PDA

View Full Version : Rokon trailbraker anyone

dustrunner
11-02-2013, 05:57 PM
http://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/mcy/4166934520.html :wondering

kb0nly
11-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Very cool... I would buy it if the price was right, but honestly at that price and being a basket case that will put you through hell finding and making parts i don't think its worth that much.

86T3
11-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Thats not a terrible price but you could find yourself upside down very quick with that. Thats the old style albion transmission and there are some obsolete parts. The mercury clutch is obsolete also so if it doesnt have one that works the rokon replacement is 400. You can buy a new motor for 800. With all that said you can eliminate all those problems with a honda motor swap. Not easy or fast but its the best option.

IronBear
11-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Those bad boys are made right here in New Hampshire. From what I heard, they can climb almost anything due to the low gearing :)

86T3
11-03-2013, 12:53 PM
I called the about it this morning. The guy is super nice, we talked for almost a half hour about rokons. He was wanting a bit more than i was willing to spend so i left my number and if he decides to come down he s going t call me. I see a couple parts i could use on mine and figured i could either build another hondakon so my wife has something to drive or part out the rest.

roostin atc
11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Those bad boys are made right here in New Hampshire. From what I heard, they can climb almost anything due to the low gearing :)
I got to talking with my welder about rokons cause I knew he worked for them back in the day. He said when the company changed hands and moved out of keene (town next to me) they made a 3wd trike prototype. The new company obviously never followed threw, imagine that.

Ghostv2
11-04-2013, 02:54 AM
I also heard they can climb just about anything, just not a very fast bike. Super cool machines. I also heard you could fill the tanks in the wheels with stuff, dont know if thats true or not. Never seen one in person or did much research.

kb0nly
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I rode one before, very slow honestly. But the torque and gearing was second to none, we pulled a truck down a driveway with it and it never skipped a beat. The tire tanks can be filled with whatever you want. Some guys fill them with water for weight and some would fill them with gas, like having reserve tanks with you, also if they were filled with gas or air it floats pretty good on water.

Its a darn neat unit, i just never got that interested in them to buy one.

redsox
11-04-2013, 07:54 PM
i have never seen such a thing. wow. right in NH huh? this site is awesome. learning all the time. i youtube it and there is a hanson brother driving one over a picnic table. fun stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ54nsI5Qvg