PDA

View Full Version : Big red hybrid??

LastFoolerInVA
11-08-2013, 11:50 AM
I saw this & had to laugh... I remember I thread a while ago where a couple of people were talking about big reds & that most people who know very little about 3 wheelers always think every 3 wheeler is a big red..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-HONDA-250R-BIG-RED-ATC-3-WHEELER-VERY-RARE-VERY-CLEAN-RUNNING-CONDITION-/231087213864?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35cddf0d28&item=231087213864&pt=ATVs

I wonder where the hi-low switch is?? :lol::lol::lol:

atc300r
11-08-2013, 12:26 PM
He doesnt have a clue. Its far from stock. It has trail-pros ,what looks to be a Bassani head pipe.aluminum front and rear rims. After market front fender.I think a mikuni carb.An after market swingarm. It would be nice to get ahold of. It is in realy good shape for and 82.

slashfan7964
11-08-2013, 12:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks for the laugh. That's true though. A lot of people I talk to say "oh 3 wheelers suck" and I'm like what you ride? A big red? And then they are like uh yeah and I walk away laughing lol

Buck Snort
11-08-2013, 10:18 PM
I have a add on Kijiji wanting parts for a 83-84 atc 250R. People send pictures of beat up Big Reds. But what is funny , I phoned on a 82 250r motor that was for sale and the first thing the guy said to me is it is not a big red motor. He said I was the first guy too phone that actually knew the model the motor came from. Most people don't have a clue about 3 wheelers, but that is part of the enjoyment for me.

Ghostv2
11-09-2013, 10:25 AM
I understand everyone calls 3 wheelers big reds when your not familiar with them, even i was there at some point. I didnt grow up in the 80's with these. I grew up in the 90's with these. But how do you own such a nice performance machine and not even know the proper name or what you really have? One persons ignorance will be another persons gain in this auction.

OKSTATE#1
11-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I grew up riding three wheelers, but the one my parents bought back then was the 85 BR, like the one I have now. I definitely know the difference lol. Had a guy tell me "oh! I got 4 big reds in a barn, hardly ridden, been in there for years!" I'm thinking to myself, "cool! I want them all!". He shot me a price of about 4k for all of them. I was fired up, he said they were all stock and in great shape. I figured, "holy hell, I will sell two and basically get 2 free!" I was just setting myself up...

Well....you know where this is going. They were trashed. Looked like from the pics a couple if 110s, a 70, and maybe a 200x. Tough to say. They were all "red" though lol. :(