PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Liquid-Darkness
11-25-2013, 08:28 PM
So what are you guys doing for thanksgiving? Its only a few days away. I am gunna go with my dad over to my sisters and she is gunna make thanksgiving dinner. Ham & turkey the works. I can't wait, I always look forward to this time of year. Pumpkin pie!!! lol.. What about you guys?

Dirtcrasher
11-25-2013, 09:00 PM
I can't GET the pumpkin pie taste : ( ( But my grandmother, passed: (MOM ) Made creamed onions. I was grossed out looking at them for 35 years. Then I tried them and MAN O MAN are they super good!! Kinda like some people want stove top stuffing, it's the breadcrumbs inside the turkey that make the best stuffing ever!!

We need some nice rolls this year and a couple of banana cream and chocolate pies :D

The one day I need no beer, just digestion!! :lol:

badass350x
11-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Have to ask what are creamed onions DC? I love onions I petty much can eat them like apples LOL....

El Camexican
11-25-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm gonna watch the CNN airport updates and give thanks that I'm not traveling this week.

tri again
11-25-2013, 11:02 PM
I went to volunteer at the community dinner and they just handed me a plate last year.

Guess I should start dressing better when I leave the farm.

captainweezy
11-26-2013, 12:54 AM
DC you nailed my favorite Desert ever, Chocolate pie.:eek: PIE HOLE

Dirtcrasher
11-26-2013, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=Dirtcrasher;1267417]I can't GET the pumpkin pie taste : ( ( But my grandmother, passed: (MOM ) Made creamed onions. I was grossed out looking at them for 35 years. Then I tried them and MAN O MAN are they super good!! Kinda like some people want stove top stuffing, it's the breadcrumbs inside the turkey that make the best stuffing ever!!

We need some nice rolls this year and a couple of banana cream and chocolate pies :D

The one day I need no beer, just digestion!! :lol:

Dirtcrasher
11-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Have to ask what are creamed onions DC? I love onions I petty much can eat them like apples LOL....

Where did TANKS or Roy go??

I will ask Mom. They come out with very thick cream sauce that stays on and the layers peel away. I missed like 25-30 years of them; What an idiot!! I was, the bowl would be dry but I couldn't "get it!!!!!!" Must be thick cream/with butter or marj and a hair of milk. Medium sized onions work best!! Mom knows best!!

I'll get the recipe for you guys, funny thing is the onions taste aren't over-powering. They are spectacular. Now I even take them home and nuke em.

Remind me tomorrow if I forget........ I may be off to look at a TIG welder.

El Camexican
11-26-2013, 10:01 AM
I love onions I petty much can eat them like apples LOL....

Cool! Onions are my all-time #1 favorite bar none. I can eat them cooked, or fried, but fresh chopped white or Spanish onions on buttered bread and sprinkled with salt and pepper chased with a glass of cold milk is what I call eatin good! Besides my immediate family and my daughter I don’t meet a lot of people that like raw onion.

Liquid-Darkness
11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Yeah onions are good. Black Friday is the day after. I guess they call it. Gunna have some friends over for a cold beer on friday:beer.

El Camexican
11-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Yeah onions are good. Black Friday is the day after. I guess they call it. Gunna have some friends over for a cold beer on friday:beer.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM-lEhhsLQw

atc300r
11-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Im going to my wifes sisters house . My wife is on a special diet because she got ecoli food poison couple summers ago.She has to make her own stuffing and pies to take with us. Im making a cheese cake.

MRSOUND
11-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Doing dinner at our house. In-laws coming up from Virginia, oldest daughter home from college, and the other 2 daughters (still local) coming as well. I make an apple "stuffing" to throw in the bird as well as make some filling balls with it. It's the only thing that competes with the wife's candied sweet potatoes as everyone's favorite. Friday will be spent packing for a week long trip to the mountains in search of antlers.

