PDA

View Full Version : 250r front tire

bigmac
12-01-2013, 12:55 PM
What size tires are y'all running on yalls 250r? Looking for a front and back tire combination that would give it a pretty good flat profile so I can rip turns but still be able to hit the sand bar. I see alot of pics with the front tire slightly bigger than the rear I am kind of wanting that look.. It's for a 82 250r
Thanks

bigmac
12-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Anyone?????

hitmeup760
12-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Look up the stock tire size for your trike and go from there, what kind of terrain do you mostly ride on and what kind of riding do you do, do you jump a lot or do you mostly ride flat track? All of these things play a factor in the type of tire you choose.

bigmac
12-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Mainly flat surfaces but some hillclimbs and gravel, sand, asphalt.

barnett468
12-04-2013, 08:53 AM
you will need to decide but in general on the street or flat track you do not want big knobs. a smoother tire works best.

narrow tires like the orig turn better in soft terrain than wider ones because they dig in better. they sink farther into the terrain.

a lower profile tire will cause your ride to be a bit harsher as will higher air pressures.

if you just don't want a tall skinny tire like the orig i would suggest a tire that is around 1 3/4" smaller in diameter and 1 1/4" wider, and in the tread pattern that you think will suit you best.

a smaller diameter tire will change the steering angle making it turn a little more quickly but the steering will be slightly less stable at all speeds bit mainly only noticeable at higher speeds like around 45 mph especially over rough terrain.

there are also different plies to tires. the fewer the plies the softer the ride etc..

check out tires at rocky mountain atv online.