PDA

View Full Version : honda wheel spacers, bad or good?

hitmeup760
11-20-2013, 04:15 AM
I have a 250r that I want to add wheel spacers to but since I have never done it on a trike I was wondering what the rest of 3ww thinks and any advice I could get on these.

dougspcs
11-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Depends on your tire choice, riding environment and skill level..

I for one won't use them..

I like a heavier tire with 'low roll' characteristics, I ride in pretty close areas with lots of trees and rock to navigate thru, and I'm pretty comfortable with my trikes.

The spacers would be more of a hinderance, make tight turning more difficult due to the solid rear axle and make me catch my tires on the obstacles I'm trying to avoid.

But each to his/her own!

Liquid-Darkness
11-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah with wheel spacers on my old 350X I had trouble getting it into places. Just felt better with stock hubs.

hitmeup760
11-20-2013, 03:43 PM
I mostly ride in the dunes so I don't really see a lot of trail riding just mostly wide open sand hills so I won't really be having to fit through anywhere other than my trailer but I was wondering if spacers do any damage to the hubs?

Jason125m
11-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Spacers are great, especially on race trikes. Even one inch on each side add's LOADS of stability when flying around corners.

I wouldn't be adding them to a bigred or an sx though....

The wheel spacers will NOT hurt your hubs in any way.

I jump with my spacers all the time, no issue.

If you like cornering fast, spacers are for you.

Even in tighter stuff, unless the trail is less then 50" wide, a competent rider will have no problems.

hitmeup760
11-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks I will be putting them on a 1985 250r water cooled atc.