PDA

View Full Version : Help 2000 Quad Master 500

JGW3
12-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a 2000 quad Master 500. The timing chain broke, some kids had it and didn't install timing gear properly. So I was able to buy a nice 300 dollar 4 wheeler that's in otherwise near perfect shape.

So hear is where I am at and obviously where I'd like to get a little help from you. I have the engine on my bench. Head, cylinder, covers, belt and clutches removed. At this point I have 2 shafts sticking out of the engine. From what I can tell the one on the right comes off with the cover I need to remove to gain access enough to install new timing chain. My problem is that it's stuck. Does the one way clutch come off with this cover or does just the shaft come out of the one way clutch? And what's the trick to this, I am pretty sure I'm missing something really simple but I don't have the foggiest idea of what? You guys have been great helping me out with the 3 wheelers I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction with this as well.
Thanks.

SWIGIN
12-18-2013, 07:03 PM
I must be getting old but what in the name of all that is holy is a 2000 quad master 500?

Sounds like a China knock off machine.

New2Tri-Z
12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
I must be getting old but what in the name of all that is holy is a 2000 quad master 500?

Sounds like a China knock off machine.

Its OK its a Suzuki, so close enough to a China Knock Off :lol: J/K I love my LTR 450 its a beast.

As for the OP question I have no idea, sounds like you need a repair manual to get you past that point (you can find the pdf versions pretty cheap on tradebit),otherwise ebay prob has a download version also. Good luck as it sounds like you got a great deal.

yamaha225dr
12-24-2013, 11:04 AM
A friend has a Suzuki Quad Runner 500,which is exactly like a Quad Master, just with a manual transmission and its been reliable.