PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy clutch kit?

numbnutz
11-04-2013, 08:39 AM
I need to buy a new clutch kit for my '83 Honda 250r. I want to replace the clutch discs and the plates.
I've been searching the web with no success and plenty of wasted time.
This is the last thing I need to do to get out riding.
After bring this trike back to life the only issue I now have is that the clutch won't disengage. I've tried everything. So now it's time to replace it.

nn

yaegerb
11-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Bike bandit or service honda still has the OEM replacements in stock. I have learned through much trial and error that you are money ahead to buy OEM plates and discs.

jeswinehart
11-04-2013, 11:29 AM
I have a brand new set I would love to sell you ! Pictures tonight when I get home from work,,,

sanchez
11-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Bikes that sit to long commonly have a frozen cluch, u might be able to get it unlocked by disassembleing the cluch layer by layer.
Many people put up their bikes with zip tying the cluch open
But new parts rule

numbnutz
11-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Bikes that sit to long commonly have a frozen cluch, u might be able to get it unlocked by disassembleing the cluch layer by layer.
Many people put up their bikes with zip tying the cluch open
But new parts rule

Yup, that's exactly what has happened. I just got this trike a few weeks go and I have feverishly been buying odds nd nds on eBay to put it back together. Now that it's running I need to replace the clutch.
I have taken the clutch out 3 times, cleaned it with carb and choke cleaner, scrubbed the plates with scotch brite pads and resoaked in gear lube. Nothing has worked so I just want all new bits so I can go riding.

nn

jeswinehart
11-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Well Chris, it had been a long time since I last looked at this package. There are no plates in it but 7 new plates are there.
This is some very old new stock from a fellow member who passed away not so long ago.
You never knew him but his nature was to help any and all he could. His board name, Sandpuppy101.
So with that thought in mind if these are of use to you, you can have them, just cover my USPS priority flat packaging ($5.80).

Are you disc flat as checked against a piece of glass ? If they are chances are high that they are okay.
I have always "ruff'd" them up on concrete floor (both sides - carefully not to bend them)

They are labeled 81 thru 84 250R.

john