PDA

View Full Version : Mikuni carb problem on my 125 tri moto

Ethan1
12-03-2013, 07:58 PM
first off , i have a carb off an 84 KX 80. The problem is i was riding around and the fuel spigot pulled right out of the carb and luckily it was clamped to the fuel line . Dose any one know how to get the spigot to stay in there , i shoved it in and rode home but im sure it will do it again.

hitmeup760
12-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Try jb weld, if that doesnt work then get ready for some work, you will have to take the carb out and completely dis-assemble it, then get it tig welded to the carb, now when you get it tig welded you wont have to worry about heat because everything will be out of the carburetor.

czac
12-04-2013, 10:23 AM
I think they use some type of glue on them ... I pulled the old one right out of my old card and it was either press fit or lightly glued.Id try the JD weld or some other sort of epoxy that's gas proof. strange that it pulled out, there's not any sort of pressure on it unless something was pulling at the hose...lol maybe you can just get a gas line that's a bit longer so its got some slack.

Ethan1
12-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I'll try the jb weld , it did it after going across a lot of rough ground at speed. I was trying to keep up with a polaris 400 scrambler luck for me , some one put Honda forks on it , witch help.