PDA

View Full Version : Text Message Download help.

Dirtcrasher
12-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Verizon - Hi speed internet utilizing my router 12"s from me.

I occasionally receive a text that says "Message size: 3KB. Expires (roughly 5 days from when sent)" It never downloads to my Galaxy Note2 phone. I click on the download, it begins. If it starts to fade (ready to go black) I sit here and tap on the screen every 7 seconds to keep it downloading as it says it is doing.

Regardless, I can never fully download it and IDK what it is. I have had to download pictures and such with zero issues.

How do I repair/fix/deal with this?? all I get is "I sent you a message, did you get it??"

Help is truly appreciated!!

Blown 331
12-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Have you tried pulling they battery out of the phone, reboot and try to download again? My Androids, Ice Cream Sandwich and back were always kind of glichy. Have Jelly Bean now and its as smooth as the wifes iPhone 5.

Dirtcrasher
12-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Whats ice cream sandwich and jelly bean??

Apps in the google play store?? What are the listed under??

I found crap looking it up but could you summarize please??

Thank You!!

Blown 331
12-06-2013, 07:30 PM
They are operating Systems kind of like Windows XP, 7, 8, etc. Android goes in alphabetical order named after a sweet. It really has nothing to do with it other than the fact that the newer ones seem to operate a little more smoothly than the one before, less problems. Just try taking the battery out, it helps reset everything and then try it again. You could also see if there is an update available for your phone to get a newer operating system. I upgraded my last phone from gingerbread to IceCream Sandwich and it was a lot nicer, less problems. Now I have a LG G2 with jelly bean and it is awesome.