PDA

View Full Version : PC genius - How to stop a virus?? HELP!!

Dirtcrasher
12-29-2003, 05:58 PM
I cut and paste the properties down below - It comes like it's form Microsoft and says "use this patch immediately!". I've never opened it and I can disenfect it but it just keeps getting sent to me about 4 times a day. When I disinfect it it comes up as KLEZ 32.

I called my IP and they said there was nothing I could do except delete it and didn't even want to see the properties I had. Any advice from anyone is appreciated!!

Received: from localhost [66.189.157.212] by mail.tmlp.com
(SMTPD32-7.07) id A03F800E00D2; Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:36:15 -0500
To: <ATCThomas@TMLP.com>
Subject: Use this patch immediately !
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;boundary="xxxx"
Message-Id: <200312291536828.SM02700@localhost>
X-RBL-Warning: BADHEADERS: This E-mail was sent from a broken mail client [c020020c].
X-RBL-Warning: HELOBOGUS: Domain has no MX or A records.
X-RBL-Warning: SPAMHEADERS: This E-mail has headers consistent with spam [c020020c].
X-RBL-Warning: WEIGHT10: Weight of 16 reaches or exceeds the limit of 10.
X-Declude-Sender: admin@duma.gov.ru [66.189.157.212]
X-Note: This E-mail was scanned by Declude JunkMail (www.declude.com) for spam.
X-Spam-Tests-Failed: BADHEADERS, HELOBOGUS, IPNOTINMX, SPAMHEADERS, WEIGHT5, WEIGHT8, WEIGHT10
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:36:17 -0500
X-RCPT-TO: <ATCThomas@TMLP.com>
X-UIDL: 361646263

Bumb
12-29-2003, 06:41 PM
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_KLEZ.H check this out

Wickedfinger
12-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Looks like its comming from Russia ......

Dirtcrasher
12-29-2003, 07:33 PM
Looks like its comming from Russia ......

I knew that Russian mail order brides father would get to me sooner or later!! J/K

Geez, what the hell did I do to a Russian??

Bumb
12-29-2003, 08:05 PM
did u check that link out?

Beer_Smurf
12-29-2003, 08:56 PM
The best way to be virus free is to avoid Micro$oft products.
Don't use Outlook, don't use Explorer.
And the best tip of all........Don't use windoes.

Dirtcrasher
12-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Yes BUMB I did - thank you, but it just looked like a fix it rather than a "how to stop it from coming back" - I'm not too computer literate!!

Beer smurf - you got that right - first thing someone told me was not to use internet explorer and I was just asking for problems!!!

Keep it coming - somebody has to know how to stop this prick!

Howdy
12-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Your best defence is a good offence. Get Nortons Anti Virus and keep it updated. It won't stop the virus from being sent but it will stop them before your computer gets infected.

All my email is filtered before it gets to me. I get a couple a day and just delete them out of the filter. Same with spam email. Not near the problem it used to be. ;)
Howdy

Bumb
12-29-2003, 09:38 PM
I think if u fixed it. It would not come back any more.

ScottZJ
12-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Here is a good link to use for all the garbage junk that arent virus, kinda like parasites.
http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

You can go to http://www.krirk.ac.th/computer/Virus/w32.klez.removal.tool.html
to assist in the removal but it sounds like there are files that are associated with it and you will never totally get rid of it til you kill the files too. That site might assist in that for you.
http://www.stedwards.edu/it_dept/computer/virusproj/blaster.html
http://pds2k.com/archives/W32.Klez.H.shtml

One of those sites should be able to assist you in the removal of it. Good luck..........peace

Xowner
12-30-2003, 01:13 AM
i have a carb for u dirt crasher i email u but it kept coming back i guess this in why

i had that virus it ate my hardrive and i had to buy a new one :evil:

Levi
12-30-2003, 02:43 AM
I got the same thing the other day.

I had to do a complete system recovery/restore.

To top it all off, I had go through over 2000 deliver failure emails returned to me. Emails I never knowingly sent.

Damn viruses.

