PDA

View Full Version : Vaping....Anyone doing it?

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm looking for any kind of feedback from those of you that are vaping either as an alternative to smoking or using it/used it as a tool to quit smoking. Talked to some guys at work who are using them now as an alternative but don't know of anyone personally who was able to quit smoking and vaping as of yet. For those of you who don't know what vaping is there is there are all kinds of articles on the web. Long and short of it is that it is pure nicotine infused into water vapor and ingested through a battery operated "cigarette". It eliminates all the tar and chemicals put into the tobacco and tubes. Suppositdly leaves the nicotine addiction and removes the cancer causing agents? I've tried nicotine gum (disgusting to me), pills (only time I quit successfully for any period of time), cold turkey. The longest I made it was 2 1/2 months about 15 yrs ago in 33 yrs of smoking. I'm gonna try to purchase one of these this wkd and start the process(hopefully to quit all together). Tired of coughing, hocking "luggies", and freezing my arse off in the winter (don't smoke in the house). Besides that I just did my insurance elections at work. $100 a month difference for smokers! Soooo, whose tried it or is doing it. Looking for advise/experiences here. Want to hear it all the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Thanks!

kb0nly
11-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I have a few friends that went with e-cigs... Blu, South Beach Smoke, and there was another one i forget the name. They all said the nicotine content was satisfying and they were able to quit regular cigarettes right after the switch. One used his e-cig for about two months gradually reducing the content and using it about the same amount. You can get the refills in different concentrations of nicotine. Now he uses it maybe once or twice a day where he used to smoke two packs a day. His ultimate goal is to quit entirely but he has a stressful job.

The main thing is to remove the reason why you smoke and replace it. I was a heavy smoker for a lot of years, quit about 10 years ago. I went with wellbutrin at the time, made the cigarettes taste horrible after a few days and then i lost the mental addiction to them, but the driving factor i had was my first sons birth, didnt want to smoke around him. Smoking outside at 20 below when i could be in a nice warm house helped me kick it to. LOL

El Camexican
11-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Wife and a bunch of friends have bought into this all with the same results:

Phase 1 “This is the greatest invention of all time! You need to try this! I don’t smoke anymore!”
Phase 2 “This thing is great, I only smoked a couple cigarettes a day!”
Phase 3 “This thing is saving me money, I only smoke half as much now!”
Phase 4 “This thing is pretty good, but it’s not the same as smoking”
Phase 5 “This thing is alright, but I only use it where smoking is prohibited”
Phase 6 “Oh, yea, that thing, sure its ok, I just don’t remember where I left it”
Final Phase 30 days later it ends up in a drawer next to the box of patches they planned to quit with last year.

Save your money, man up and go cold turkey like everyone else who REALLY quit smoking

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 02:15 PM
kb - wellbutrin was what I previously quit on as well. Just don't like being medicated. Gave me insomnia and felt like I was walking around in dulled state. If this don't work for me I may try the pills again possibly

El - I guess I'm just not man enough then, can't do it cold turkey. I've tried numerous times and as soon as the slightest thing irritates me I'm grabbing for them again. I realize "switching" is really not quitting due to the nicotine being the addicting ingredient in both. i hoping to ween myself off totally be reducing the nicotine volume as kb spoke of in his post which can be metered with the vapor cig unlike the real thing.

Another big reason this is coming about for me is finding out 2 wks ago my step daughter is pregnant and I'm gonna be a Pappy! :D Seemed like even more incentive to kick the habit. Thought about and talked about quitting for years. This time I taking it more seriously.

El Camexican
11-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Dude! YOU CAN DO THIS! You WILL do this! But only YOU can make it happen, not some patch, vapor stick or hypnotist. It took me over 20 years to beat the nicotine, but I did it (seven years an counting now) and if I can do it anyone can. Love your wife? Love your kid? Want to be around for your granddaughters future? Only one way to do it, but you do need to adjust your life to that of a non-smoker, not just say you want to quit. Think of something you liked doing before you started sucking on cancer sticks but is no longer possible as a smoker. For me it was hockey, for you??? Set the goal and JUST DO IT! Run with your dog, ride a bicycle, anything that requires breathing clean air. Toss the ashtrays, lose the lighters, wash the tar off your car windows and paint the house and shop walls, get that crap out of your life and start living good!

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 03:03 PM
I think the difference this time is I want to quit. For all the reasons you listed and more. Hockey for you, hunting for me. Tired of being the one out of breath anytime we put on a drive or being the last one to get to my spot because I'm stopping constantly to catch my breathe. I hear ya loud and clear. Gonna give it what I got, just hoping the vaping will assist on my task at hand.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-13-2013, 03:18 PM
A good friend of mine gave me a starter kit as a gift for standing with him in his wedding in early September.

The kit he gave me is made by E-Go. I use the wickless tanks, they seem to last the longest and taste the best.

The day he gave me the kit, I had just bought a new carton of cigs. So I smoked real cigs during the day while working and at home puffed on the E-Cig. (nice because I don't have to go outside). Once I ran out of the real cigs I went exclusively to the E-Cig. I still have a regular cig now and then. But it is infrequent enough that a real cig tastes like the very first time I ever tried one.

I think for some people it works, and others not so much. Everyone I know that has had success with it says you still have to want to quit to successfully switch exclusively to electronic...

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 03:25 PM
So any side effects ride-red?

RIDE-RED 250r
11-13-2013, 03:39 PM

Only side effects are:

-better breathing/no achy lungs in the morning.
-better sense of taste/smell
-thicker wallet. IDK about PA, but here in NY tobacco is extremely heavily taxed. A pack of Marbs for example is 10 bucks and up. A bottle of E-liquid lasts about a month and is about 13 bucks and a tank every month or so at 5 bucks. AT the least, you will save alot of money going to vapor. I used to smoke a pack a day or more, and have Indian tribe run gast stations nearby where I could buy "cheap" cigs for $52 per carton. I was spending $200+ per month on smoking, now it's only about $20 or so.

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Good to hear! I'm at a pack a day through the week and a little more on the wkds. As far as cost I roll my own and use what categorized as pipe tobacco so it's not as heavily taxed for some reason. I can make 2 cartoons for under $20. Although saving money is a bonus, it's not the main reason I want to quit. Being more healthy and sticking around a little longer is my main incentive.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Your reasons for wanting to quit are much better than simply saving money.

I have smoked since I was 17, now I'm knocking on 36. I did quite for about 2.5 years recently. I quit Christmas day of '07. But what do ya know, got stupid and ended up a full time smoker again. The E-Cig has helped me to still enjoy smoking without all the stuff that is going to kill me. Eventually I see myself quitting all together again. But the E-Cig has helped to at least stop killing myself slowly.

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Thats the type of response I'm looking for. Hopefully I can follow suit!

El Camexican
11-13-2013, 05:21 PM

Double posting?:lol:

RIDE-RED 250r
11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Well, being someone that truly enjoys smoking I will say if I can do it, pretty much anybody can.

I would suggest trying the method I used. Smoke normal cigs during the day, and when you get home, smoke the electronic.

Ill post a couple of links that may be helpful to you...

I have a kit very similar to this: http://www.madvapes.com/madvapes-510-ego-mega-dual-coil-clear-cartomizer-kit.html

These are the tanks I use and so far like the best: http://www.madvapes.com/stam-ego-ce5-clearomizer-2-1-ohm.html

You will see mentioned that the battery contact sometimes won't make contact. It's very easy to address with a paperclip.

The kit and tank I linked along with your choice of juice will give you everything you need to get started.

The biggest thing is to figure out a combination that works for you and juice flavors you like. As you can see by that website there are many options for flavors, batteries and cartomizers.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Double posting?:lol:

LOL! Yea, my computer went all wack-a-do when I tried to post that reply.... Sorry about that... wiseguy! LOL! :beer

Just fixed. :)

Liquid-Darkness
11-13-2013, 06:44 PM
I smoked for about 3 or 4 years and I tried the wellbutrin for a little while. Did not like it so I quit cold turkey. Have not had a smoke in like ten -eleven years. Don't care for smokes anymore. I have a friend who vapes quite a bit. He rebuilds his vape and makes his own flavors of juice. Every month he comes over to my place for a few cold beers and he lets me try his vape. It tastes great!!! Way better then real smoking. One flavor was buttered popcorn!!

