PDA

View Full Version : *** Excuse me while I kick myself ***

bkvette3
11-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Just was surfing the local "for sale" ads this morning (7:00AM) and found a '84 Honda 70 ATC for sale. Ad was placed at 5:00AM this morning with 14 hits. Ad picture looked awesome. $75.00 or best offer - just wanted to get rid of it - kids grown up - no more use for it - taking up space. The seat was ripped and repaired with duct tape. Contacted the seller to inquire. Everything else appeared to be there - nothing missing. Plastic was nice/complete with no cracks. Price was correct. Seller said trike started/ran fine but needed carb adjustment. Got the address and was high tailing over to purchase. Got there @ 7:25AM (across town - 15 min drive) and someone beat me to it. "DAMN". Cute little trike. I think I missed out on a deal. BK3

Big G
11-05-2013, 03:53 PM
That's kinda bogus if the seller gave you his address, expecting you were coming over, and then sold it before you arrived. Well you did everything you could - no point in beating yourself up over it.

bkvette3
11-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Basically it was "first one there with the cash - gets it". At that price it was going to sell quickly. I did get a quick glimpse at it in the back of the new owner's truck before he drove away - looked nice at a great price. Again - damn, wish I would have got there quicker.