PDA

View Full Version : TrikeFest 2014 Questions

slashfan7964
11-08-2013, 03:25 AM
Hey guys I have a couple questions about next years event or the following year. I want to come but I want to clear the air on a few topics, so here goes.

~ How much does it cost to attend TrikeFest, as far as admission to the event or into Haspin Acres?
~ Are four wheelers and dirt bikes allowed to attend? I have a few friends I'd like to ask to come with, however most ride those now as they sold off their trikes years ago. If they aren't allowed, then I won't ask them.
~ How much land is there for trail riding?

I'd like to attend but I'm currently jobless and license less (I have my permit) at the moment and I'm not sure my dad would let me take our current 200X. I may have to push it off to 2015 but I don't want to lol. I'm going to need probably $1,500 in gas money if not more as it's a LONG drive and I don't know if I can make that much money and have a trike to take and get time off for next season.

CRAZY70MAN
11-08-2013, 06:39 AM
I think it was 40.00 for the weekend for me last year...not sure if it is more for the week. That is your only charge to camp and ride. Primitive camps, no electric. They have showers and a building for food,ice,breakfast...etc. Bring and ride whatever ya want....just don't park a square next to a trike...lol:lol:...just kiddin. My buddy always brings his dirtbike to ride. It is 3 wheeler based but all are welcome to ride whatever they want. I think the whole park is 900 acres with mud...plenty of it, roky hills,plenty of woods. Also a new mud bog. There is a mx track as well we race on. Plenty of willing people there to lend ya a hand if ya need something to ride me included.

just ben
11-08-2013, 08:26 AM
1500.00 in fuel? what will you be driving? a Sherman tank? You are an hr or less from me and I think I was at about 400.00 round trip driving a Durango with 5 trike and camping gear. I paid 55.00 to camp from Tuesday-saterday

keister
11-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Google "Haspin Acres". They have a web site with lots of info.
Bikes, Squares, Buggies, Jeeps, Side by sides.... All are welcome!

slashfan7964
11-08-2013, 12:02 PM
1500.00 in fuel? what will you be driving? a Sherman tank? You are an hr or less from me and I think I was at about 400.00 round trip driving a Durango with 5 trike and camping gear. I paid 55.00 to camp from Tuesday-saterday

Oh thank god I thought it was going to cost a ton more (theres no way I'm driving my truck that gets 6mpg). If I go I'll probably toss my 200X in a minivan if my dad will let me take it, other friends will probably be driving their trucks.

Convincing him to let me bring it is going to be very tough. I might end up not taking anything :/

hoosierlogger
11-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I have seen people rent u haul trucks to haul everything up there. Once they are there and everything is unloaded, they have a dry place to sleep!

slashfan7964
11-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I have seen people rent u haul trucks to haul everything up there. Once they are there and everything is unloaded, they have a dry place to sleep!

I have a few friends interested in going and I'm sure I could talk to more and get more to go. One of them was talking about bringing a pop up. I'd rather sleep in that anyways than in tents haha.

Right now nothings confirmed but looking decent.

hoosierlogger
11-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I have also seen pop up campers with three wheelers towed on top at trikefest.

slashfan7964
11-08-2013, 07:16 PM

It wouldn't be an issue then correct?

hoosierlogger
11-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Not as long as the roof of your camper is sturdy enough. They may have had plywood or something under them. Maybe one of them will chime in and tell us.

CRAZY70MAN
11-08-2013, 08:51 PM

I have seen other very strange and unique things there as well........lol.........if you show up......you will have a 3 wheeler to ride.................just worry about getting there first.......

slashfan7964
11-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Alright thanks guys!! Will definitely spread the word.

Ghostv2
11-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Someone needs to write a guide to first timers going to Trikefest. Would help a lot of people, including me and slashfan. If im able to go this year maybe that is something i will do if enough people would like to see something like that. Lots of pictures and information.

I mean this link does give a lot of information http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/289-What-is-Trikefest , but im sure there is more to be desired. Ive seen these kinda of threads before. Just a thought.

slashfan7964
11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I agree. I sent that link to a friend and he told me that we could possible go all week. If I'm going to make the trip I want to stay a while ya know. Problem is getting off from work, especially since I'll be getting one soon.