I won't inhale though its too strong for my healing lungs to take. It smells like candy when he takes a big hit and it clears up like steam. I love the vape idea.

wisconsinite
11-13-2013, 06:47 PM
I've been using ecigs for about 6 months, it's working pretty well for me so far. Finished the pack of smokes i had when i got it, and that was pretty much it. I will bum a cigarette once in a while though. At this point, i'm using as an alternative, but one can step down to zero nicotine content. If your thinking about trying it, i'd advise buying a couple disposables to try out before buying an expensive kit. And shop around, read reviews, etc. there seems to be a lot of junk out there.

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm glad to see there are successes with these. I'm gonna be going to a local "shop" that has a variety of options. Guy from work was impressed with their knowledge and willingness to work with him for what would work for him.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Thats a good idea.

There is a shop near me that my brother has been to. They actually let you sample some of the products so you get something you know you will like.

MRSOUND
11-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Same with this shop...He said the guy had one that took disposable tips and left him try as many as he wanted till he found one that suited him.

sledcrazyinCT
11-14-2013, 12:21 AM
My wife is a smoker and she has tried the E cigs for awhile. Supposedly its a different taste/sensation. Her main complaint is that at least with a real cig you know to stop when it burns down, for her she complained that with the E cigs you do not 'know' when to stop smoking it so she feel she uses it more.

MRSOUND
11-14-2013, 07:50 AM
My wife is a smoker and she has tried the E cigs for awhile. Supposedly its a different taste/sensation. Her main complaint is that at least with a real cig you know to stop when it burns down, for her she complained that with the E cigs you do not 'know' when to stop smoking it so she feel she uses it more.
That's a good point I never thought of. I hoping I will be "aware" of how much I'm using it so as to not just substitute one for the other forever. I can see where that could prove to be a difficult scenario. So I'm assuming that she gave up on the e-cig and as back smoking?

Mosh
11-14-2013, 07:51 AM
My wife and I have smoked for 20 years. We started vaping 3 days ago. Don't get it confused with e-cigs. They are 2 different animals. We tried e cigs and I will be honest. For the veteran regular smoker they don't do the trick. They have poor ,taste will not draw a good hit , are relatively more expensive than regualar cigs and the batteries dont last long.

Go with a real vaping system with non cotton cartridge. You want a juice tank , seperate elemenet ,or atomizer.
We purchased a kit called the Kanger EVOD bcc.
I paid a lil more through the vaping shop but we got 2 units , chargers , 5 extra atomizers , and four bottles of Juice for 100$.
These systems last longer , taste better and are cheap to maintain. Juice runs about 7$ a bottle but would last the normal smoker for probably 2 weeks. It has been 72 hours. My batteries have not died yet I have not even gone thru a full tank in the unit and only have had 2 real cigs.
If you get the e cigs you will be back on the real cigs due to taste and no real satisfaction from them. Plus the 100$ investment for a vape unit forces a little more commitment than a 25$ dollar or 10$ disposable e cig and tastes way better..Especially when you mix your flavors foryou personal tastes..

MRSOUND
11-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Thanks Mosh! Vaping system is what I'm looking at. Didn't really think about there being a difference between vaping and an e-cig. Again I assumed, and we all know what that does, folks were talking about the same thing. The one I want to take a look at that the guy at work has ran about $60 for the kit which included 2 complete setups minus the juice which he said ran about $8 a bottle. Everything comes apart and is replaceable like you mentioned yours does. Here's a link to the one he has: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-14158-ego-t-CE4-e-cig-e-hookah-e-cigarette.html I did some research and there ones with wicks and ones without. Not sure which way I should go there.

atc007
11-14-2013, 08:28 AM
I got sucked into this because I had NO Earthly clue what " vaping" was... Now I do! As you know Mike,I do not smoke. Everyones different and it was never something I would ever try. But if I was inclined. I watched an AMAZING Uncle die the slowest,grueling death I have ever seen FROM smoking cigarettes. And I have seen a LOT of death,on the farm and humans.. He was a dairy farmer right down the hill from us. Tough old bird. his gut would growl like a piped 350X as the cancer ate him from the insides out... NOT kidding, he'd say,,sh!t,,the vultures are circling.. So after 3 years of suffering, he dies. My Dads Sister,his Wife, who never smoked a day in her life. Gets cancer,from second hand smoke shortly after his death. ,,she suffers TWELVE years of dying,fighting cancer. I don't understsand ANY of it. But,,you guys CAN do this!!!!! Stay strong,look in your familes eyes,and say, THEY are worth it. YOU are worth it!! I don't know what else to say! El has DONE it! LISTEN to him lol !!! And oh yeah,,Congrats Grandpa Mike! We're expecting our 1st Grand Daughter in February !

RIDE-RED 250r
11-14-2013, 06:28 PM
I recommend the wickless tanks. The first tanks I used had the wicks and after a couple fill ups the vapor tasted like burned plastic. I switched to the wickless and have been using the same tank for about 5 weeks or more and have not yet had the burnt taste.

kebby28
11-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Finally clicked on this thread to see what Vaping was myself.
I made it 7 months last year using the patch and then going on the gum. This time around I tried the $25 e cig and hate it. Pulls hard and doesn't do the trick. Battery doesn't last and I will smoke it all day till my cheeks get tired of pulling.
Im really interested now that I checked out MRSOUNDs link. It looks fun and rewarding witch can help in quitting. I can't walk through the woods without dying and I'm only 33...

MRSOUND
11-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Good to know.....Buddy at work likes his with the wicks but has only had it for a few weeks. Hmmm decisions decisions

MRSOUND
11-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Sounds like there are all kinds of flavors kebby. Some are even saying the vapor smells like the flavor.

MRSOUND
11-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Let the journey begin! Picked up my vaping equipment today. Decided to take some advice from folks and bought a "better" set up. Actually bought a 2 pak that came with 2 e cigs, USB charging cord, electric outlet adapter and a fill bottle. This all came in a little zippered case that looks like what the heroin addicts carry lol. Anyway I also bought 2 flavors of vapor. 1 called whisper is more of a tobacco taste with caramel. The other is called island colada. And yes you definitely taste the flavors. They have these in different levels of nicotine. I started with 2.4%. It then goes to 1.6% then .6% then 0% already premixed which is where I want to end up. They even have what they call a mixing bar. Since they make their own brand of vapor (which is what I bought) they can mix it to any concentrate you want so you can ween yourself off slower if you don't want to take a big jump in nicotine level. I also got 5 atomizer replacements awhile and an extra USB cable for at work. Total cost = $110. If I'm able to quit smoking = priceless. Thanks for all the feedback from the folks already using these. It played a big role in which set up I went with.

atc007
11-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Good for you Mike. Sounds like a plan for success to me!! You will do this.

MRSOUND
11-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Well, day 3 after my vaping purchase. Sat night we went to a friends 40th birthday party and then went out afterwards (which we rarely do anymore) wasn't too bad. alternated between smokes and vaping. Yesterday.....6 smokes all day. Normally I'm a pack a day through the week and more on the weekends. Today so far.....3! And 2 of them I only smoked half before putting them out. I'm very optimistic this can work for me! Thanks for all the advice on which "direction" to go when purchasing guys. I believe you led me down the right path!

RIDE-RED 250r
11-18-2013, 07:31 PM
That is great to hear!

I think the vapor system has filled a void in stop smoking aids. It's not always simply about the nicotine. With me, it's just as much the habit, and the "pleasurable" experience of smoking you don't get with the old methods of patches and such....

MRSOUND
11-18-2013, 07:44 PM
That is great to hear!

I think the vapor system has filled a void in stop smoking aids. It's not always simply about the nicotine. With me, it's just as much the habit, and the "pleasurable" experience of smoking you don't get with the old methods of patches and such....
Have you stepped down on nicotine level yet? Or I guess I should ask are you planning on stepping down? If so how long between increments?

RIDE-RED 250r
11-18-2013, 08:58 PM
I have not yet stepped down yet. As of right now, I don't have any set plans to do so just yet...

Mrs.Mosh
12-17-2013, 04:09 PM
How you been doing with this? I gotta say I really like it. I have had the occasional cigarette form time to time, (Like last night, a little stress induced "want a smoke") but once I light it, I ask my self why I did...they taste nasty now.

I use the coffee flavored oil even though Mosh says it stinks..but I heard people who use the flavored oils have a higher rate of quitting than if using the ones that are suppose to taste more like a cigarette.

