PDA

View Full Version : ATC 250R'S Value

pm83-250r
12-01-2013, 05:53 PM
I have been going to power sports auctions for 13 years on the east coast.. and once and a while you would see a 250r or 350x come through running and they would do 300-700 tops this week i seen a mint 86 350x go for 575 and their where 2 82 250r's and 1 84 and a 86 ..i could not believe it the 82's sold for 450 each not running the 84 looked really good but the motor was all apart went for 700 ..and the 86 was all their but motor was locked up went for 1,200 prices are going up on these seems to me people are willing to pay more for the 2 stroke than the 4 stroke trikes..i might have to stat expanding my collection..lol

taiterator
12-01-2013, 07:44 PM
It's hard to gauge values based on auction sales. What they end up going for on one day is going to be different than what they go for the next. As I'm sure you know, auction values are more based on mood, desire, and how many people are there bidding on an item. Rarely does an item bring what it is actually worth. Sometimes they go for a whole lot more, and sometimes they go for a whole lot less than they are actually worth.

dougspcs
12-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Man, I'd love to sit in at one of those auctions!!!

pm83-250r
12-01-2013, 10:28 PM
auction value is the base of what they will sell for ..we buy any where from 20 to 300 units a month those 250r's went for the base of auction value i was so shocked to see trikes at auction and what they went for.. that i went on to the buyers market booklet and looked at all sold in the past 6 months nation wide and that's what they where going for..just like the trx250r's they are way up also..and i went further and contacted the gentlemen in Maryland who bought both the 84 and 86 and he had sold them with in days of getting back on craigslist and i know they work on a minimum of 30 percent profit..prices have gone up..people are willing to pay good money for these and the trx250rs also..about a year ago i was buying them for 500 and less running and now the have about doubled ..all i can say is value is up on these

czac
12-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Im in the Northeast and yes, they are going for big bucks... When I decided to get one I started looking at Craigs List and couldn't believe there were ones that needed a good amount of work and still over the $1000.00 mark. Although to be fair, it seems anything motorcycle related is pricey today. Remember back before the internet you could find a good used anything for dirt cheap because someone just wanted it gone? I hate the internet for that reason, people check to see what others are selling for and price theirs up there too. Or worse, they dismantle every thing down to the nuts and bolts and try to sell each part for extreme amounts of money. lol

Headbanger02
12-02-2013, 04:01 PM
I need to start watching the auction circuit...dang