PDA

View Full Version : Rear end problem 225dr

Neothern
12-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Sup guys I have a 225 dr one day I was driving and the bike stop moving I could click threw all the gears but it won't move, I'm thinking I stripped the coupling or driveshaft , any other ideas she's grinding we're the rubber boot is, it can't be my pinion gears if I can switch threw them and I hear the diff tone of the motor sound if anyone know let me know ;)

Ghostv2
12-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Why not just take the boot off and give it a quick look? Either way its coming off.

Neothern
12-11-2013, 07:10 PM
What is the rubber boot covering? What part leads to that

dougspcs
12-11-2013, 07:12 PM
This tragedy had to have been making noise before it failed..

Like Ghost says, the answer lies within not online son!!

Get at it and let us know what you find!

Neothern
12-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Taking it apart in 3 days when I get home hopefully it's not the gears or rear pinion gears they cost a lot , hopefully is the driveshaft or coupling cheap as hell

dougspcs
12-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Where are you? "Canada" is pretty vague..damn big place this!

I have your parts if they are rear end related..2 like machines for parts in my shed.

czac
12-12-2013, 11:53 AM
I have your parts if they are rear end related..2 like machines for parts in my shed.

Got any straight front forks?

dougspcs
12-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Got any straight front forks?

I'd have to check but I think so..

Might want to check with some of the US members 1st though..I do live on the border and can run them to Michigan to ship, but it is easier for them and likely cheaper.

My comment was directed more to the thread poster because we are both Canadian!

czac
12-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I'd have to check but I think so..

Might want to check with some of the US members 1st though..I do live on the border and can run them to Michigan to ship, but it is easier for them and likely cheaper.

My comment was directed more to the thread poster because we are both Canadian!

lol...thanks. but that will show you how easy they are to find here...lol even ebay, theres a couple but they look worse than mine and they want anywhere from 70 bucks to 90 bucks for them....lol

dougspcs
12-13-2013, 12:22 AM
lol...thanks. but that will show you how easy they are to find here...lol even ebay, theres a couple but they look worse than mine and they want anywhere from 70 bucks to 90 bucks for them....lol

Then I'll check my machine and get back to you..as long as you don't mind waiting a day or two?

Neothern
12-13-2013, 10:07 AM
how much would u want for the rear end? i might need a certain part i havent tooken her apart yet but it might be a pinion gear or drive shaft so ill let u know and see if u can provide me one. my email is tylerslaney1@hotmail.ca