MRSOUND
12-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Been up and down the last week. Best day since I started vaping was only 3 smokes. Back around a half a pack which is still better than I was. Vapor just wasn't tasting the same and didn't fulfill the "erge". I had changed my atomizers and realized the taste changed after that. Called the vape shop and asked if done something wrong possibly and found out they had a bad batch of atomizers. I didn't even know that was possible. So I'm going in tomorrow and he said he will exchange them for me. Time is drawing nearer. I've set a goal for the 1st of the year. I've got a flavor called whisper that tastes like caramel and a caramel and coconut flavor. I alternate between them since I have 2 units. When 1 runs out or needs charged I switch to the other just to mix it up a bit.

MRSOUND
01-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Figured I'd throw out an update to anyone that's interested. Monday 1/6/14 i smoked 1 cigarette. Last 1 I had tobacco to roll. Haven't had one since! :BounceI know 4 days doesn't seem like much but for someone that has smoked for the last 33 yrs it is very promising! Won't lie the urge is still there but has not over powered me yet. Thanks to all the folks who responded with encouragement and feedback on the vaporizing itself! It is deeply appreciated!:beer.
And not that I'm really counting but............
Post 1000

Mr. Clean
01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Great Job MRSOUND!! The other motivating factor to quit is so you wont pay all the taxes to our gubment when buying death sticks.

A wise man also once said in his sig

"insanity - Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

MRSOUND
01-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Ah touche! Mr Clean. Thanks! The quote by the way if anyone is wondering is by Mark Twain.

blue27
01-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Way to go mike!!!!

atc007
01-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Way to go MIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you even THINK about rolling another one. I MEAN IT man. YOU ARE THERE. You did it! I'm sure it will still be a little rough but power through it man !! This is SO awesome! The families gonna be DAMN proud of Gramps :naughty::lol: For what it's worth. My Wifes Nana lived to 94,walked to her deathbed. Former smoker. Her Dad is 78 and not on a single med, former heavy smoker. They both quit around your age or younger. You can put ALL the garbage smoking DID to your body behind you and live a long healthy life :) Great job man!

captainweezy
01-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Great to hear Mike. It sounds like you have a great WHY. It is so important to have a why in anything you do.

MRSOUND
06-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Today is 5 months smoke free for me! Just thought I'd bring it backup to say this can work! I even stepped down from 2.4 to 1.8 on the nicotine level in the fluid last month. Don't get me wrong, I carry a vapor with me everywhere I go just like I did the smokes & the urge is still there for a smoke now and then, but I feel better and don't hack up a lung every morning like I used to. Anyone wanting to get off the smokes feel free to get a hold of me for any questions or post them up. I'm more than happy to share what I know (no expert but I've learned a few things) to help anyone else quit. First time ever I'm proud to say I"M A QUITTER!

ironchop
06-06-2014, 09:37 AM
It will be two years for me on 7/25/14.

I was smoking 1 1/2 packs a day and when I was working in non-smoking areas, I dipped a can of Grizzly about every two or three days. Sometimes I had a dip in my lip right below the cig in my mouth.....I laid it down cold on 7/25/12 and never had another puff or dip forever after. Your post reminded me to be proud of myself.

You got this.....its way easier to stay on it than you originally thought and before long, the smell of cigs will piss you off. My wife still smokes and it drives me nuts. Lung cancer runs in her genes so I have cause for concern. Have you noticed that food tastes different after you quit? I fell in love with Mac & Cheese all over again after my taste buds grew back.

The best lesson was that I had always thought of non-smokers who complained about smokers as sometimes whiny sissies who are never pleased anyway. Once cigarettes stopped smelling really good (non smokers don't understand we smell cigs differently than they do)....once tobacco sopped smelling good to me, I totally understood how non smokers felt with that stuff in their face while they eat.

Anyway, congratulations!!! And NEVER give up

MRSOUND
06-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Food does taste better! I can tell by my growing waistline lol. Smells are a wonderful thing as well. As far as smokers go, damn it stinks, literally. I won't complain though (to them) because I know that's is what I smelled like for well over 30 years. Would be hypocritical. Pat on the back to you as well! I look forward to the time I can say I was off of them that long.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-06-2014, 10:41 PM
That's good news!!

I must admit, I did fall off the wagon for a spell just as I changed jobs and worked the midnight shift all winter. BUT, I am back on the wagon and staying away from tobacco again.. It was a minor relapse, and I'm not going to give a bunch of lame excuses for it.... Real cigs still do smell good to me and the temptation is still there... But it keeps getting easier to resist as time passes by..

MRSOUND
06-06-2014, 10:55 PM
That's good news!!

I must admit, I did fall off the wagon for a spell just as I changed jobs and worked the midnight shift all winter. BUT, I am back on the wagon and staying away from tobacco again.. It was a minor relapse, and I'm not going to give a bunch of lame excuses for it.... Real cigs still do smell good to me and the temptation is still there... But it keeps getting easier to resist as time passes by..
Glad your back off! How long were you off cigs before you "fell off the wagon"?

atc007
06-07-2014, 07:17 AM
What a great thread. Hats off to you Mike,and everyone else that is a quitter. Joe,,,,don't make me come up there lol. That wagon is headed in the right direction,stay on it lol. My buddy was here last night. Kinda hard to tell his story without a book. So,lets just say he said to me last week.. Life is great! Can we be done now.... That's him. Single,really doesn't give 2 craps about anything on this earth except our friendship.. So,,,As I stated earlier in this thread. Vaping to me was chinese writing. Never heard of it. Had zero clue what it was. You taught me Mike. I told my bud. He now vapes. A LOT. Of course,he has taken it in the wrong direction lol.. He said his Momma didn't raise no quitter!. So,he has Increased his nic intake. 4 sound way high?? I think that's what he's sucking. BUT, it beats the hell outta smelling those damn cigs. We planted some more garden yesterday,and he is SO ashamed to smoke around my family. He went WAY out in the hayfield to have one. The rest,was vaping. So,I thought of you,and thanked you yesterday Mike,if your ears were ringing all afternoon. All you quitters please pm me your address. I try to send a lil something to anyone who quits sucking on these ridiculous things, Regina,if you see this. I still need your address :)

SHIFLITE
06-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Keep it up man...I started vaping about 2 1/2 years ago, since then I have been smoke free . It's to the point now I barely even use my e-cigg.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Glad your back off! How long were you off cigs before you "fell off the wagon"?

I was 100% off real cigs for about 3 months if my memory serves.

Not that this excuses my weakness, but late last fall I was about the most stressed out with my old job truck driving I have ever been. I was kind of perpetually in a bad mood for a good while and to put it plainly, my "give a s***" was busted. At that time I went back to regular cigs. When I changed jobs on Jan 1st, I became the midnight watchman working 3rd shift for the first time since 1999. The stress was (and still is) gone but I had to battle back and get back on the e-cig. I have been back on the e-cig since about february now... I bum a regular cig once in a great while.. But I have not bought a pack or smoked real cigs on anything that could remotely be called a regular basis since then.

shovelryder
06-08-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm trying, and really tired of cigs..... It's the single hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. Good on you all!

atc007
06-08-2014, 10:23 AM
My understanding is. If you can go cold turkey for around 2 weeks. You will get there.. But given these guys success stories. Get a vape. You CAN do this!!!

MRSOUND
06-08-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm trying, and really tired of cigs..... It's the single hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. Good on you all!
If you want any info hit up on a pm with your # or email address. I'm certainly no expert on vaping or an addiction counselor (we are addicts) by any means but I'm more than willing to share what worked for me.
Mike

ironchop
06-08-2014, 02:08 PM
I HAD to quit cold turkey. This is true for everything I have ever quit successfully.Doing things in phases doesn't work for me. If I know I can have something to help with cravings, its just replacing one thing for another and I end up failing. I know that works for other folks and Im not knockin it at all. I just cant do anything without going all out up front.

DohcBikes
06-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Cold turkey 6 years ago after ten years of smoking. They are dirty and they make everything smell so i knew i would quit someday. throw them away and stop talking about cigarettes all together.

Cigs aint nothing compared to quitting dipping tobacco, not even close. I would not inhale a cigarette drag for a thousand dollars (not even close to worth it) but yet after chewing copenhagen for 15 years (a can a day, swallowed most of it) and quitting 7 years ago, I still have dreams about chewing, or stare at the cans on the shelf. The stress of MMI actually had me dipping for about a month last year, but i quickly gathered my will again on that small slip, and it wont ever happen again.

I quit both because i refuse to have my schedule and thoughts revolve around something that only harms me, and only serves to calm a craving that the very product itself created.

