PDA

View Full Version : Low Pro 250r Fenders Local Pick Up Only

Mr. Clean
12-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Looks like they are in nice shape. Local pick up in PA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ATC-250r-OLD-SKOOL-RACE-Maier-fender-and-MINT-seat-L-K-/201002879254?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276#shpCntId

poohbee1
12-12-2013, 12:11 AM
those are pretty nice . It seems like alot of good race parts come out of PA

bkm
12-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Get em off the damn rocks!

xrider
12-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Those bad boys have your name all over them. I know you have been looking for a while.

Get em off the damn rocks!

bkm
12-12-2013, 09:50 AM
They'll probably go for a stupid price because of the seat, which I have zero use for. I don't know what it is, but the last couple of sets on here have had seats attached to them. I'll watch them as they enter the stratosphere, but it would be great to find a set with a buy it now price so I didn't have to dick with the stupid auction.

Jason125m
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Those won't be going cheap. Nice 86 seat, and lowpros. Goodluck BKM they will look great on your R.

Hurts my eyes seeing them on that gravel driveway. I guess some people don't care as much as others...

denn
12-12-2013, 03:15 PM
WOW! Didn't realize those fenders would cause such a stir. Those are my fenders up on ebay. Clearing out my 250r stuff. They are a nice set. Didn't feel like separating the seat and fender thats why its a set. Also just to clear the air here with the gravel thing. Im not some back woods bumpkin that doesn't care about his stuff, i didn't drag them from the garage to the driveway. I simply PLACED them on the gravel till I thought of the frame idea. Thanks

Ghostv2
12-12-2013, 03:49 PM
WOW! Didn't realize those fenders would cause such a stir. Those are my fenders up on ebay. Clearing out my 250r stuff. They are a nice set. Didn't feel like separating the seat and fender thats why its a set. Also just to clear the air here with the gravel thing. Im not some back woods bumpkin that doesn't care about his stuff, i didn't drag them from the garage to the driveway. I simply PLACED them on the gravel till I thought of the frame idea. Thanks
I was just about to say the same thing. Placing them on gravel will not hurt them. I mean, they are suppose to be raced with. If you want showroom fenders to just look at then have some made up. Mrs.Mosh does some good seats too.

bkm
12-12-2013, 05:15 PM
I was just about to say the same thing. Placing them on gravel will not hurt them. I mean, they are suppose to be raced with. If you want showroom fenders to just look at then have some made up. Mrs.Mosh does some good seats too.Since you seem to be in the "know". You let me know where I can get a set "made up", and I won't worry about some old fenders that are supposed to be raced with.

Ghostv2
12-12-2013, 08:02 PM
I have seen lots of people get together and get some fenders reproduced since I have been here. Of course it wouldn't be injection molded. I don't know if they ever were since maier produced them. Call them up, they might have a mold still. If I'm not mistaken someone not too long ago said they were gonna get some low pros repopped if enough people were interested. I'm not claiming to know someone down the street who can do it. I'm just saying it's possible and that setting it down on some gravel won't hurt it. Like he said, he didn't drag it out of the garage through the gravel to take a pic, he's a trike guy like one of us who appreciates this stuff.

But with the right amount of money i am sure you could get some made up.

bkm
12-12-2013, 08:17 PM
I have seen lots of people get together and get some fenders reproduced since I have been here. Of course it wouldn't be injection molded. I don't know if they ever were since maier produced them. Call them up, they might have a mold still. If I'm not mistaken someone not too long ago said they were gonna get some low pros repopped if enough people were interested. I'm not claiming to know someone down the street who can do it. I'm just saying it's possible and that setting it down on some gravel won't hurt it. Like he said, he didn't drag it out of the garage through the gravel to take a pic, he's a trike guy like one of us who appreciates this stuff.

But with the right amount of money i am sure you could get some made up.If it was only that easy we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

BWard
12-13-2013, 09:25 PM
AMEN, I have called Maier, like others have. Love to have another set, Don't need seat either, Wish you would have split seat from fender. Have some red ones already, Really would like some whites, Good luck with auction. I'll be watching

bkm
12-14-2013, 02:01 AM
Great guy selling these. I hope he makes out like a bandit.

BWard
12-14-2013, 02:33 PM
I have a couple sets I would be Glad to loan out to get a mold made.

bkm
12-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Actually Maier will do the fenders. We need a mold copy, a few grand$, and 25 sets, few more grand. That easy. Money talks the rare stuff hits Ebay. Good luck with sale. Wish I would kept the ones I have. I could probably get BKM to buy me a new truck for a cal fab and low Pro's.In a time not long ago, you are probably right. My problem is I'm very wishy washy when it comes to certain parts. I get a direction I want to go with my bike and at that point in time I will pay top dollar to acquire the parts to make it happen. As time wears on and the fire starts to burn out I lose interest. Right now I have a maximum price I am willing to pay for a set of these fenders and one of two things will happen. I'll find a set in my price range or I'll never own a set again.

The real funny part of all this is that I sold a set of these to poobee a few years back because my bike was going to be an oem'ish garage queen. lol

bkm
12-16-2013, 08:36 PM
I tried, but I think that cherry seat killed my chances. Oh well, the hunt continues. I just hope they go to a good home and congrats to Denn on the great sale.

BWard
12-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Yes Congrats Denn. BKM, I do have a few sets, we maybe able to do some trading, PM me your phone number and we'll talk. Not gonna lie, wont be easy, LOL.

denn
12-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks Guys, the price these fenders sold for shocked the $#it out of me. I had no idea. I don't want to offend anyone or sound naive, but what the hell is so special about these fenders? I originally listed them to sell the seat and didn't feel like taking them apart. Again, I am a TRI-Z guy so be easy. Is it all the old Maier stuff? I once paid 1000 dollars for a NOS 350X rear fender but thats a NOS. I was sick for like 3 weeks after that :)) Anyway, Thanks again for the support.