PDA

View Full Version : newbie but a oldbie....lol.

motorman3000
12-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Been here for a while but I haven't posted yet. I have just been reading others post and looking at PICTURES!!!! I have gotten back into the trikes, and picked up a Honda 200S, and got it for a good price....lol. I traded a OLD laptop, which I traded a old salamander which I paid $10 for....:w00t:It would not run when I got it, heck it wouldn't even turn completely over. I figured out though hit and miss that it had a stuck open exhaust valve. I went through and did a basic gasket replacement, bought a carb and throttle cable from ebay for $33 or so, had to buy a recoil $25 from a friend, also bought big red rear plastics, and racks from the same friend (existing ones were SHOT!!). Traded a box of .45 auto rounds for 4 tires (2 were bald). I traded a old lawn tractor for a Polaris cyclone 250x, got it going and sold it for $300, then I went and bought 2 NEW tires for it... :) She runs and looks GREAT!! I only wish it had reverse. Sorry for the long story but I felt I had to give the back round. SOOOO anywho,,, now here is my question. I am putting lights on it and I don't like how they fluctuate when the trike is running, dim when at idle, brighter when the rpm's are brought up. Is there a way to install a small 12v battery so it will charge and draw from the battery rather then drawing from the trike? Any help would be AWESOME!! thanks ahead of time.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Well, I'll be the first to say welcome aboard fellow NYer! :beer

As to the battery question... I'm not sure how easy that would be to pull off. If it's possible at all, I would be looking at the stator, regulator and probably some of the wiring from a 200cc Big Red model, or maybe a 200m. (both were elec start model and therefore support a battery in the system).

This is just an informed guess on my part, there will likely be others who could say with certainty if it can be done.

motorman3000
12-04-2013, 12:19 AM
I guess it's not really that big of a deal, I just think it would be so much better. No pulsing head light!! I'm currently looking for a big red project machine. Reverse is great when you have it, not having it kinda stinks.

JasonB
12-04-2013, 10:27 AM
long story lol welcome to the boards! one year old new member haha

RIDE-RED 250r
12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
I guess it's not really that big of a deal, I just think it would be so much better. No pulsing head light!! I'm currently looking for a big red project machine. Reverse is great when you have it, not having it kinda stinks.

Are you the guy who has the post on the FB NY atv buy/sell/trade page looking for a Big Red project?

I am one of the Admins of that group, and your quest sounds familiar.. ;)

motorman3000
12-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes as we have figured out, its me....lol. its a small world.