PDA

View Full Version : honda atc 110 1985 electrical help please

Brankin
12-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Hello . My trike runs fine but when i turn the lights on the engine dies and no lights but when the engines running and i put it to off the light comes on for about 3 second til engine goes off .its really irritating to me so if anyone can help that would be great .cheers

3isthewaytoB
12-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Not 100% sure but if it were mine I would be checking and cleaning all the grounds I could find on it and see how it does.from there. At least you know thats not the issue at that point if nothing changes. Hopefully someone who is a veteran at electrical will reply for you.

Brankin
12-08-2013, 07:00 PM
All the collection are fine .cheers anyway . Its not a big deal just irritating and id like to have the light .just in case as i live quite rural .cheers

Howdy
12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a couple wires have been connected wrong. Does the kill switch on the handle bars work correctly?

Start with double checking all the connections behind the light and make sure they are connected right. To help here is a wiring diagram.

Howdy

Brankin
12-08-2013, 10:34 PM
The kill switch works fine .when i do turn it to off the lights come on but not when Its in the on position but when the engine s running and i turn the lights on it kills the engine and wont start til i put it back to off .iil have a look at the wires tomorow but i think there ok , Its quite a head scratcher , thank you for the diagram .

muthey
12-08-2013, 11:32 PM
sounds to me like either some one has cut and spliced wires coming from the stator, or the charging and lighting coils might be damaged to where they are shorting out with the lights on