I'd like to go this year, just need gas money.

Howdy
11-09-2013, 09:25 PM
One thing to remember: If your under 18 years of age you will need to have a waiver to get in to Haspin. It is that way most palces. You do not pay for Trikefest ( it's a free event ). You will only pay for Travel, food, Haspin entrance fees, ect. Haspin Acres welcomes us with open arms. They go out of their way to help us out.
Howdy

hoosierlogger
11-09-2013, 11:12 PM
I was talking to Pete on Saturday while he was making his rounds in his truck. I thanked him for welcoming us and we discussed how some parks don't allow 3 wheelers. He assured me that as long as he is around and has anything to do with it, that 3 wheelers will always be welcome at haspin. He said that if it weren't for 3 wheelers, haspin acres would not have ever happened.

It really is a great place

C.J
11-09-2013, 11:49 PM
What's the dates for it? Been searching everywhere and can't find anything. Are dates set yet?

90guy
11-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Weekend of June 21st I would know due to my wedding is the same weekend this coming year! >.< I am curious about the insurance and registered vehicles there?

Howdy
11-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Haspin Acres is Privately owned, so no registration needed. Insurance is your own call, it's not required.

June 19th ( Thur ) thru June 21st 2013 ( Sun ). Sunday most people head out around noon if not before.
Howdy

90guy
11-10-2013, 12:50 AM
That answers my question! That is awesome! Thanks!

slashfan7964
11-10-2013, 02:59 PM
One thing to remember: If your under 18 years of age you will need to have a waiver to get in to Haspin. It is that way most palces. You do not pay for Trikefest ( it's a free event ). You will only pay for Travel, food, Haspin entrance fees, ect. Haspin Acres welcomes us with open arms. They go out of their way to help us out.
Howdy

I'm 18, it's all good. I'll bring ID if I need to anyways though,

Ghostv2
11-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Sometimes people have an open spot on a trailer and live relitivly close. I know I got offered to go last year from people I never even met. If you really wanted to go maybe that's an option.

slashfan7964
11-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Sometimes people have an open spot on a trailer and live relitivly close. I know I got offered to go last year from people I never even met. If you really wanted to go maybe that's an option.

Definitely an option we'd consider for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Dirtweed
11-19-2013, 10:17 AM
My kid and I are thinking of driving down from Rochester NY next year. The wife can go to the office in Cincinnati that week as well so after Trikefest
we will have a nice Hotel to clean up in and get rested before we head back to NY that next week. Just have to find a place to store the 12' trailer and
trikes when not at Haspin Acres for a few days afterwards.

What are the dates for Trikefest 2014? Need to start making plans now for vacation.

keister
11-19-2013, 12:36 PM
What are the dates for Trikefest 2014? Need to start making plans now for vacation.

That question is answered five posts above, but I'll take the bait......

TrikeFest is ALWAYS the weekend AFTER Father's Day. Official events are Friday, June 20 - Saturday, June 21. People will begin filtering in as early as the Sunday-Monday. Friday and Saturday are jam packed with trike events, so you will want to arrive a few days early. I will be arriving on Wednesday, June 18 (happy birthday to me) and recommend people do the same..... Thursday at the absolute latest.

I love how the dates line up this year. June 21 is the summer solstace - the longest day of the year. Haspin is about as far west as you can go in the eastern time zone, so it won't even be completely dark until around 10:30 pm.

Dirtweed
11-19-2013, 03:22 PM
I saw the 2013 in the post above....guess that was a typo. The Hotel is only an hour or so from TF so we could head back every night to crash
and head over early the next day. I have zero camping gear.

keister
11-19-2013, 04:33 PM
Good deal. See you out there.

captainweezy
11-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Weekend of June 21st I would know due to my wedding is the same weekend this coming year! >.< I am curious about the insurance and registered vehicles there?

I am still willing to marry you fine folks from ND. You sure you cant talk your wife into it?

slashfan7964
11-20-2013, 08:39 AM
If there is a hotel an hour away we might not need to pull a pop up.

