PDA

View Full Version : 200es big red wiring configuration behind headlight

Thom
11-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Hi all, newbe here . I removed my headlight bucket to replace it and the ignition switch . All the wires and connectors were unplugged . the trouble began with trying to put it all back together inside the new bucket. I did not make a diagram of how it went together originally. (bad) .I tried going by the wiring diagram ,but too complicated and cant figure it out. I tried connecting like colors together (wrong) . Is there a diagram with the color codes for what goes to what to put it all back the way it should be . Also I am not a certified mechanic that can read a wiring diagram. Thank You for any help with this . :beer

kb0nly
11-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Its pretty easy up in the 200ES headlight, you can get the manual from my website, but all thats going to have is the wiring diagram.

Matching like colors is all you have to do, i have torn these apart and put them back together and just plugged it all in following colors alone. But let me give the rundown on it...

From the ignition switch you have four wires, Yellow/Red, Red, Green, Black. The Yellow/Red has a female connector and plugs into the single Yellow/Red male. The Red plugs into the single female Red, the Green plugs into the large Green female that takes four connectors, the Black plugs into one of the single black females.

The DC outlet has a Pink and Green, the Pink wire goes to the only Pink female in there, the Green goes to that four way one the ignition switch did, thats your ground for everything.

The Neutral/Reverse lights from the dash has a Light Green/Red, Yellow/Red, and Gray. The Light Green/Red goes to one of the two females, the Yellow/Red goes to the two way Yellow/Red female, and the Gray goes to the single Gray female.

The Headlight has a Blue, Green, White.. The Blue and White go to the Blue and White from the headlight switch, the only Blue and White wires in there. The Green goes to the four way Green connector again. The headlight switch also has a Yellow and a Brown along with the Blue and White coming from it. The Yellow goes to the Yellow/Red two way connector that the dash lights also went to and the Brown goes to the only Brown female, that feeds the taillight.

There should also be a Black and Green from the handlebar kill switch, the Black goes into a single black female, but on some i have seen they used a two way black female that the ignition switch and kill switch both plug into. The Green goes to the four way connector again.

The start button switch on the handlebar control has a Light Green/Red and Green/Red wires. The Light Green/Red goes to the female of the same color, there should only be two matching females and one goes to the dash lights and one to this button switch, again some i have seen have two single females and some have a two way female connector. The Green/Red goes to its matching female connector and its the only one in there of that color.

Some of them had slight production changes where if they had two of the same color they used a two way connector, and some i have seen two single connectors and two wires, etc. But if you just match them up there should be no problems.