Many smokers say "you gotta die somehow".

You do not want to die from tobacco.

Neither does your family. Got any young'ns that look up to you?.......

Great to hear of your success MRSOUND!!!

ironchop
06-08-2014, 05:59 PM
The WORST thing I have experienced after quitting tobacco was the nightmares......I sometimes occasionally have dreams where I smoked just one cigarette or tried just one pinch of Griz. I always wake up PISSED at myself and kind of panicky in a way like that last partaking would be the one I got cancer from.......Im usually sweating when I awake. Like I had just made a deal with The Devil.

I know it sounds like nonsense but it has been something very real in my quitting experience but honestly, the ONLY negative side effect of quitting.

wisconsinite
06-08-2014, 09:22 PM
I've been using my ecig for over a year now, started march of 2013. Honestly, it worked great for me right from the start. I'll still mooch an occasional smoke from someone, but it felt great when i noticed that they tasted bad!

RIDE-RED 250r
06-08-2014, 09:32 PM
The truth of the matter is that there is no one-size-fits-all cure-all to help tobacco addicts quit. However, there is one single component required no matter what method is chosen, and that is the true desire to quit and for the right reasons. For me, it has been being a dad and really coming to grips with my own mortality, realizing that I may very well be halfway or more through my life...Your heart has to be in it.

Whether you go cold turkey like Ironchop and DOHC, or need to ween yourself off and/or substitute something else like an E-cig like some others including myself, it is far from easy. I have had my slip-ups. I dipped for several years when I was younger, smoked for almost 20 years. But my experience has been the opposite of DOHC, I found dipping much easier to quit than smoking.

Bottom line is, I don't give a rats posterior what Micheal Doomberg, Mein Furor Der Cuomo, BHO, the surgeon general, Dianne Sawyer or any of those clowns say is best for me. They don't really care anyway and nobody can convince me to the contrary. My decision made for my reasons is what motivates me to stay quit, even though I may slip occasionally.

Congrats to you guys for kicking it no matter what method you choose. It's not easy, and its a life long recovery.

wisconsinite
06-09-2014, 04:18 PM
I had a real easy time quitting chew. Tried it once or twice when i was a kid. Swallowed some, and was sicker than a dog for a whole day. I let my mom think i had the flu :lol:. I always wished that had happened when i started smoking!

atc007
06-09-2014, 07:05 PM
So, I just drudged back through this thread lol.. I met a little lady today who would like to quit,has tried ecigs and HATED them. But never heard of vaping. So,,Mike,I told ya :) :).. Anyhow, I would like to steer her toward something that is going to work. She has the desire, Again. I am not a smoker,so... Did you settle with wickless also Mike. Moshes, are yours wickless? What should I be steering her towards. Thanx you quitters!!

MRSOUND
06-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Yes I am wickless. Vape shops even lounges are popping up all over the place. I would suggest going to one and ask to try them. Most have all their flavors and different types of vapors available to sample. Try as many flavors as you want till you find something you like. Ask questions! Different flavors and vapor fluid (e-liquid or juice as it's called) can be concentrated for more of a "throaty" hit or to produce more smoke (vapor) to assimilate the sensation of smoking. Flavors range from "cigarette" to fruit to cotton candy to pina colada. Most flavors also come in different levels of nicotine so you can ween yourself down. My favorites are nutty caramel and fireball. I also get one called whisper which in non menthol cig flavor with a hint of caramel. Have her go to this link and read through the 12 step guide to get some good basic info.
http://guidetovaping.com/vaping-guide/

phantombiker
06-10-2014, 03:35 AM
hey guys...this is a mom and pops owned place here in st louis, mo....killer flavors and he and his wife take orders over the phone...not sure about pay pal....but its called move2vapor.com and they're pleasant to speak with. not sure if they have gone ego, but deffinately like the juices!!!!:beer

atc007
06-10-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm trying to find a vape shop or lounge for her in Elmira NY. My buddy filled me in on everything you said here Mike. Thanx again!!

MRSOUND
01-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Figured I'd throw out an update to anyone that's interested. Monday 1/6/14 i smoked 1 cigarette. Last 1 I had tobacco to roll. Haven't had one since! :Bounce
Well here it is 1 year later and I'm still smokeless!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance019.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) If I can do this anyone can. I've been on 0% nicotine in my vapor since before Thanksgiving. Good thing too, My place of employment went tobacco less (including no e-cigs or vapors) Jan 1st. I don't even vapor now until I get out of work. Hoping to soon just lay down the vapor too. All just habit now. Thanks again to all who contributed info, advice, and support. :beer

fabiodriven
01-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Mike I could physically see the difference in you at this past Trikefest. I need to follow suit. I'm going to get on with the vaping very soon I think.

MRSOUND
01-06-2015, 11:06 PM
If you have any questions John Hit me up! Here in thread, pm's, facebook or we can exchange #'s through any of those avenues and talk about on the phone. I'm no expert but I can tell ya what worked for me. It was definitely methodical for me but it's working. That goes for anyone wanting info.

El Camexican
01-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Well here it is 1 year later and I'm still smokeless!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance019.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) If I can do this anyone can. I've been on 0% nicotine in my vapor since before Thanksgiving. Good thing too, My place of employment went tobacco less (including no e-cigs or vapors) Jan 1st. I don't even vapor now until I get out of work. Hoping to soon just lay down the vapor too. All just habit now. Thanks again to all who contributed info, advice, and support. :beer

Good for you Man!:beer Keep it up, it just keeps getting better with time.

RIDE-RED 250r
01-07-2015, 07:26 AM
I don't want to take this thread and turn it into a political discussion but I have to point out how ridiculous it is that people are going after vaping like they did smoking actual cigs! Goes to show ya, the nannies don't REALLY care about whether its really bad for you or others nearby, it's all about what it looks like.....Let not the facts get in the way of nanny state agenda....

Good going Mr.Sound! :)

fabiodriven
01-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Well day one with no cigs but I did buy an E-cig for now. I'm going to get something better as far as vapor goes. My buddy has a nice unit (you should see it:naughty:), so I figure I'll hit the store with him hopefully this week. I've tried quitting butts many times and even on the first day I struggle and feel defeat almost right off the bat. Not this time. This past weekend was an exceptionally rowdy one for me, and I ended up smoking myself gross. Today I am like a pig in shite not smoking, I feel great already. I've actually put down the other stuff I smoke as well and I'm cutting the drinking out as well. The holidays were tough and I'd be lying if I said I didn't indulge myself, or rather drown my sorrows. I've had my fill and need to get back to the real "au naturale" me or whatever the frig. I drove at work all day today with a smoker in the passenger's seat and I wasn't even a little tempted. As a matter of fact, I had pity on him to a degree. I don't mean to come off as GW here but I feel as though victory is already mine, as if it's already done. I think I'm ready this time, but I don't want to act as if I've not folded before. I am but a man after all... So far so good though. I've been off the boozohol since Friday which isn't a huge deal as I typically don't drink during the week anyways (save for holidays), but being off the chronic since Sunday (three days ago) is more than noteworthy for me. No desires there at this point either. I guess we'll see how she trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro goes!

El Camexican
01-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Well day one with no cigs but I did buy an E-cig for now. I'm going to get something better as far as vapor goes. My buddy has a nice unit (you should see it:naughty:), so I figure I'll hit the store with him hopefully this week. I've tried quitting butts many times and even on the first day I struggle and feel defeat almost right off the bat. Not this time. This past weekend was an exceptionally rowdy one for me, and I ended up smoking myself gross. Today I am like a pig in shite not smoking, I feel great already. I've actually put down the other stuff I smoke as well and I'm cutting the drinking out as well. The holidays were tough and I'd be lying if I said I didn't indulge myself, or rather drown my sorrows. I've had my fill and need to get back to the real "au naturale" me or whatever the frig. I drove at work all day today with a smoker in the passenger's seat and I wasn't even a little tempted. As a matter of fact, I had pity on him to a degree. I don't mean to come off as GW here but I feel as though victory is already mine, as if it's already done. I think I'm ready this time, but I don't want to act as if I've not folded before. I am but a man after all... So far so good though. I've been off the boozohol since Friday which isn't a huge deal as I typically don't drink during the week anyways (save for holidays), but being off the chronic since Sunday (three days ago) is more than noteworthy for me. No desires there at this point either. I guess we'll see how she trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro goes!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! You WILL do this!!!! Everything after the 3rd day is dramatically easier. 1 down 2 to go. Proud of you and anyone else doing this:beer

MRSOUND
01-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Ah yes Fabs...Sounding very positive! Here is what my daughter posted on my FB page yesterday. You'll be surprised of the changes you see, feel, and smell! After a while people who smoke will "stink" to you. I used that as reminder to myself. I looked at it as a "reason" not to smoke as opposed to an appeal to light one up myself. State of mind and desire to put them aside is key. We all deal with it differently.

fabiodriven
01-07-2015, 11:40 PM
I was becoming a "stinker" and I knew it. That's just gross. Thanks for the enthusiasm Mike!

