PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE soemone tell me this is just internet babble and not true. Marlin amrs closing

atc007
11-21-2013, 06:23 PM
This is a email I got today. I PRAY it is just crap and NOT true. Anyone know better??

Marlin bought by Soros ..

This is very interesting and should be of great concern!!

MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS

Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this. I checked this out on "Truth or Fiction" who verified it. I trust them more than Snopes. Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsmen/women. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of matters.

Something you may not know that Is happening .... Who is buying the companies manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.
What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS, Obama's chief financier!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some research. This One-World Government atheist backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

Send this to every gun owner you know!

El Camexican
11-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Looks like it's been a rumor for almost 3 years. They (Marlin) still have a running website.

redsox
11-21-2013, 08:14 PM
rest easy. false all day. they control alot of things, media included, but we still have the money. soros is rich, but he aint that rich. besides, if he weree able to do it, what would stop a startup manufacturer from filling the void? overnight success with all the residual demand. ahhhh, wonderful capitalism, Jesus' way of defeating the liberals.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Marlin has been bought out... By Remington.

Remington has been making the Marlin lever guns for a couple years now... Only thing is, I haven't heard much good about the Remington/Marlins.... They have been having issues, but I'm sure they will figure it out.

Remington now also owns Bushmaster. Yes, the Bushmaster of AR-15 fame. And yes, the Bushmasters now haven't been up to the standards of it's established name.

Now, what would technically be a REAL Bushmaster is made by Windham Weaponry. Windham Maine is the town where Bushmaster rifles were made before Remmy bought them out. The gunsmiths that made Bushmasters great decided they wanted to keep making ARs and are doing it under the name Windham Weaponry... Or so I hear... ;)

Ghostv2
11-21-2013, 11:06 PM
So even if all the gun manufacturers close their doors, it would merely put a dent in the gun production field for a brief amount of time. It would mean no big name competition for the rising manufacturers that step in their place and would make them the primary sales.

Plus, i have enough guns and ammo to keep me happy for the rest of my life (maybe not ammo though), even though im always open to more guns. I only use them to hunt and target practice so i own practical guns. No home defense SBS shotguns with exotic ammo or LMG's. Well, i do have dragons breath and 12 gauge flares and other fun stuff.

LastFoolerInVA
11-22-2013, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it... last thing I read was America has over 350,000,000 guns in the hands of private citizens... that's estimated to be 1 for every man, woman & child... so even if they stop selling, they will always be there... what I worry about is the bullet shortage..

briano
11-23-2013, 01:34 PM
It has to be true, it's on the internet.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-23-2013, 09:31 PM
"Oh!..Uh... Bonjoure.." ;)

kb0nly
11-23-2013, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it... last thing I read was America has over 350,000,000 guns in the hands of private citizens... that's estimated to be 1 for every man, woman & child... so even if they stop selling, they will always be there... what I worry about is the bullet shortage..

Take up reloading and then no worry...

RIDE-RED 250r
11-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Take up reloading and then no worry...

Just started reloading a few months ago myself. I have found it addictive as all getout and alot of fun with all I am learning. Saving alot of money on ammo is the icing on the cake. ;)

I recently loaded 44mag that would be over a dollar per round to buy off the shelf for about $0.40 per round... That's nice! :D