PDA

View Full Version : 84 tecate build . Extra parts available

wifespissed
11-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Hello, i have been building an early tecate 3 for a few months now. I purchased a pair of them with an extra set if electronics as well . I am looking for some brake parts if anybody has any. I also have parts to trade or sell . I am on ebay but would prefer to use the forum if possible to keep prices down on my end and yours thanks . I will post some pics soon.

jb2wheels
11-08-2013, 12:55 PM
What brake parts do you need?

I have most of an 84 drum setup. Probably only a rotor for the rear.

One of my 85s has a KX125 rear master on it now. Works fine.

wifespissed
11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey thanks I will check into that. I have two complete front drum setups but im thinking about switching over to disk. Do you know if the lower fork legs will work for the disk set up if they come off a drum set up? I'm not sure how the front caliper mounts. Also I'm not sure if I xan use thr front rim and hub. Any help would be great

J-Cow
11-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi I am looking to buy or trade for an 84 flywheel.

I have an almost complete parts machine with extra parts to trade.

Let me no if you have a flywheel or need any parts.

roll on 3
11-18-2013, 08:50 PM
lower legs will not work , if the uppers are nice not rusty I would just get the lowers off 85, there hard to find not pitted and rusty.

jb2wheels
11-19-2013, 11:23 AM
^ x2 - at one point, I had 4 1st gen Tecates around here. Between those and collecting forks, I had nearly 20 tubes laying around. And only 6 or 7 weren't rusted/pitted.

To put an 85 front disc brake on an 84, you need the fork lowers/sliders, hub, rotor, wheel/tire, spacers, etc.

wifespissed
11-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the help guys guess I'm gonna keep it drum for now the restoration is comming along sweet but I don't want to spend a pile of cash to get it done lol