MRSOUND
01-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Anytime John.... Remember all you have to so is ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironchop
01-08-2015, 11:11 AM
.... I've actually put down the other stuff I smoke as well and I'm cutting the drinking out as well. The holidays were tough and I'd be lying if I said I didn't indulge myself, or rather drown my sorrows.....

same here, John as of day before yesterday. Couldn`t recall the last time I was straight plus I`m just wasting good stuff to numb up every day for no good reason.

so far:

Quit cigs and Grizzly (dip) over two years ago
Quit drinking alcohol regularly (at least five days a week) in 2007 with an occasional drink maybe once a year
Quit CocaCola a few months ago. I was drinking a minimum of a twelve pack a day of soda for the last three years and 4 2litres a day of mountain dew for the 20yrs before that
Quit smoking other stuff two days ago and counting

For me it was a no-brainer. I had a massive aortic aneurism at the base of my heart they found in `07 and rushed me into surgery to replace the first 8 inches of my aortic artery with a synthetic one and replaced my aortic valve with a robo-valve (it clicks loud like a ballpoint pen when my heart beats) so I have to take warfarin to thin my blood a bunch to keep the robo-valve from clotting up and causing strokes and embolisms and whatnot. Drinking alcohol makes me hemorrhage cuz they keep my blood so thin.

then I wrecked and broke my neck in late `12 and that's been causing a lot of problems for me as well with a lot of pain, nerve, and mobility issues which is why I was smoking so much "other" because I hate pain pills. This was all on top of a laundry list of other previous issues and injures. I`ve been trying way more heat/cold therapy, tried a Chiro (who refused to lay a hand on me), and extra exercise. Exercise has been the MOST effective way to treat the pain and mobility problems thus far and increasing my water intake daily helped as well. I think it lubricates your joints or something.

Deonna and I have also started eating healthier and more natural/ less processed foods.

I know I have to continue to make radical changes to my diet and exercise habits in order to get to feeling better again because @ 44yrs old, I`m pretty smashed up already and I need to take better care of myself for myself, family, and my first grandbaby on the way next month.

Good luck, John. Don`t hesitate to text or call if you need a kick in the ass back on track. You got the number.

MRSOUND....congratulations man!

RIDE-RED 250r
01-08-2015, 03:04 PM
I was becoming a "stinker" and I knew it. That's just gross. Thanks for the enthusiasm Mike!

You'll always be a "stinker"! LOL! :beer

Or are we talking about 2 different types of "stinker"???? ;)

Good man John and you too Ironchop! It does feel good to get off the cigs. Plus vaping is worlds cheaper than cigs once you figure out a setup that you like.

atc007
01-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Wow Ironchop, just wow lol. Good luck with everything! Way to go Mike!!! SO proud of you!! John...where to start lol. So good to hear you're at this point now. It has been quite a journey. Having no personal experience with this. It sure sounds to me like you've got the winners/quitters attitude going in! Head down,bull forward. Good luck and perserverance to ALL you quitters!!

jays375
01-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Wow good for you guys!Keep at it!

fabiodriven
01-10-2015, 11:45 PM
It hasn't been that long but I figure I'll update. Honestly I feel as though the smoking battle is over, and it really wasn't a battle this time. I'm just done with it and couldn't be any happier! I had tried e-cigs before and it didn't really take. I still thought about smoking a lot as I had every time I tried to quit before. This time I was truly ready. I still feel my old feelings of guilt pop up while I'm vaping and then realize I don't have to feel guilty! I had crappy breath, I was staining my teeth, I was wheezing, and worst of all, my laugh was getting gross and I was embarrassed by it. No mas! I feel like a million bucks, no kidding. I have my e-cig that I can bite on and hang out of my mouth while I'm driving and I picked up a bigger device today with the refillable reservoir and the replaceable element and all. I got a tobacco flavor which I love because I've always loved the smell of unburned tobacco from the time I was a kid and I had always wished burning cigarettes tasted more like that. Well this is exactly what I had always wanted and it's not going to kill me. I mean, I just feel great! I'm pumped! My buddy and I went bowling last night and we had a couple beers while we were there, he's vaping as well. We were vaping right in the alley, no more going out in the freezing cold! A couple of times I looked over at the door and my heart sank as I wasn't looking forward to going out into that ridiculously cold weather to smoke, then I remembered I didn't have to! Friggin sweet!

MRSOUND
01-10-2015, 11:53 PM
Great to hear John. The longer you go the easier it seems (at least it did for me). If you get into the vapors more you can regulate your nicotine intake as well. I started @ 2.4 and stepped down as I felt comfortable doing so. Went to 1.8 then 1.2 then .6 and now on 0! Took me year to go through the progression. Stressful situations can be challenging at times for me but I've coped so far. Hoping you can do it too!

atc007
01-20-2015, 01:31 PM
I hope things are going well for you guys trying to put this behind you. We're all pulling for you.

keister
01-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Tomorrow will be day 100 without a cigarette for me.
For those of you that know me, you know this is a very very big deal.
I pretty much chain smoked every day for the past 5 years.
Example, I always smoked an entire pack of 20 on the trip to TF each year.
Had my last cig in October, used the patch, disposable and rechargeable e-cigs, vapes, you name it - I needed it.
I've been nicotine free for about 6 weeks.
I think it was 3 weekends ago I threw all that e-stuff in the trash.

I would be lying if I said it's easy at this point. I have cravings every single day. I would love a smoke right now.
Still constantly reaching in my pocket for my smokes. Checking my pockets like something is missing.
But the cravings come and go. That is to be expected.
I do know for a fact that I will never smoke another cigarette again.
I smoked for 26 years - averaging a little over a pack a day.

MRSOUND
01-20-2015, 02:12 PM
As mentioned before I'm just over a year and cravings still come and go. Awesome that you have made it to this point. I will be checking with you in June at Haspin to make sure your staying "clean"!!;)

ironchop
01-20-2015, 02:25 PM
my wife quit smoking as of Saturday night.

today is her third full day w/o a cig.

She`s a mess. I forgot how terrible my mood was the first three weeks but thankfully she`s here to remind me AND add a whole new facet (the Angry Woman Factor) to the cause.

I`m rooting for her health and happiness but I`m also not mad that there will never be another cigarette consumed in my house again and my clothes will no longer smell like her cigs.....Plus we will save an additional $100 a month.

fabiodriven
01-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Doing great here! In the clear so far! Still vaping but not even that much. I get disgusted by people who smell like ashtrays now, so gross. Last week I was sitting around and something smelled like feet. I was sniffing around trying to track it, turned out it was my boots which were on my feet! Just couldn't pick up on it before!

jays375
01-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Wow you guys are doing good.Kiester are you getting ready for Ohio already?

atc007
01-20-2015, 06:45 PM
You guys freaking AMAZE me. Hands down ,AMAZE me. ALL of you doing what is SO hard to do. I am speechless!!! Congratulations gentleman and Mrs Ironchop!!! Wow,Just WOW. I am so proud of ALL of you. Keep up the hard work!!!

Dave8338
01-21-2015, 08:32 PM
Just read the entire thread. I quit smoking in October of this past year. Bummed a few over Deer hunting and remembered just how BAD they taste on how bad my clothes and breath must have smelled. I use a Vape Pen and have a few different juices. Strangely enough, I use less pepper on my food now.

Keep up the good effort, gents and ladies, quitting is the best thing you can do for yourselves.

atc007
01-23-2015, 11:32 PM
Again ,I know nothing of what I'm typing lol. But,I heard on the radio yesterday. They have found that vaping at 3.2 and under produces little/basically zero formaldehyde. Up around 5,,,,HUGE amounts ,,alarming amounts. I immediately thought of you warriors here. I guess try and keep the volts down vaping?,,,,,

Mosh
01-25-2015, 09:48 AM
I have been " quitting " for 5 weeks now. I say quitting cuz I truly feel that a regular smoker of over 15 years or more spends at least a few years fully quitting before they actually never get back on em.

