PDA

View Full Version : Paypal dispute questions

86T3
11-14-2013, 09:24 PM
In my first purchase from a quad site i got screwed. I bought a lonestar +3 axle for my yfz and when it got here one of the bearing surfaces was 13 thousandths smaller than the other. He said it was rusty so he cleaned it up but it sure looks like it spun the bearings. He used a sanding disk to clean it up and there are some small flatspots and still a couple deep gouges. Now, there are a couple things to know. I payed for this the 12th of October, he sent it out the 17th (even though he said he d send it the 15th). I left town and went to Florida before the axle arrived. My wife said it came in and i never thought about it again till i sww it last week. I immediately noticed the damage and pmed the guy. Thats when he told me he "cleaned it up". I took it to my brother (a welder) and he said it definitely was junk. He said it could be welded up and turned back down pretty easily enough but i dont really care to mess with it.
Today, i put a dial caliper on it and saw how bad it was. I politely told the guy i wanted to be refunded the 125 i paid for it which included shipping, and id send it back to him. I would lose 26 dollars for shipping but i figured id be nice. He wants me yo send it back to him so hr can have a machinest check it out. It he decides its unusable, he'll give me 100 back. That means i lose 52 dollars from shipping it both ways.
So, my question is if i file a claim on pay pal will i get refunded my shipping? Is the delay in my filing a claim an issue? Ive been very polite to this scumbag throughout the whole ordeal incase someone has to mediate or something. I sent him a pm with photos of the caliper on the axle and some shots of the grooves, any other ideas?

MRSOUND
11-14-2013, 09:41 PM
You have 45 days from the date of the money transaction to file a dispute/claim. Had do it a while back but it was for goods not received. Won the claim due to no response from the seller. Hopefully you did not send the money as a gift? If that's the case unfortunately your SOL as far as PayPal is concerned.

Big Mike
11-14-2013, 10:14 PM
it depends on how the ad was setup/worded. If checked he would accept returns and sstated buyer to pay return shipping you won't get the money back for sending it back.

if he said he will not accept returns and did not describe it well enough. you should get all your money back

86T3
11-14-2013, 10:57 PM
I paid as a purchase, not a gift. I bought it off yfzcentral's classified section. I took a screenshot of the ad incase he deletes it. Here it is

It says in the ad that its usable and it definitely isnt. That should make my case, right?

kb0nly
11-15-2013, 03:03 AM
You can file an item not received as described against him, but chances are they will make you pay the return shipping and send it to him, once the tracking number shows it was sent back and received by him then PayPal will issue the refund. Thats how its working lately, i had to send back a couple crap parts off eBay.

Big Mike
11-15-2013, 09:30 AM
sorry for assuming it was an ebay transaction. good job saving the ad. I think you should have no problem getting your money back. the ad is pretty vague.

it may come down to interpretation of the verbage used. but you can prove that it is in fact not unusable and that in my opinion would fully disprove the "good condition" as stated in the ad.

Blown 331
11-15-2013, 10:19 AM
I've been using ebay and paypal for 15 years. Its real simple. File an item not received claim with paypal. You will have to send it back and pay for shipping. Enter the tracking number on the pay pal site so pal pay can see he got it back. Once he gets it, if hes a decent guy he will just refund your full price including the shipping. If not you will have to let pay pal make the call. But as long as they see the item arrived you will get your money back. The dispute over the condition of the part will not matter to pay pal as that is basically an opinion.

oscarmayer
11-15-2013, 10:30 AM
let everyone know on the quad site also that he is not selling items as he states. so everyone else also knows he likes to screw people.

86T3
11-16-2013, 12:45 PM
I waited for a response from the seller after the detailed pm i sent him but havent heard back so i decided to go ahead and start the claim. I was worried he was trying to stall past the 45 days. Ill keep you guys updated and i do plan on leaving a long, fact filled thread in the feedback section once this is resolved

Dirtcrasher
11-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I was unaware you could file a damaged claim from a purchase outside of EBAY?.......

86T3
11-19-2013, 03:04 PM
I guess you can DC. I did some digging today and found that the guy who sold me the axle is selling a swingarm that has "cosmetic" damage on the left side from a bearing failure. Its kinda wierd that my axle has damage on the left side that he said was from rust.

tri again
11-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Sorry to 'off topic' but I had 50 bucks in my pp account
and bought some trike stuff online and wonder if they take the pp balance first?
or go to the backup back account first.

Sorry for the silly question but thought it didn't deserve a new thread.

badass350x
11-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Sorry to 'off topic' but I had 50 bucks in my pp account
and bought some trike stuff online and wonder if they take the pp balance first?
or go to the backup back account first.
Sorry for the silly question but thought it didn't deserve a new thread.

They use the balance first, although a year ago they somehow made the mistake going to my account first an admitted that it was a problem on there end!

Dirtcrasher
11-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Good for you!! Someone misrepresented me a 200X head and valve assembly a few years back and would not work with me. So, I sent back a bunch of used EMT and couples to get the weight right :lol:

I know, not a nice thing to do but they wouldn't even speak to me. I hope they're a family of electricians :lol:

I admit it wasn't nice but they didn't follow and rules either so SCREW THEM!!!!

86T3
11-22-2013, 02:30 PM
I won my claim and will get a full refund after i send it back. But, just because this guy abolutely refuses to accept that he sent me a junk axle i ordered a set of carrier bearing and am going to make a video of of how loose the one side is. Im going to post this in the feedback section and make sure everyone knows what a d-bag this guy is.