90guy
11-20-2013, 10:34 PM
I am still willing to marry you fine folks from ND. You sure you cant talk your wife into it?
Haha Trust me Shane, Its a weekly question I ask her! haha. I think she is wanting something like what shes wanted. And me I really wat TF wedding lol. But Its mainly her day so gotta make her happy! lol I will continue to ask though!:beer

slashfan7964
11-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Right now it is looking like we are going. :)

slashfan7964
11-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Confirmed. We shall be there :)

slashfan7964
12-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Alright, I have a few more things I want to clear up.

Trikefest is free, so is the $35 Friday-Sunday fee waived? That would drop 1 week from $100 to $65 from Monday-Thursday, and be a little bit easier on us since none of us is working right now.

I know there will be trikes to ride when we get there but if we come early I don't want to get there and then not have anything until the end of the week...and to be honest we don't have much to take or anything to really haul anything on or with...so are we shooting ourselves in the foot coming early?

Would it be easier getting food down there than trying to haul it in coolers for an 8 hour drive?

I'm just afraid all this is going to total up to some crazy price and it's looking like it.

fabiodriven
12-07-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm usually there the Sunday prior to the actual weekend of Trikefest. I spend most of the days at Riverfest though which, coincidentally, happens to take place that entire week and is literally right outside the gates of Haspin.

slashfan7964
12-08-2013, 01:28 AM
We are currently planning on leaving very early Monday morning, around 4-5am so we can be there and get set up around noon to 1pm. Provided we have extra cash in order to ride other peoples machines, each of us will gladly pay for the gas we use.

Convincing my dad to let me take my X isn't happening.

Anyone else for my questions in my last post?

hoosierlogger
12-08-2013, 06:49 AM
You still have to pay the park fees for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Food is available, but it is cheaper to bring your own. There are other things to spend money on there too. There are t shirts, swap meet, raffles, ect. The first and second year I went Wednesday thru Saturday, and I spent almost $250 for everything.

jeswinehart
12-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Free coffee anytime at my camp. And most, if not all folks will cheerfully let you use their cookers/grills in their camp.
You will be surprised how little you actually need to have a great time at a Trikefest meet.

john

slashfan7964
12-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Free coffee anytime at my camp. And most, if not all folks will cheerfully let you use their cookers/grills in their camp.
You will be surprised how little you actually need to have a great time at a Trikefest meet.

john

I've fortunately got a grill (if I can get my dad to let me take it) and some coolers. I'm just worried I'm going to need a lot.

You still have to pay the park fees for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Food is available, but it is cheaper to bring your own. There are other things to spend money on there too. There are t shirts, swap meet, raffles, ect. The first and second year I went Wednesday thru Saturday, and I spent almost $250 for everything.

Alright. Are the park fees taxed? I'm feeling like we may not be able to if it's going to cost $800+.

hoosierlogger
12-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Don't remember about the tax. Most of my money was spent on alcohol and lavish amounts of ice. I am confident you can do it cheaper. Sounds like you boys need to grab some snow shovels and start earning extra $$$ any way you can. This is an event you won't want to miss. Be there or ride squares!!! We will sell you the whole seat but you will only need te edge!!!!

slashfan7964
12-09-2013, 12:27 PM
That's what I'm thinking. If we don't make it this year we will definitely be there at some point. The goal is to come down though.

Regardless, I think we are just going to try and make a ton of money and hope it gets us through.

matt3x
01-28-2014, 06:01 PM
My buddies and I have done this the past two years - rented a uhaul trailer, filled with 2 trikes, tents, tables, gear, etc... then one more trike in the bed of the pickup pulling the trailer. One other pickup and an open landscaping trailer with 3 other trikes.

Last year we brought PB & J, burgers, and hotdogs. Had a liquid dinner one night and burgers and dogs the rest. I think it was maybe $50 each for 5 guys covering food and drinks for 3-4 days. Biggest thing I can say is consolidate everything as much as you can - less vehicles = less gas.

It's hard to say exactly what you might want to take or need unless you've experienced it. And now that my buddies and I have started going I don't think we will ever miss a year of TF.