Cold turkey for me. No vapes, gum, nothing. I came down with the flu back in December and went through a 36 hour coughing spat that literally was some of the worse pain I have ever endured and thought to myself "this is probably what emphysema must feel like"..

I have quit various times before over the last 20 years and was back on em within a week and always used some crutch. I say I quit to everyone now, but still remind myself that I have a long way to go but feel confident I have made the turn.
The Mrs..also followed suit with the same results..4 weeks for her

fabiodriven
02-07-2015, 10:04 PM
I've done a month. :-)

atc007
02-07-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm SO happy for all you quitters! Great job Fabio!!

250rs-neva-die
02-07-2015, 10:39 PM
I am 2 weeks in. Have tried many times to quit. This time I am trying Chantix. so far so good. Definitely some weird dreams

MRSOUND
02-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Heard that about the chantex from other folks.. Keep going man... You won't believe how different you will feel, smell, and taste.

sledcrazyinCT
02-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Way to go everybody! Quitting is the best thing you can do for your life. I have been tobacco free since 1989- for me I got started in high school but got off after three years. Just woke up one morning and hacked up some bloody phlegm and said trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro it. I lost one of my grandfathers to lung cancer when I was 9 and figure there are better things in life to take you to your grave

My wife has made 83 days so far with no smoke aids. Considering being a 20+ year smoker she has tried many ways to quit. Wanting to quit for the health benefits or because you have children is a great motivator I believe this to be the ultimate reason she finally quit cold turkey.

Chantex works for some but considering the side effects and seeing how she reacted to it I do not recommend it. She tried the E cigs and vaporizers but that did not seem to help because the taste and sensation was different. Her main complaint about the E cigs or vaporizers was not knowing when to stop using it. A regular cig you reach the butt end and extinguish the e cigs you can puff til the battery dies.

There is an app smokefree that gives you stats on money saved, tracks your time smoke free, offers a journal to track your progress, urges, achievements. The app also texts you facts of how your body is slowly negating the effects of tobacco, and send links to forums where you can discuss every aspect of cigarettes, ways to quit, etc.

Her doctor made the suggestion of tapering down to under 9 cigarettes a day. The last year before quitting she was at 4 to 6 a day and the Dr. was like at this point your body can let go of the addiction, you just need to get rid of all the triggers or habits of why you typically would reach for a cig, this app helped her as a distraction or a way to avoid that urge.

Glad to hear so many are trying to quit! keep up the good fight.

fabiodriven
03-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Over two months now, no problems. I had a cigarette a few weeks ago when I was at Icefest, not because I needed it though. It was an old one I found in my truck and I had a few beverages so I enjoyed it. I actually smoked it right in front of Rory and Craig and they didn't even notice, lmfao. I had another one a couple of weeks ago when I lost my vapor device one night at work, which is when I use it most. I panicked and one of the guys gave me a smoke. It was awful. I had one yesterday as well when I got together with an old friend who still smokes, one of the last of our group who still does actually. My other friend who vapes as well went outside with him and I knew where they were going. Again I had a couple drinks so I went out and joined them. None of the three butts I had did I "need", I just had them for shites and giggles. Still no worries for me, I'm as good as done with smoking I'd say.

In other news, I've become a pescatarian over the last two weeks. It's something I was halfway into for a long time anyways and I've made the jump. You guys can all laugh and give me shite, that's what everyone else does. Honestly I have no idea what it is people find so funny and amusing about another person's choice of diet. I'm all for poking fun at someone but I truly fail to see the amusing side of what it is I'm eating, except for the exemplary farting, but that's not even what it is they're laughing at. At any rate I'm enjoying my big lifestyle changes and thanks for the support!

El Camexican
03-08-2015, 11:28 PM
In other news, I've become a pescatarian over the last two weeks.

That should make the girls happy:naughty:

atc007
03-09-2015, 05:41 AM
Good on you Fabio. Thanx for checking in! Also,,anyone here have a good quality vape they would wanna pass on to a 30 yo single Mom trying to quit? Or the best suggestions on what one to get her? She said she saw a friend with one and it smelled like fruit loops on exhale and thought,,,Maybe I could do that.. I know,,she has to WANT to quit...Not sure she's quite there yet....She won't here the end of it from me till she does lol...

hoosierlogger
03-09-2015, 02:19 PM
A guy I work with uses an e cig. He is allergic to peanuts and couldn't figure out why he was getting sick all of the time. He was reading the label on the bottle of juice he uses and it contained peanut oil. Lol he now uses a different brand. Just thought that was a funny story.

ironchop
03-09-2015, 03:08 PM
In other news, I've become a pescatarian over the last two weeks..... You guys can all laugh and give me shite, that's what everyone else does.

I promise not to laugh... I`m all about improving myself...so what is Pescatarianism all about?.....Benefits?

RIDE-RED 250r
03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
I'm at right about 1 month now back on the wagon and vaping 100%.. That little scare I had recently involving the big "C" was a large motivator.

Bill: There are many many different devices available for vaping. Some people like to hot-rod and customize puffer (I think Fabio falls into this category) and others just want to buy a descent E-cig that is simple and works well. I fall in to the latter category.

Previously, I mostly used the CE4 tanks with an Ego style battery and with hit and miss performance.

I decided I needed to try what might seem like a better unit. The CE4 tanks are disposable, so how good can they be, right?

I went for the T-Dux 2.0 made by Smok-Tek and so far have been very pleased with it. This tank system is rebuildable... And by rebuildable that simply means that when the coil gets gunked up and starts working poorly you can easily replace the coil.. As quick as changing out the battery. It works much better overall than the CE4's I used before. Coils usually last me about 5 days. Occasionally I get a coil that only works good for a day or 2 but that doesn't happen all that much.

Replacement coils cost under $2 each.

I like this setup, here is a link. Only thing different is that I use 1.5 OHM coils as opposed to the 1.8 OHM this particular T-Dux 2.0 comes with. And you can change to whatever OHM coils you want when you replace them...http://www.madvapes.com/t-dux-2-0-1-8-ohm-single-coil.html

atc007
03-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanx RR... I dropped off some baby clothes to her today and ,,,,lets just say,, she is Nowhere near ready to start quitting.. So sad and a long story..... I appreciate all that info,and I know it will help others looking in :)

fabiodriven
03-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Bill sorry to hear you weren't able to help your friend. As Joe said, you can either go full bore into vaping or just get yourself some E-cigs. I started with the E-cigs but they just didn't do it for me. The device I have is a bit more high-speed, but far from the cat's meow. If you were going to purchase one Bill, all you'd have to do is pop in to your local vapor boutique. They're popping up everywhere. My friend had initially given me my first device but forgot to give me the charger. I went into the local boutique in hopes of buying just a charger, at which point they informed me that my device was just a cheez-o gas station device and they couldn't get me a charger. I could go online and order one, but for the time and money I was better off buying a newer, more standardized device from them. If you buy a good one, then you're able to replace parts or upgrade, etc., as Joe was saying.

I promise not to laugh... I`m all about improving myself...so what is Pescatarianism all about?.....Benefits?

I don't want to hijack Mike's thread Doug. I'll have to start my own thread on that subject. I appreciate your interest however.

atc007
03-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Thanks Fabio. She actually lives "downtown" as it gets around here. So she would have access to a boutique,,I think? Not sure there's one. She is former foster child,drug arrest at 21,DUI,,, Then caught 2 more times after her DUI. Did time,twice..No shot at a license till 2019... So here she is, 30 now,walking to work 2 blocks with her baby. Dependant on bus or taxi for groceries..I cannot possibly IMAGINE.... Cleaning apartments and watching her kid. Needs a sitter in the worst way. No child support. Was a one night stand. Doesn't want to give him the option of visitation. Now today,,,she's thinking getting a "sugar daddy" for like $300 a month would be a good idea. I did my best to convince her out of that strategy.. To please not sell her body for ANY reason.... We didn't get to the smoking subject. Instead,,My clothes were ruined for the day ,and I can barely breathe tonight.... Long day,,Guess I'm venting..not vaping..I really appreciate the advice guys. It will be passed on!! And congrats again to ALL you quitters!

fabiodriven
03-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Wow Bill. I won't delve too deeply into that whole deal, but I will tell you most likely she won't be receptive to vaping. I wouldn't have been at 21 and my life was a picnic compared to what this girl has going on.

atc007
03-09-2015, 10:27 PM
She's 30..It's like sitting front row to a train wreck you know is going to happen,but there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I've done all I can realistically do :(.. And yes, quitting smoking isn't in the cards anytime soon. I need sleep. Thanx again..

fabiodriven
03-09-2015, 10:39 PM
My apologies, I misread that.

