PDA

View Full Version : honda 200s help

jmcenroe@hotmai
11-21-2013, 07:31 PM
can anyone help why does my bulbs in my 200s keep blowing front and back.... any ideas pls HELP.....:cry:

Ghostv2
11-21-2013, 11:11 PM
No expert with wiring but it sounds like it could apply, maybe its your voltage regulator.

tri again
11-22-2013, 01:20 AM
can anyone help why does my bulbs in my 200s keep blowing front and back.... any ideas pls HELP.....:cry:

Hi and welcome.

Try the search key for 'blowing bulbs' or similar.

I'm sure the answer is here somewhere.

kb0nly
11-22-2013, 01:23 PM
The 200S doesn't have a voltage regulator, its AC unregulated right to the bulbs. The problem generally is one bulb blows which increases the voltage to the remaining bulb and that blows as well. The two bulbs in unison provide enough resistance to the circuit to regulate the voltage. If you have the wrong wattage of tail or headlight bulb they will fail pretty quickly, don't go LED for the taillight either, i have seen a few guys try that. The problem is the LED doesn't provide enough resistance to regulate the voltage either.

You can get an aftermarket AC voltage regulator, its pretty easy to wire up to the lighting circuit, it acts as a shunt to ground like the light bulbs do to regulate the voltage.

jmcenroe@hotmai
11-22-2013, 04:50 PM
cheers pal what watt bulbs would u put in front and back....

kb0nly
11-23-2013, 02:11 PM
The stock bulbs are a 45w headlight and a 5w tail light. Stay with the stock rating. Then if you add the regulator you would be set and not have another blown bulb for ages.

Here is the regulator that i have used on four of those 200's now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trail-Tech-Universal-Voltage-AC-Regulator-7003AC01-/171033975210?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d26b59aa&vxp=mtr

Thats actually from Dennis Kirk, you can buy it from their website as well.

https://www.denniskirk.com/trail-tech/universal-voltage-ac-regulator.p215388.prd/215388.sku

Install is super easy, yellow wire on the regulator to the yellow wire of the lighting circuit, brown on the regulator to the green of the lighting circuit. Its set for 13.8v max, the voltage goes up and down with the RPM on a AC lighting system since you dont have a battery. I mounted these up under the back fenders to the frame and tied into the tail light wires, just made a convenient place to install them.