PDA

View Full Version : is the banshee the fastest?

banshee350
11-30-2002, 02:46 AM
Do you think the banshee can outrun any quad?

Instinctz
11-30-2002, 02:58 AM
No, and nothing will ever outrun EVERY thing out there.. Of course I am sure maybe there is something that can do one thing always better than other quads, but it really is never an answer to people who want the fastest.

Now if your talking stock its alot easer to answer your question, but for ever type of quad out there, there is someone, or more than one person, that will say it is the fastest.

I personaly thing the banshee is the fastest on top end off the market, but I have never ridden either, and cant tell you for sure. But from what I hear, the banshe is faster than a rapter. Which are the two top dogs as far as I know. I just know that at the dunes today I saw tons and tons of raptors out there, and not sure if I saw a banshee, so who knows.

banshee350
11-30-2002, 03:18 AM
thankyou ill see you later.let's keep talking to each other know and then.

yamaha 250
11-30-2002, 12:48 PM
no no no the banshee is only good for racing in the dunes :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

350Xrider
11-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Banshees are a purpose built bike for sand and wide open areas. That is it the end of it and there is still other bikes that'll run with it and you can do other things with them to.

yamaha 250
12-02-2002, 12:31 AM
and shawn i hate to tell u but every body taked to said that u will flip several times trailprotrailpro to small for the quad :!:

Big Darn Mike C
12-02-2002, 09:22 PM
I always have to step in and say this but nobody ever listens. Yes, the Banshee really shines in sand, but, it's not a bad all around quad. I have been riding mine a lot lately around my home in farm country in the hills on trails and whatnot and I have really gotten to know it. I can make it slide and handle good, the suspension aint bad and people will argue, jumps pretty good. I can air that thing out as well as anyone on a 400EX around these parts. It does lack the bottom end for tight trails, but i don't ride on extremely tight trails. I believe it is the best for dunes, and although it's not the best for other things is still very capable. So no, it's not a dune only machine. I'm not blowing smoke, I do have an 02 banshee, stock and I ride it every chance I get and to this very day I scare myself at least once every time I get on it. Great motor.

patsraptor
12-03-2002, 01:53 AM
stock for stock a raptor is faster but both bike piped and jetted correctly the banshee is one bike lenthes faster. My friend and I tried this when are bikes were stock and then when we piped them, We weigh about the same and we did it on the road both times

WarriorRacer
12-04-2002, 12:42 AM
I've never ridden a Banshee. But I hear that the DS650 is fast? Would it have a chance?

ATC crazy
12-04-2002, 06:31 PM
The Cannondale's are the fastest STOCK production quads built today. Banshee-69 Raptor/DS650-71 Old Cannondale FX400-74 The newer Cannondale Moto or Speed will most likely go faster than this also.

350Xrider
12-04-2002, 09:26 PM
I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that the new Kawasaki 700 is going to be the fastest quad made.

OldSchoolin86
12-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Tha Cannondales that are full race mapped out might be the fastest but not the basic ones. I bet the new gas gas will be the fastest.

ATC crazy
12-11-2002, 08:42 PM
The Cannondale FX400 came BEFORE the full race mapped out versions and it was STILL the fastest of all the high performance machines. If you ask me, the kawasucky 700 will not be too much faster than the susucky z400.

TravEX
01-31-2003, 09:16 PM
i know this is an old thread, but i have to add this,,,

these, I'm sure, are approximate

Tecate performance
02-01-2003, 01:59 AM
back in '88 (june 1988 issue), 3&4 wheel action took the LT500 quadracer, banshee, tecate-4, 250r, LT250 quadracer, and mojave to a dragstrip to test the top speeds. The machines were all stock and brand new. The LT500 turned a 15.09 second et in the quarter at 79mph. The banshee went 77 mph. Next was the tecate 4 at 74 mph, then the 250r at 72. The LT250 went 71 and the mojave went 57.

djcheez
02-01-2003, 02:15 AM
this is an old thread but someone replied recently and i will add my .02. first, the kawi 700 will not come close to being the fastest cause it is a big heavy slug. second, the cannondale is fast but, they are going out of business. BANKRUPT!!! dont wanna buy one of those. and 3rd, top speed doesnt mean jack. it is all about gearing. change the ratios and you can have all of those bikes listed going about the same top speed.