Ya try to sleep tight bud. You can only worry so much. It may not be every case, but many people could improve their situations if they wanted to. I understand putting in the effort, believe me I do. After you've watched people keep going year after year without changing though, hope can stray. It's a decision only they can make. I've spent enough time around those types to know how they work. What I've learned is to get away sooner and stop investing so much in people who not only sop up your hope, but they'll actually spit it back at you. It may sound harsh but I've had enough of addicts and alkies. Personally I'll just steer clear. After all, someone has to watch out for me.

MRSOUND
03-10-2015, 09:08 AM
mE THINKS vapings a little like jackin with Jergens or waring a condom while practicing pescatarianism :Bounce why not die sooner then later ? This will die the way of creepy hipster beards.......or emo purses :rolleyes::rolleyes:I gotta tell ya thou......i gotta thing for Italian chicks that sound like Fran Drescher ! At the end of the day......you can stay alive for your family......or be an arsehole !:crazy::cool::cool::cool:
I don't normally play into heinous comments on threads & most folks on here don't give 2 shits what you think. I know you think your being funny but this aint the thread for it. A lot of us are trying to make some serious life changes to better ourselves or help others. Please save your crack pipe comments for another thread, this one don't need it.

ironchop
03-10-2015, 10:07 AM
,,,,lets just say,, she is Nowhere near ready to start quitting.. So sad and a long story:)

My unsolicited advice: Don`t be pushy but don`t give up.

Honestly, it sounds like she has a lot bigger "right now" problems than smoking cigs which is thought of as a "later on" problem for most people.

My wife seemed like a lost cause too. She smoked all the time, everywhere, and almost all her life (she`s 40 something) She was her own worst enemy and would admit defeat before she even started to quit. It caused some rifts between us because I`m more of a "mind over matter" kind of guy and I have trouble being sympathetic to human weakness especially when it`s only mental. Problem is, even though you regularly tell your male friends to stop being sissies, you can`t really tell your wife that.....well...you can....but it doesn`t end well, trust me!......I couldn`t help myself though. When you smoke, it smells like a burning candy bar when someone else lights up and you can`t wait to fire up your own Snickers bar and start puffin away. When you quit smoking, you realize what non-smokers experience when you light up. Smells like burning ass, burns your eyes, burns your mouth, makes your clothes smell bad, and chokes you out if you`re in a bar or a room full of smokers.....burning candy bars vs. burning ass. Quite the dichotomy. When I first quit she was very accommodating and smoked outside and away from me but when my cravings went away, so did my wife`s consideration.

I kept plugging away for two and a half YEARS to get her to try and quit and I even bugged her sister to quit relentlessly. I got to help these two pick up the pieces after their mom died @ 54 from cancer which was shortly after losing two other female family members to cancer......Eventually, they leaned on each other for excuses both claiming "I can`t quit if my sister still smokes. It`ll be too hard because we are always together."

So I bought Deonna some Chantix (after $75 off coupon it was still $145 for a month of pills) and I offered to buy Renee`s script as well. I followed through and so did my wife. She did have one relapse and smoke a pack in one day midway through her two 1/2 months now but everybody has trouble. Over a month since then and she still smoke free.... As for me, I just know how to mind-F@#%K myself so I didn`t have any relapse. I do have bad dreams that I started smoking again from time to time and I wake up mad and confused until I realize it was all a dream.

fabiodriven
03-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Oh Glamy... What's gotten into you as of late? It's clear through your vast change in posting that something has happened to you, possibly a couple months ago? Girl leave? Problems at work? You've gone from clever and funny with a hidden meaning to judgemental and surly with blatant projections and accusations. Is someone bullying you pal? Let's nip this in the bud before you get yourself banned, shall we?

fabiodriven
03-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Don't go away Glamy. Relax, have a smoke or something.

atc007
03-10-2015, 02:23 PM
Ironchop, My hat is off to you. I am so glad to hear you and the Mrs are still going strong! And I apologize for venting instead of vaping last night. Wasn't my intention to stink up,,pun intended,,,Mikes amazing thread.. Which has clearly helped a lot of people. One to me is WELL worth calling a victory. And yes,, I will continue to lean on this young lady. But frankly,,,All I see is ,her in jail,her daughter in foster care and eventually also using her skin as a canvas for her pasts pain. I hope and pray I'm wrong. But like Fabio said, you can only invest so much into helping others. It HAS to come from within for it to work... Glamy,someday I'm gonna figure you out. I know there's a lot of good in you, I've seen it. And feel it.Your pic really hit home hard after what I went through yesterday. To stand there in person and have a beautiful young woman offering her body up for sale hurt. It hurt a lot. It aint like watching it on COPS on tv. Nothing at all.

RIDE-RED 250r
03-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Chop: you hit in on the head when you referred to it as a "later-problem".

When I first started smoking at about 17 I figured I could get away with it for a few years and quit "later"...

Before I knew it i was a 15+ year pack-a-dayer.... "Later" comes all too soon....

ironchop
03-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Bill (? atc007, hope that's your real name) I agree with Fabio to an extent. Just stop apologizing for being a good guy.

People do have to help themselves, this much is true. And I grew up with an alcoholic dad, a pill-poppin mom and a whole host of other people in my life have suffered addictions to everything from cigs, to bourbon, to meth, coke, and now heroin. I am no stranger to self-destruction myself either. I don`t remember ANY of the first half of the 90s because I was trying to find myself in a cut line or an aluminum foil and when I was out of drugs, I just drank at the bar seven days a week. I`m saying this because while I am wholely responsible for my own sobriety, I have to say that it was the hope and faith OTHER PEOPLE had in me that made me realize my own self-worth and even begin to face my own demons.....The birth of my first child in `95 was a real turning point. I took all that hope and faith other people had and I started to give a damn what kind of father I was going to be and it all just clicked. From that day on, I laid down one vice after another until the present day and my current addiction I have recently conquered is soda pop....Nothing left after that to quit. LOL.

I know that I am an exception rather than the rule. My sisters husband OD`ed on Smack a couple years ago. My stepdaughter`s real dad on Oxy and Smack until all his organs shut down and he died a few weeks ago @ 45 yrs old. I have friends that have murdered because of drugs. I had a close highschool buddy go on to become a drug dealer and was murdered in a city park over $50 worth of weed. I have friend who killed someone in a DUI. I have numerous buddies doin time right now for cooking meth, dealing drugs, prostitution, theft, assaults.....all from addictions. I`ve seen OD`s in my own house. it terrifies me every day that my kids will walk the same road I have. I was STUNNED when my son told me he could score a hit of Smack at school for about $5.......$5!!!........any kid with some lunch money could be banging or snorting Heroin with just FIVE BUX!!

My point is, as an addict, I had NO self-worth. No identity. No love for myself or others. No respect for my body. No respect for the safety of others and NO respect for the Law. I was not about to start giving a damn until other people who did give a damn wether I lived or died gave me a reason to see myself in a totally different light and I started to think that I had VALUE. I finally felt like if I died tomorrow, SOMEONE would cry at my funeral. Honestly, that was more than enough for me. I started trying to live up to the expectations of these people....NOT the users, dealers, schemers, and asshats...but the people who loved me. I remember how disappointed I always was with my mom and dad (mom beat pills. Dad died from alcohol long ago) remember how much it hurt me that they didn`t give a rats behind what happened to me or what they were inadvertently teaching me. All the broken promises. All the embarrassment at the docs office when mom would have to pill shop after being told not to come back to your family physician.....how all the kids at school found out....how my dad would get drunk and beatup people in public all the time and sometimes get beatup himself or the times he got drunk and grabbed my date`s boobs or said disgusting inappropriate things to my girlfriends. I remember being embarrassed because someone felt sorry for ME because THEY sucked at parenting and I remember thinking "maybe these people are right. I`m screwed and deserve this pity somehow and I will probably never amount to anything as a child of two addicts............Ultimately, I remember thinking that the people who care for me will not accept the excuse " it`s not my fault". And I knew that if I didn`t try to live up to the person they believed me to be, I would never be any better than a genetic deadend and a posterboy for D.A.R.E. at the local highschool.....most of all, I got tired of watching my grandma cry behind a two-inch thick sheet of glass every Wednesday night while Iron served time for yet another of his "head-in-ass" moments. I resolved to change.