JasonB
11-26-2013, 01:26 PM
will be with the GF in Dallas this year. Mexican thanksgiving lol they go all out and cook all kinds of tasty american and mexican food. FREAKING TASTY

El Camexican
11-26-2013, 01:54 PM
will be with the GF in Dallas this year. Mexican thanksgiving lol they go all out and cook all kinds of tasty american and mexican food. FREAKING TASTY

Mexican Thanksgiving? I need to update my calendar and add that one to my ever growing list of reasons to drink.

You need to marrry that girl, move to TX, buy a big ranch just West of San Antonio and invite me to come ride with you on Mexican holidays. I'm getting tired of waiting for Ride-Red 250R to do it.

keister
11-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Grabbing a 20 pound bird and driving 100 miles through a foot of snow to Tionesta Trikes. Mostly after dinner we go out in ATCTim's yard and do synchronized wheelies on trikes with The Snake and Cousin Jon Bob. If history is any indication the night will end with spinning donuts in the garage on 70's and-or cutting the front end off a TRX.

JasonB
11-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Mexican Thanksgiving? I need to update my calendar and add that one to my ever growing list of reasons to drink.

You need to marrry that girl, move to TX, buy a big ranch just West of San Antonio and invite me to come ride with you on Mexican holidays. I'm getting tired of waiting for Ride-Red 250R to do it.

lmao she is mexican and from Dallas, she has a large family (go figure) and they cook so much food! Have to wait for XMAS for them to make up the Tamales though :*(

keister
11-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Geez! Almost forgot STEELERS @ ravens - 8:30! That will be one nasty dog fight! Flacco can suck a turkey neck.

MRSOUND
11-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Grabbing a 20 pound bird and driving 100 miles through a foot of snow to Tionesta Trikes. Mostly after dinner we go out in ATCTim's yard and do synchronized wheelies on trikes with The Snake and Cousin Jon Bob. If history is any indication the night will end with spinning donuts in the garage on 70's and-or cutting the front end off a TRX.
I need to move further west in PA! Sounds Like too much fun!

just ben
11-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Grabbing a 20 pound bird and driving 100 miles through a foot of snow to Tionesta Trikes. Mostly after dinner we go out in ATCTim's yard and do synchronized wheelies on trikes with The Snake and Cousin Jon Bob. If history is any indication the night will end with spinning donuts in the garage on 70's and-or cutting the front end off a TRX.Isn't that how every gathering there ends?

tri again
11-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Doing dinner at our house. In-laws coming up from Virginia, oldest daughter home from college, and the other 2 daughters (still local) coming as well. I make an apple "stuffing" to throw in the bird as well as make some filling balls with it. It's the only thing that competes with the wife's candied sweet potatoes as everyone's favorite. Friday will be spent packing for a week long trip to the mountains in search of antlers.

What a great idea.
I've stuffed loosely with apples or oranges just to keep the moisture up
but apple stuffing sounds like a great idea.

MRSOUND
11-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Easy to do. However you mix your stuffing, before that final "mix" ad a finely diced apple. Helps add moisture as well as adding to the taste.

Liquid-Darkness
11-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah tomarrow I am gunna eat, eat well then eat again lol. Then later I will have a cold beer and get cozy for the evening. Its kinda cold here in the valley lately.

tanks350x
11-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Where did TANKS or Roy go??

I will ask Mom. They come out with very thick cream sauce that stays on and the layers peel away. I missed like 25-30 years of them; What an idiot!! I was, the bowl would be dry but I couldn't "get it!!!!!!" Must be thick cream/with butter or marj and a hair of milk. Medium sized onions work best!! Mom knows best!!

I'll get the recipe for you guys, funny thing is the onions taste aren't over-powering. They are spectacular. Now I even take them home and nuke em.

Remind me tomorrow if I forget........ I may be off to look at a TIG welder.I ended up going over Nicole's parents for dinner, then to my brother Jeff's house for desert.. awesome day all around!!

Liquid-Darkness
12-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanksgiving was great, got so stuffed. Now on with christmas...:beer