PDA

View Full Version : YTM 225DX Almost ready to go

czac
12-14-2013, 08:15 PM
We had another few inches of snow today so i took the 225DX out for a spin around the yard, she was running good and it was a blast untill i realized I had no feeling in my fingers....lol Here she is with the plastics put back on.... i put the old school Yamaha YZ tank graphics on it because I hate the stock graphics about as much as i do the blue and white paint scheme they use now. :cool:

http://www.brokenfencephotography.com/photos/i-Gcr69kf/0/X2/i-Gcr69kf-X2.jpg

El Camexican
12-14-2013, 08:20 PM
I hate the stock graphics about as much as i do the blue and white paint scheme they use now]

Looks great, but when you say "they use now" what exactly are you refering to? I thought blue was an option, not a year (and sure not any time in the last 25 years)

Ghostv2
12-15-2013, 12:20 PM
I think it looks pretty cool, putting any other graphics on it?

czac
12-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Looks great, but when you say "they use now" what exactly are you refering to? I thought blue was an option, not a year (and sure not any time in the last 25 years)

all the newer yamaha bikes i see are blue and white... i dont know about their quads, but the YZs are all blue... I cant even find the old yellow Handlebar pad that says yamaha except for the one on ebay that the guys wants $75.00 for... they are all blue.

El Camexican
12-15-2013, 06:42 PM
all the newer yamaha bikes i see are blue and white... i dont know about their quads, but the YZs are all blue... I cant even find the old yellow Handlebar pad that says yamaha except for the one on ebay that the guys wants $75.00 for... they are all blue.

I thought you were refering only to the trikes. Yea, I grew up identifing Yamaha's with yellow. I even painted my RZ500 yellow and black before it was 2 months old. When they came out with the aniversary R6 in yellow a few years balck I was drooling over it.

czac
12-16-2013, 08:52 AM
yeah I had a YZ 250 back in the day.... I wonder if they stopped with the Yellow and black because they were getting mixed up with Suzuki? Going back to the old school graphics would be killer.... As long as they stay away from the Metallics and glitter paint jobs they used on the street bikes and Enduros and mini bikes....lol

MtDew
12-16-2013, 09:04 AM
How do you like your tires? I need tires for my 225DRS and I have not settled on any special brand or style as of yet.

bigdaddyvw185
12-16-2013, 09:33 AM
looks great man! glad to see you are almost all set with it! now go and get that bad boy registered so we can go and ride, pittsfield MA is call our name's

czac
12-16-2013, 09:39 AM
How do you like your tires? I need tires for my 225DRS and I have not settled on any special brand or style as of yet.

they are fine but truthfully, these are all I have so I don't know if they are good or not... lol they seem good, work great in the snow.

czac
12-16-2013, 09:40 AM
looks great man! glad to see you are almost all set with it! now go and get that bad boy registered so we can go and ride, pittsfield MA is call our name's

what do they have up there? is it a track or just open trails? ever go to Rhode Island? they have the sand dunes out there, I don't know much about them like if its legal to ride or what you need but people do ride there by all the tracks in the sand...lol

bigdaddyvw185
12-16-2013, 10:46 AM
i have been to beartown state forest and pittsfield state forest, pittsfeild is my choice of the two. obviously your riding in a state forest, open trails. some rocky areas, up and down hill sections, pittsfield had some crazy burms that were pretty awesome. mud sections, water crossing's. Bear town was pretty rocky but was still fun. But pittsfield was awesome. here is a link of all the places in MA that you can go ride once registered. http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/massachusetts_list.htm
its 30$ to register for the year in MA, i sent my paperwork in and got the registration back 4 days later no questions asked
if need be i can help you out with filling out the paperwork, tho its really not that bad. the biggest problem for me was finding the engine identification number for my yamaha kodiak (damn engine number was on the bottom of the engine underneath all the skid plates)..... here is the link that lists all of the registration information...
http://www.mass.gov/eea/grants-and-tech-assistance/enforcement/environmental-police/boat-rv-and-snowmobile-registration-bureau/registration-fees-and-documents-generic.html
its well worth it especially seeing the fact that the boys in blue around here are not big fans of the ATV's lol.

czac
12-16-2013, 10:57 PM
cool...thanks!!! Got my new Steering bearings and seals in today!!!

czac
12-16-2013, 11:06 PM
opps!!!

1.Bill of Sale (name and address of seller). (no gots but probably can get...)
2.Proof of payment of sales tax (ST-6 or ST-6E). Note - To pay your sales tax online, visit the Department of Revenue Website (Sales tax?)

bigdaddyvw185
12-16-2013, 11:14 PM
dont stress, i will PM you with the info lol.