ATC crazy
02-01-2003, 01:36 PM
I dont know how anyone (even me) could rely on charts and radar gun tests alone. One place says 77 the other says 71 and another says 82. It just dosent make sense. And on that chart, the 250r says 68, when I have been on one doing 76 in stock form. It just says that every quad is different. I garuntee that if you line up 5 Banshees from the same year and put them on a dyno they will all say something different. My $0.03

mike from long island
02-01-2003, 08:22 PM
+as of today right now you can not buy a faster stock quad then a banshee. dirt wheels atv action all agree. there are some simple changes that yamaha could do to the banshee but dont, to improve the bike. the lt500 was damn faster but not in production anymore so any bike ot made is not compatable. dont get me wrong the other bikes are fast,but when it comes to power the banshee is great. other then the 250r no other bike has more aftermarket parts available. but i am pretty sure the banshee and blaster are going to be discontinued soon so then it will be the battle for the 4 stokers!!!!

ATC crazy
02-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Cannondales are faster than a Banshee, screw the mags.

Big Darn Mike C
02-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Well I don't think the Banshee is the fastest in top speed, but it will definately get to it's top speed quicker than any thing else. My friend just bought a 2003 LE Raptor the other day and we went riding and our top speed was right on, but rarely was he ever in front of me just because when a banshee gets to screamin, not even a raptor or a Cannondale can acclerate as quickly. He and I switched bikes for a while and let me tell you, I can't stand those things. They sit way to high, they are tippy, and worst of all, they are turds. They need help in the hp dept. So i say, if it's a long, really long drag race, those other bikes may be faster, but if it's like shooting up a dune or going in short bursts, nothing even comes close to matching the shredding fury of a Banshee.

theeechozen1
02-07-2003, 08:58 PM
stock for stock the banshee is the fastest quad out, but thats strait line dragging, a raptor and cannondale will beat it off the line but only because the shee is spinning tire through the first 3 gears,
ive rode em all---400's, ds, cannondale
banshee has the most speed

ATC crazy
02-08-2003, 12:07 AM
banshee has the most speed

The Banshee has the fastest acceleration but not the highest top speed. Radar guns have proven that numerous times. It may seem the fastest but ITS NOT.

dgrallying
02-08-2003, 05:50 PM
TRAVEX

Ican't see the TRI_Z Quad in that list :)

TravEX
02-09-2003, 01:29 PM
hehe,,,it's not on there,,,that was a chart that i got off of EXRiders.com a few monthes ago,,,again, they are only approximate top speeds on stock quads, and top speed is just a way that some people measure a quads ability and does not mean that one is better than the other, it's like giving wheelbase, peg height, horsepower, and other info that is useless, rider is everything,,,later

JourneyMan
02-11-2003, 08:55 PM
Did you forget about the Suzuki Quadzilla 500?

TravEX
02-12-2003, 12:54 PM
it is not my chart, i found it on the web.

Big Darn Mike C
02-12-2003, 05:15 PM
LT 500's are big and bad and all, but they aren't gods. You'd be surprised to see that stock for stock they aint got much on a Banshee. And there are a whole lot more worked shee's out there than 500R's. The only reason i say this is because just this past weekend we were shooting hills at the dunes and there was a 500R with a pipe there and I was battling him on my shee. he beat me almost every time but not by as much as you'd think, like the worst i got beat was my front bumper was even with his rear and that was only once. And my friend that has a Banshee with some porting, CPI's and reeds killed the 500. I wish we saw more nice 500's around here but anymore it seems like they are all subject to streetbike motors. Which is cool and those things rock.

rumpypumpy
02-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Thats weird my bone stock banshee out runs my freinds piped raptor from 1mph to infinity, and that was on pavement

Bill X_R
02-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Hello