Since those days, I have extended my own hand hundreds of times. I have had it bitten off too. I`ve been stolen from by those I tried to help. I`ve been nearly arrested for THEIR frauds. I have spent many a stressful day and sleepless night and I have been my own toughest critic calling myself "weak" for feeling anything for these people. Then I remembered......

One time shortly after I got clean and straightened up, I was trying to convince a now-deceased friend to get himself clean. After many months and much personal aggravation I was ready to give up. I told my friend I wasn`t gonna watch him kill himself any longer and that he should lose my number and never show himself to me again. Dude broke down. He said "man, please don`t stop worrying over me. Promise you won`t stop looking for me when I disappear and please don`t hangup when I call from jail again." He went on to say he knew that when I stopped giving a damn, then all his hope for himself was lost and he would surely perish from his own hand because he felt he had nothing left to live for if he felt like nobody cared....right then, I knew precisely how he felt.

Nobody says you should loan an addict money, let them stay on your couch, find them a job, loan them your car, buy their kid`s diapers, or their prego baby momma some food

Now like Fabio mentioned there are some folks who I like to refer to as "psychic vampires" who latch onto you and then project their own drama into your life and just generally bring you both down into the depths of Misery. While you have to be strong against this sort of thing, you still can`t just close off an wall everyone out as a precaution. Depending on who the addict is, you may not be able to shun them (son, daughter, wife, etc.)

givin a damn doesn`t cost you anything and it helps make your Soul good.

Bill, you ain`t gotta help her but you do anyway and that much won`t go unrewarded.

Just remember that just giving a sh!te, may be the only thing she has to go on right now and while you might think it isn`t worth a hill of beans to anyone else, she may see it as the ONE shining light in her life in a long time if not forever. You are already probably the only man in her life who ever wanted to help her without expecting to get a sexual favor. That much seems evident. You are already a good dude doin good dude things and don`t realize it. Wether she rises or falls is really irrelevant. What mattered is that you had some compassion for the weaker people and it`s that thing your life will be ultimately judged against, right?

That`ll be enough touchy-feely for me. I`m gonna go rinse off my vagina now

Rock on, Brother

atc007
03-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Wow, What else can be said lol. You're a walking miracle chop. They say that which does not kill us only makes us stronger. You must dwarf the Rock!! I appreciate the kind words. And I knew it all. But seeing it in print makes a difference. Every word you said about her IS right. It is SO obvious I AM the first male in her 30 years that didn't expect a favor in return for basic human compassion.This aint my 1st rodeo, those here that know me, know that. They also know I will not give up on her. She is just a bad case for me. 30 yo,,not 16,18 or even 23.. 30. On her feet,working,clean,trying to do the right thing,,,but that past is still stuck to her ass. Obviously , there's a billion other things going on with her.Plan right now is a few groceries,wipes,etc a week. I also can't get her "addicted" to help.. Fine line, but you know that.. I've already derailed Mikes awesome thread enough,and for that I again Apologize. Sorry Mike :(

MRSOUND
03-10-2015, 07:02 PM
No need to apologize Bill. Thread is about getting info and help with "vises" that can be harmful to our health. I'm further down the road and still on the no smoking wagon over a year. If someone else benefits from the thread now as I've told ya before.... Pay it forward :)

ironchop
03-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Wow, What else can be said lol. You're a walking miracle chop.:(

No man, I`m just some guy who saw the light where others do not and I give all the credit for anything I`ve achieved in life to the people who loved and supported me. They are the real miracles

dickieg89
03-15-2015, 10:44 AM
I tried it, wasn't the same. Went cold turkey 3 months ago and back to normal. No need for an 11 year relapse again!

fabiodriven
03-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Stick with it Dickie! Good man!

M.Pargiello
03-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Been a little while since I checked in here. Quit smoking, from about a pack and a half to two packs a day. Im at work for 12 hours of the day and sleep for at least 5. You do the math.. Thing is I love smoking, don't know why. I would never have quit if I wasn't paranoid about dying from it. Just me I guess, but vaping has been a real lifesaver

My current setup is a Kanger Evod, just a single 1.5ohm coil, good everyday vape that you can trash while riding and not care. Second is a Smoktech ARO winder vv/vw battery, iclear 16b tank with a 2.1ohm dual coil, I use this the most. The box mod is a Sigelei 150W, dark horse rda, sub ohm sh*t :D

fabiodriven
06-11-2015, 09:13 PM
I know I'll be seeing a lot of you in about two weeks and you might see me smoking. I have quit, I do not consider myself a smoker anymore, however when I "cut loose" I might fire off a butt every now and then. Don't be alarmed, haha.

MRSOUND
06-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Year and 1/2 for me! Still vaping but no nicotine since Thanksgiving. I go all day (not allowed to even vape at work) without even thinking about it most of the time. Still "dream" about smoking (literally) but still holding out! It's all good fabs....hoping for restraint from ya but your a grown arse man who can make your own decisions. See ya soon brother!

ironchop
06-12-2015, 11:00 AM
My wife lasted two months and now she right back to smoking

our house already reaks

I`m so pissed. That Chantix script I bought her was $175.

atc007
06-12-2015, 11:09 AM
My wife lasted two months and now she right back to smoking

our house already reaks

I`m so pissed. That Chantix script I bought her was $175.

So sorry to hear this man... I can only imagine... I am so allergic. I couldn't live with a smoker. Literally... I wish you guys the best..

fabiodriven
06-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't touch them at all if were worried I'd start again full time Mike. I don't think a couple every few weekends is a big deal.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-12-2015, 06:23 PM
I know I'll be seeing a lot of you in about two weeks and you might see me smoking. I have quit, I do not consider myself a smoker anymore, however when I "cut loose" I might fire off a butt every now and then. Don't be alarmed, haha.

Same boat as you... I "cut loose" every now and then myself.

We recently had a very costly repair made to our boat that I lacked the proper tooling to do myself. First trip out I picked up a box of "celebratory" tiparillo stogies. Beside that and the very occasional butt from a friend I'm still doing good. I go weeks at a time just using the vape.

I use a Smok T-Dux 2.0 with between 1.6 and 2.0 ohm dual coils depending on what is available when I place an order. Just picked up a Smok Winder VV 3.2-4.8v 900 milli-amp battery and like it so far. Also, Smok has put some new bottom coils on the market for the T-Dux and others... It's a carto-coil. Instead of wicks, they have cartomizer style packing in the coil. I am currently trying one for the first time. Swapped it in last night and thus far it seems superior to the conventional coil in flavor and vapor. Still need to see if they outlast the conventional coils though. For now, 1 thumb up... 2 if they outlast the older style.

fabiodriven
06-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Joe you really need to take your vaping more serious.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Joe you really need to take your vaping more serious.

LOL! I know I know... I recently tried a vape my friend uses that has what looks like a trike battery attached to it. Sure does give a good hit. But in all honesty, when my T-Dux has a good coil in it, there is a difference but not as much as I expected. I just find the convenience of my T-Dux pretty hard to beat for day to day, all day use. I like that it fits in my shirt pocket like a pack of smokes used to.

ironchop
06-13-2015, 10:44 PM
LMAO

In true trike-nut fashion, the members here who vape are already swapping in big bore kits, bigger carbs, and hotter ignition units.

I wouldn't expect anything less

M.Pargiello
06-14-2015, 10:01 PM
I already changed my gear quite a bit, I use the sigelei 150 still, a smok m50 updated to 65w, a Manhattan and smpl mech mods. A few different rda's and a herakles sub ohm tank. All use 18650 batteries.

Frankencelery
06-18-2015, 02:53 PM
My wife quit smoking a year and a half ago and switched to E-cigs. She hasn't had a real cig since, but there's no tapering off going on, and I don't expect any. I guess its better than the real thing health-wise. Me, I call myself a non-smoker. I quit in '89. I was working as a counselor in an adolescent rehab, and they had banned smoking in the building. I thought it was a terrible thing to do to kids who were trying to get off harder drugs, but they figured they'd make 'em go cold turkey on everything at once. So here we are, the staff, huddled outside the back door in January, smoking and freezing our asses off. I had a cold, so it tasted like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro anyway, and I crumpled up the pack with 5 cigs in it, and that was it.

I admit that nowadays I love a good cigar, and in the summer I smoke 2 or 3 a week, but as any good addict would say, THAT DOESN'T COUNT!