Dirtcrasher
12-30-2003, 01:20 PM
i have a carb for u dirt crasher i email u but it kept coming back i guess this in why

i had that virus it ate my hardrive and i had to buy a new one :evil:

No - You should be able to get me at my email just fine - I don't have it yet!! But I have "opened" one of those files before about a year ago. Then the next day someone calls you and says "hey why did you send me 400 emails about your mothers hysterectomy last night" Seriously thats what it does - it takes random files and sends them to people in your address book but thats only AFTER you get infected. I'm aware of odd subject lines with attachments now and I always check them first before I open them.

I delete this same email every single day and as long as I don't screw up, I'll never get infected. But what I'm trying to do is stop it from coming in the first place - it's almost like pranking your friend every night at 2AM - how long will it last before he gets sick of trying to get me to open it??

Howdy hit the nail on the head - get a REAL antivirus software program. I just keep downloading all those free Grissoft programs etc.

I've needed to buy one of those for quite awhile but I just keep spending my money on carburetors and gaskets instead :twisted:

ScottZJ
12-30-2003, 01:32 PM
I have Norton Utilities 2003 and 2004 if you needed one. :-D

Dirtcrasher
12-30-2003, 01:38 PM
I have Norton Utilities 2003 and 2004 if you needed one. :-D

Need a trade?? LOL - be happy to send you something for one of them!!

ScottZJ
12-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Sure just let me know via PM and I can hook you up.

mudduck14843
12-30-2003, 06:59 PM
i have a copy of mcafee
free updates for life (so it says)

Howdy
12-30-2003, 07:33 PM
The only way to stop it from coming is to remove your email address from every computer it is stored on. It's impossible. I dealt with this real bad some time ago. The virus emails everyone's email address that is stored on a infected computer. It randomly pics one of the email address as the reply address. Thus it's hard to tell who's computer actually sent it. These punks that write these viruses should be castorated using a butter knife.
Howdy

J.D.
12-30-2003, 07:41 PM
The only way to stop it from coming is to remove your email address from every computer it is stored on. It's impossible. I dealt with this real bad some time ago. The virus emails everyone's email address that is stored on a infected computer. It randomly pics one of the email address as the reply address. Thus it's hard to tell who's computer actually sent it. These punks that write these viruses should be castorated using a butter knife.
Howdy

Hell yeah, chop 'em off. Most of these viruses really do nothing to your computer, except send themselves around. Just the aggravation of getting rid of it.

Billy Golightly
12-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Beer Smurf is on the right track about ditching all the microsoft products. I was running Opera 7 and Eudora for a long time but finally got sick of the lack of compatibility on websites (Mainly ebay) and had to switch back to IE.

Dirtcrasher, there really isn't anything you can do to block it. Howdy is correct on how it works, the script (virus) randomly picks an email address to use as the return. I've got some that said they were from me when I know they weren't. Someone who had my address in their book got infected and I got sent a copy of it along with everyone else in their address book. Get a GOOD antivirus program, ALWAYS keep it updated, and have it scheduled to do complete full system scans no longer then once a week. I have mine set to scan everymorning at 3:00AM while I'm asleep. Norton is about the best I've found, the only thing that sucks is the subscription thing. But as far as I'm concerned, if your going to have a computer at all, you MUST have a good anti virus program. And also check for windows updates often also. Most of these viruses work off security holes that have updates for them, but no one installs them.

junjun01
01-02-2004, 01:18 PM
Uhmm...Wacth What's Say About Sending Copies Of Software,You Mean No Harm But It's Illegal.
I Don't Know Why, But My Computer Is Always On,Always Connected To The Net (cable),And I never Get Virus!...Could Be My FireWall??
I Have 2 Firewalls Running.

Bumb
01-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Just wait you till I cant curse trailprotrailpro bike any more I will start to curse trailprotrailpro computer.

junjun01
01-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Just wait you till I cant curse trailprotrailpro bike any more I will start to curse trailprotrailpro computer.
Ha Ha....I laugh At That,...U More Than Anyone Knows That You Can't Get In..Remember You Have Try It :D...My Firewall Bounces You Back :-P