PDA

View Full Version : YTM 200 front brakes questions

Bucksmith02
11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
How do I replace the front brakes on my Tri Moto? I have removed the castle nut but nothing will budge. I pounded the axle with a rubber mallet and got it to move about an inch. It's definitely not like the ol Big Reds that the axle just swings away.

Jwmajic
11-25-2013, 03:09 PM
I had that problem too. those things got steel lower front shocks instead of aluminum like the 225's. tip the bike over on it's side place a block under the bottom shock and spray JB80 oil on it from the side you took the castle nut off of and let it soak in and then put the castle nut back on to protect the threads and pound it out (make sure you got block under it so you don't bend anything.). You might have to heat it up a little to get it loose.

Bucksmith02
11-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Ahhh ok....I was afraid to keep going. I was using PB Blaster but I just wasn't too sure so I figured I better ask first. THANKS!

emmie357
11-27-2013, 08:00 AM
I had one that slid right off and another that was stuck good and need some persuasion with a hammer.
When you finally get it off, grease it up before reinstalling.

eBoyDog
12-03-2013, 01:24 AM
I just replaced mine on my YTM200EK and used a floor jack to just raise the front enough to take the weight off the front and after removing the castle nut, the shaft bolt came out rather easily, might need a little hammer persuasion but also check the bearings as you may have a seized bearing raise that has rusted onto the shaft bolt. Be careful or you might be looking at replacing the bearings....