PDA

View Full Version : The coolest thing you ever seen on the trails?

tanks350x
11-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Here's my candidate! While up at the hell hole in New Hampshire we decided to take a break! It was me, deepa, brrcuda and dads..We were just sitting at an intersection on the trails and out came this moose, out of nowhere! I noticed it first..First I ever seen one in the wild http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/tankispmaximus/93d346fc.jpg

Buck Snort
11-17-2013, 03:03 AM
There is a lot of moose in my area but I still get excited every time I see one. They are simply a very impressive animal. Also very tasty ( lol )

hoosierlogger
11-17-2013, 07:39 AM
We saw two deer doin it at the badlands in Attica, in once.

Liquid-Darkness
11-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Earlier this year I was up in Gorma OHV park with my dad and we were cruzin the trails along the roadway into the park and seen a doe. Coolest thing I seen this year.

RoscoW
11-17-2013, 11:10 AM
We see lots of wild life when we're in the Rose City Mi. area riding. everything tends to use the trails to get around, I've followed or crossed paths with big bucks, does and fawns, fox, coyote, partridge, hawks, owls. The coolest was the owl, We were over on the Ambrose lake loop around dusk and there was a fairly tight tree canopy above the trail. I was riding and this bird dropped out of the tree and flew about four feet away on my right side until the canopy opened up and it could veer off, It looked to be a great horned owl because it was big It was really cool. I think ATC Eric bowled over a Coyote on a night ride up there as well..

Ross..

manbearpig
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
BIGFOOT

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k557/proct103/Bigfoot_zpscc728bc7.jpg (http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/proct103/media/Bigfoot_zpscc728bc7.jpg.html)

went on a ride with Mymint87, Pocoloco, and pops. "Hank" decided to join us

El Camexican
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
A ghost and I'm not kidding. It was fall time, late afternoon about 30 years ago, on a clear warm sunny day. My buddy and I rode out of the bush at stopped to rest in the shade. In the middle of the adjoining wheat field there was what looked like a very young woman dressed like she was straight out of Little House on the Prairie. She had a long dress and a big bonnet on and was carrying a basket of flowers (there were no flowers in that area) and skipping through the field without a care about 200 yards away from us. We watched her for a couple of minutes and then she just vanished (she never looked at us). We started circling the field looking for her and never found a trace of her.

bkm
11-17-2013, 05:36 PM
A ghost and I'm not kidding. It was fall time, late afternoon about 30 years ago, on a clear warm sunny day. My buddy and I rode out of the bush at stopped to rest in the shade. In the middle of the adjoining wheat field there was what looked like a very young woman dressed like she was straight out of Little House on the Prairie. She had a long dress and a big bonnet on and was carrying a basket of flowers (there were no flowers in that area) and skipping through the field without a care about 200 yards away from us. We watched her for a couple of minutes and then she just vanished (she never looked at us). We started circling the field looking for her and never found a trace of her.Were you guys taking another one of those "Water" breaks again?

Dirtcrasher
11-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Mine was Roy doing an upside down belly flop crashing crossing the RR tracks!! :lol:

Luv Ya Buddy!!

El Camexican
11-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Were you guys taking another one of those "Water" breaks again?

LOL! Now I remember why I never told anyone about this!

captainweezy
11-17-2013, 09:12 PM
It was not me but i think at trikefest 2009ish a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro bargerope on the trail!

RIDE-RED 250r
11-17-2013, 09:42 PM
TecateDan playing Superman riding up at MIK6's place this summer! ;) :beer

Poco Loco
11-17-2013, 09:46 PM
A Badger in the sand dunes

roostin atc
11-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Seeing a heard of deer about forty while snowmobiling in Pittsburgh NH.

manbearpig
11-17-2013, 10:59 PM
A Badger in the sand dunes

a honey badger?

did you stop and ask if it gave a sh!t?

keister
11-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Hatfield McCoy 2010 I came within inches of hitting a black bear on my 350X. There were witnesses. High gear WOT! That would have been a bittersweet way to end my life.

fabiodriven
11-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Awesome story El Mexinadian!

Myself and JeffATC250R came across a porcupine up at the Hell Hole in NH a few months back. I should have a picture somewhere, I know Jeff does. We were bombing with me in the lead when I happened upon the thing in the middle of the trail. I swerved around it thinking it was something that had fallen off of one of our guys' bikes. When I was walking over to see what it was it moved which surprised me. It didn't seem to mind us much and then it just shuffled away.

Steve, Roy's superman was pretty fantastic too!

briano
11-18-2013, 05:00 PM
I once saw a man and a woman getting it on in the bushes just off the trail. There were a few of us riding together, we stopped to check out the show. the dude stood up, he had on superman underwear and a great mullet. Never got a good look at his lady companion as she stayed hiding in the bushes. Lol. The superman skivvies were pretty funny considering he was probably in his late 40's or early 50's. Lol

C.J
11-18-2013, 08:36 PM
was riding the CR85 down an old trail with my cousin on my LT250R,, we were coming back to the road and a small herd of deer went running through the woods. I got it on GoPro but you cant really see them that well. This was in the middle of the Homachita National Forest in Mississippi,,

Also, before that I was riding my LT down to the river here by my house and there was this BIGAZZ snake in the middle of the trail and i had to grab the front brakes and throw the rear tire over it so it wouldnt throw it up into my leg.

tanks350x
11-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Mine was Roy doing an upside down belly flop crashing crossing the RR tracks!! :lol:

Luv Ya Buddy!!somehow I knew you were going to mention that episode! I never let go of the bars! I didn.t want to dent my tank!!