PDA

View Full Version : 85 250sx with trx250 swingarm

auburn200x
11-15-2013, 10:50 PM
Not sure if this is the right place but,,, i have a 85 250sx and the rearend is shot on it. I have a parts bike that i believe is a 87 or so 250 fourtrax. I rough measured and the swingarms appear to e the same size. Would it be easier to swap the whole swingarm or nust the differential? The seals and bearings are in great shape on the fourtrax. Thnks guys.

King Trikester
11-17-2013, 12:13 AM
I'm surprised that no one answered this, I did a bit of searching on here and I believe the trx will fit but is a bit longer and Geared different, I'm going to be stripping down a 85 trx and using it on a 250es I will let you know how it works out

dougspcs
11-17-2013, 10:48 AM
There is a thread here from a member who installed a TRX rear swinger..there are a few mods that have to be made as I recall.

In direct answer to the question it is way easier to swap the differentials..keep in mind the TRX has the same differential ratio as the ES. But it will fit directly and work.

LastFoolerInVA
11-18-2013, 10:56 AM
You can install the trx swinger on the sx.. I think its close to a +2 in length... the only real issue is you need the trx output shaft-Honda calls it the "side gear" on the motor (the 90degree output thing on the side of the motor) to mate up to the trx swinger... you prob need to read the thread doug^^ referenced as swapping the output shaft isn't as easy as it sounds...

in other words, way easier to swap the differentials only... and your sx will big a torque monster with the trx gearing

auburn200x
11-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the info guys, glad I asked here first without just tearing into it.