King Trikester
02-23-2014, 02:46 PM
I would live to bring my family down one year, it sounds like so much fun, I've got no problem with camping For a week I do it all the time.

How many people attend each year?
Does anyone from Canada ever go?

slashfan7964
02-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Apparently the consistently turn up 300+ people and people come from overseas as well.

keister
02-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Does anyone from Canada ever go?

Canada is always well represented. Off the top of my head, I can think of 7 Canadians that will be there this year - mostly from Ontario, but at least one from the west coast. They are always easy to spot with the extra reflectors on their trikes...... and the aroma of Kraft Dinner eminating from their campsites.

Dirtcrasher
03-06-2014, 01:13 AM
My buddies and I have done this the past two years - rented a uhaul trailer, filled with 2 trikes, tents, tables, gear, etc... then one more trike in the bed of the pickup pulling the trailer. One other pickup and an open landscaping trailer with 3 other trikes.

Last year we brought PB & J, burgers, and hotdogs. Had a liquid dinner one night and burgers and dogs the rest. I think it was maybe $50 each for 5 guys covering food and drinks for 3-4 days. Biggest thing I can say is consolidate everything as much as you can - less vehicles = less gas.

It's hard to say exactly what you might want to take or need unless you've experienced it. And now that my buddies and I have started going I don't think we will ever miss a year of TF.

YES!! No need to overdo. I generally eat once a day or wander over to the smell of bacon and proceed. ICE is the biggest issue, your deli meats need to stay cold, cheese, yogurts, hot dogs etc etc. Keep the food simple or you'll be icing all day. Other beverages need to be kept cold as well. I bring an extra box of 1 gallon ziplock bags for opened food you don't want water in and for anything you take apart. Plenty of tools/nuts/bolts can all be found there. Howdy had like 100 carburetors for sale last year :lol:

I do suggest spare tires even if just riding around the trails. Sidewall tears aren't fun at TF. Although, I'm sure others are available to borrow (you break, you own, you pay :D )

Really try to go and show up a few days before Friday. There is nearly never enough time and Friday/Saturday are packed with events.

R-N-D
04-09-2014, 07:08 AM
I have a question about setting up camp. I've been to a few Trikefests in the past but always stayed off grounds. This year I may be bringing an RV. Are there any hook-up sites for one? Electric/Water? Thanks.

jakep53
04-09-2014, 07:43 AM
One year if I manage to haul myself out from Australia, obversely I can't bring a trike so is there trikes that I would be able to ride or do I just have to watch everyone else have fun lol?????

Billy Golightly
04-09-2014, 08:16 AM
I have a question about setting up camp. I've been to a few Trikefests in the past but always stayed off grounds. This year I may be bringing an RV. Are there any hook-up sites for one? Electric/Water? Thanks.

No hookups at TF.

Eric250R
04-17-2014, 03:56 PM
One year if I manage to haul myself out from Australia, obversely I can't bring a trike so is there trikes that I would be able to ride or do I just have to watch everyone else have fun lol?????

There will always be someone willing to let you ride one for the weekend.

jakep53
04-18-2014, 05:35 AM
There will always be someone willing to let you ride one for the weekend.

Ok thanks I might come out sometime!!

dlmeyer0325
06-17-2014, 07:05 PM
I will be coming down late thursday night/friday morning 2-3am. How difficult will it be to find a spot to pitch a tent and park a trailer? First TF for me and I can't wait!

hoosierlogger
06-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Ray Charles could find a place to park a trailer and pitch a tent Haspin acres. Might not be the smoothest place, but there's plenty of room.

M.Pargiello
06-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Are we still able to get in at all hours with all the rule changes now? Said gate gets locked at 11 or something, I'll probably be there a little after that on Thursday

IKE-Z
06-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Are we still able to get in at all hours with all the rule changes now? Said gate gets locked at 11 or something, I'll probably be there a little after that on Thursday

Should be fine man... I don't think the more strict rules will be enforced until after trikefest. They know people are coming from all over and at many different times.

dlmeyer0325
06-17-2014, 09:40 PM
ok thanks. Might try to squeeze a vacation day in to get there even earlier