouldn't hate anyone, then she replied, what about the Black Hawks? I got one hell of a look from my wife. lol

El Camexican
04-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Tomorrows headline in the Winnipeg Freepress will read "Local Boy Makes Good!!!":D

bkm
04-27-2014, 06:43 PM
As usual the Blues are making Tee Times after the first round. As much as I hate to say this, Go Sharks. They are honestly the only team I can stomach in the west.

86T3
04-28-2014, 08:23 AM
I feel bad for you bkm. Just wondering, thats the local chatter about miller?

bkm
04-28-2014, 08:31 AM
I feel bad for you bkm. Just wondering, thats the local chatter about miller?
Not very impressed to say the least. He was brought in to be a difference maker and only really stole one regular season game. I'm not laying blame on him because a 2-36 power play is unacceptable. Miller did let in some cupcakes and was outplayed by Crawford, but other than game six there were four overtime games and one 1-0. I have a feeling they will give him an offer sheet, but I think he's played his last game as a Blue.

trike savior
04-28-2014, 01:13 PM
can't say anything bad about the blues, some nail biting games. GO HAWKS GO.

bkm
05-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Now that I've applied my kiss of death to yet another team, Go Hawks.lol

redsox
05-07-2014, 08:35 AM
is anyone watching this b's/habs series? wow. Subban is a helleva player. i knew he was good, but he is having an unreal series!

redsox
05-15-2014, 07:22 PM
well, it was a series. i'd like to say it was a helleva series, but i'd be lying. i know i'm a wicked homer, but i really, really felt the bruins were the better team. it pains me to admit it, but we did not deserve to win. we were outplayed, out-hustled, and out hit. the habs wanted it more and it showed. so much so that they bested a "better" team. my hat's off to them. subban can play, and Price was OUTSTANDING. everyone around here is crying about bad bounces and bad luck. malarkey. you make your own luck. in the brief moments when we were skating well and forcing the action, we didnt have "bad bounces". you can look at it two ways. either it took seven flat games for us to lose to a weaker team or it took seven hard nosed, well played games for the habs to beat a more talented team. either way, we're golfing. Hope the rangers beat em' up. hope the hawks win the cup. GO SOX.

El Camexican
05-15-2014, 11:19 PM
You said it, Price is playing off the chart. I think that without him the Bruins would be heading to NY. I'd love to see the Habs make it to the final... and then lose to the Hawks:D

bkm
05-16-2014, 01:58 PM
My bad luck is bound to rub off on them, Go Hawks! Lol

El Camexican
05-18-2014, 05:56 PM
My bad luck is bound to rub off on them, Go Hawks! Lol

Whatever you did keep doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

bkm
05-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Whatever you did keep doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Kings & Hawks are two teams you can never count out. They are both some of the best playoff teams I've ever seen.

El Camexican
05-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Kings & Hawks are two teams you can never count out. They are both some of the best playoff teams I've ever seen.

Very true. We may be watching the best series of the year again. I'm pretty sure whoever takes this one take the cup and with Price out there's nothing to watch on the East coast for now.

bkm
05-18-2014, 10:02 PM
I've been out of the loop, what happened to Price?

El Camexican
05-18-2014, 10:45 PM
I've been out of the loop, what happened to Price?

His knee is jacked up
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/05/18/montreal-canadiens-carey-price-tests-knee-injury-with-status-for-game-2-still-uncertain/

bkm
05-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Dammit I hate when a goalie gets taken out and it effects the series.

El Camexican
05-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Dammit I hate when a goalie gets taken out and it effects the series.

yea, it sucks. Unless the Habs win one in NY I'm not even going to watch this series now. Don't forget to cheer for the Hawks tonight!

El Camexican
05-31-2014, 01:03 PM

Hate the Hawks or not you have to admit yesterday's third period was one of the most intense 20 minutes in the history of hockey. Would not surprise me if you guys could hear me yelling in MO last night.:w00t:

bkm
06-01-2014, 04:42 AM
Both of these teams are scary good. My hatred for the Hawks doesn't blind my view of how good of a team they are. I'm not counting out the rangers, but Sunday's game has the feeling that it determine the Cup champion. I think it will be an Epic Game 7, double overtime, Captain Serious with the game winner.

El Camexican
06-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Both of these teams are scary good. My hatred for the Hawks doesn't blind my view of how good of a team they are. I'm not counting out the rangers, but Sunday's game has the feeling that it determine the Cup champion. I think it will be an Epic Game 7, double overtime, Captain Serious with the game winner.

We prefer to call him Captain Canuck back home :D I'm predicting that the Hawks take it 2 to 1 in regular time, I hope I'm right and not you, don't want either team having to face the Rangers too beat up. Here's to the greatest game in the World!:beer

El Camexican
06-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Go Kings!!!:(

bkm
06-02-2014, 01:34 AM
For once the reverse jinx worked. lol

El Camexican
06-02-2014, 08:44 AM
There’s a chance it was me. If pro sports teams knew what me cheering for them did to the odds of them winning they’d pay me not too.

Lord Letto 20
06-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Kings vs Rangers eh? in that case: GO RANGERS GO
Cause:
http://www.country1067.com/files/rangers.gif

El Camexican
06-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Kings vs Rangers eh? in that case: GO RANGERS GO
Cause:
http://www.country1067.com/files/rangers.gif

Sorry Bud, but its the Kings all the way!

El Camexican
06-11-2014, 06:01 PM
So do the Kings throw the game to take the final home on Friday, or seal the deal tonight? I hope they end it today. Time to start watching baseball.

Mr. Clean
06-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Time to start watching baseball.

OH NO!!! It is time for the World Cup!!!

I believe the Kings will get out the broom and sweep the Rangers!!

El Camexican
06-11-2014, 06:24 PM
OH NO!!! It is time for the World Cup!!!

Yea that. Thank God it’s within sanity of our time zone this year. Mexico literally shuts down for the Cup. Up all night, sleep all day when it’s overseas. Soccer fans are a special breed.

El Camexican
06-14-2014, 12:29 AM
Wow! What a game!:Bounce