PDA

View Full Version : Can am renegade 800

Pitbilly
12-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Hi guys am thinking on buying a 800 renegade in the spring...looking for opinions from anyone that has any experience with this bike...is it worth getting the X with fox shocks? Any insight on what years to avoid?

Thanks max

TatTooL23
12-09-2013, 01:14 AM
The better shocks r a huge upgrade on those. It helps a ton with body roll and overall they r a very heavy "sport" fast machine so the upgraded suspension I think is the best upgrade u can possibly do. Def go for that version.

coolpool
12-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Overall a great machine. Not sure if the newer ones are improved, but I just put the second rear drive shaft in my neighbours 2010. Just too much jam for the off set driveshaft; and they're giving them away at $475.00, eek! The dealer keeps a well stocked shelf of driveshafts and axle shafts. The Can Am's seem to be overpowered for their components in some cases.

jays375
12-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Definately go with the better shocks.If not you will regret it.The drive shaft issue power and big tires has it effects.One thing I had the yoke bolt loosed up on transmission side.Over time it wore the yoke but it never broke.Think once you get any slop in the system it creates a problem.

atc007
12-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Personally I would HIGHLY suggest putting in seat time on a Outty. I HATE gades with a passion. They are just so different from a Outty. If you want the ba look,throw a decal kit on the Outty and be happy. If you like the gades better. Def go for the gusto and get power steering! Whatever package you get will most likely have the Fox shocks on it.

86 350x
03-15-2014, 09:10 PM
2007 was the last year can am was made in Canada, there made in Mexico now, my
Personal experience with can am they have lots of power but too many problems, I sold mine will not buy another,
Not trying to turn you off can am just that's my experience

captainweezy
03-15-2014, 09:56 PM
I have a 2012 can am gade 500. It has plenty of power for me. I am getting a bit older now and dont need the power of an 800. When it gets ridden its trailer'd to Turkey bay in Kentucky for a hard 2 day ride. In my opinion, as hard as I ride it with stock tires, it does really fantastic. Most of the hills there are technical. You have to be on your game with plenty of power and good suspension. The stock suspension suits me fine and does not bottom out however I am sure like tatool23 said will help with body roll to upgrade.

Thorpe
03-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Personally I would HIGHLY suggest putting in seat time on a Outty. I HATE gades with a passion. They are just so different from a Outty. If you want the ba look,throw a decal kit on the Outty and be happy. If you like the gades better. Def go for the gusto and get power steering! Whatever package you get will most likely have the Fox shocks on it.

Gotta agree here! Love my Outie!