PDA

View Full Version : YT125 Fuel Consumption Question

Tri-Motor
12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Ok so I got my 125 engine back together and was curious to what kinda fuel mileage other 125 owners get. I went on a 45 minute trail ride with my friend who has a Honda 125M. The temp was -7F and filled the gas tank about an inch from the cap and topped off the oil tank, then let it warm up for 10-15 minutes. The trail we were on is packed down and had no problems in the soft snow the we ocassionally hit. I rode in 3rd gear most of the time but shifted down to 2nd a couple times and never ran the engine over half throttle. When I got back and parked it I checked the gas and it down about 2 inches from the filler rim. I was sorta surprised. Is this normal fuel consumption for these?

Highhorse78
12-16-2013, 04:44 AM
That sounds about right for fuel usage, as these things sip very little. For comparison, I had a 1980 DT125 that got about 32mpg in town or in similar conditions. All depends on climate, jetting, and rider though. Have you went up a couple main jet sizes for the colder weather? Also if you're looking to extend your fuel range and your machine is an 83 and later with the vented tank shroud, you can go with the two piece YT175 tank that is .4 gallons larger in size.

barnett468
12-16-2013, 12:08 PM
i don't have that specific model but have ridden several street bikes and atv's in that cc range and in my experience your usage sounds typical and good as mentioned above. in other words it is not excessive.

i would also check the plug color to see if the jetting needs to be changed as suggested above.

also even though you did not ask, i would suggest you run around a 5w - 30 oil in those cold temps if your current oil is heavier than that. this should also be mentioned in your service manual.

in addition, i would run one specifically designed for motorcycles that also had high levels of zddp in them [which many do] and you might consider a synthetic if your engine is already broken in.

barnett468
12-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Your response to the new guys fuel consumption question also you tell him to use 5w30 oil. You do realize as a big shot engineer that a yt125 is a 2 stroke.I just received the message above referencing your thread [post], and it seems confusing to me.

I think the sender might have meant to post it on your thread and somehow accidentally posted it to me, therefore I am posting it here on his behalf.

It is my “guess” that the sender is either wanting you to know that you have a 2 stroke engine or is implying that a 2 stroke motorcycle engine does not have a transmission and therefore does not need transmission oil.

They may also be confused because I did not specify that my oil suggestion was for your transmission and therefore might have thought I was recommending that you mix it with your gas.

To clarify my post, the oil recommendation I gave you was for your transmission. I based my post on the “guess” that you and anyone else reading it would automatically know this by the simple fact that I suggested a multi viscosity oil. They do not make multi viscosity oils for the purpose of mixing with gas to power a 2 stroke engine.

I felt compelled/obligated to post this clarification after reading the message quoted above. It is done for the benefit of anyone that might not understand exactly where I intended the oil I suggested to go, and NOT because I thought in any way that you, Tri-Motor [the op] might not understand my post.

I apologize if you and/or others did not clearly understand where I intended you to use the oil I recommended.

The mfg’s recommendation for transmission oil in the Yamaha YT 125 – G, H J, K, L and N and YT 175 – J and K is SAE 10w-30 API SE. This is stated on pg 370 of the condensed factory service manual in link below.

This viscosity is recommended for temps above around 40 degrees.

They no longer make API SE oil however it has been superseded by other oils.

http://www.oscarmayer.net/atc/manuals/Yamaha/ytm-(yt125,yt175)condensed-service-data.pdf

PURPOSE OF ZINC – Many are under the misconception that ZDDP is only “needed” to protect the cam and lifters in a flat tappet cam engine. It is actually one of the best “lubricants” for protecting any metal where there is moving, metal to metal contact and which is also under high pressure. In ALL motorcycle engines this high pressure includes the transmission gears, especially when they are shifted under load. This is because there is extreme force on the cogs as they slide on the mating gear surface and also as they slam into the mating gear as it is shifted at WOT.

The following is an abbreviated excerpt from an article by Valvoline. See the complete article in the link below it.

• What is motor oil with zinc?

The anti-wear additive simply referred to as zinc by most car enthusiasts is actually short for Zinc DialkylDithiophosphates or ZDDP. Its primary role is to prevent metal-to-metal contact between engine parts by forming a protective film.

http://www.valvoline.com/faqs/motor-oil/racing-oil/

:Bounce

barnett468
12-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Hello Tri-Motor;

Please excuse the grammatical errors in my post above, I am unable to correct them because I do not have an edit button.

The message I received that I quoted in my post above was the complete text I received and was not abbreviated or edited by me in any way, therefore I am not responsible for it's content or any grammatical errors it may contain.

:lock:

muthey
12-16-2013, 08:49 PM
It's OK barnett468 most non 2 strokers don't know about the transmission oil, and a lot of the new 2 strokers don't realize that all the way up to the early 80's actual motor oil was used with the gas mix instead of special 2 stroke oil. But as to the original question, yes that is normal fuel consumption to the type of riding you have described. I second checking the color of your plug tip to see if you need to re jet or adjust your mix screw

dougspcs
12-17-2013, 12:09 AM
Your EDIT button was taken because you are a back-tracker Barnett..deleting things and saying you never said them is just who you are.

Fess up..a lot of techno babble to just disquise the fact you didn't know the YT125 was a two stroke!!

barnett468
12-17-2013, 03:05 AM
From post 3.

also even though you did not ask, i would suggest you run around a 5w - 30 oil in those cold temps if your current oil is heavier than that. this should also be mentioned in your service manual.

From post 4.

The mfg’s recommendation for transmission oil in the Yamaha YT 125 – G, H J, K, L and N and YT 175 – J and K is SAE 10w-30 API SE. This is stated on pg 370 of the condensed factory service manual in link below.

http://www.valvoline.com/faqs/motor-oil/racing-oil/

From post 7.

Fess up..a lot of techno babble to just disquise the fact you didn't know the YT125 was a two stroke!!

From post 5.

It's OK barnett468 most non 2 strokers don't know about the transmission oil,My interpretation of the oil comment in the post from another member above, suggests to me that you appear to be right muthey, however my interpretation could be wrong.

Tri-Motor, since the oil suggestion I made in post #3, does in fact closely match the oil recommendation in the "condensed" original service manual I posted the link to for you in post #4, it would, imo, seem reasonable for virtually ANYONE to assume that I did in fact know your bike was a 2 stroke.

Irregardless, even if I did not know it was a 2 stroke, this point seems irrelevant since a 2 stroke motorcycle engine that has a transmission can use EXACTLY the same transmission oil in the transmission as most 4 stroke motorcycles that have a transmission. A few exceptions to this are when a motorcycle has an automatic transmission like the newer Honda Gold Wing and Honda CTX 700 or separate transmission like most if not all non Sporster model Harley Davidsons etc..

Again, as I mentioned in post #4, I am "guessing" you understood what I posted post #3 and therefore I am simply posting this for the benefit of others that still, even after reading my second post, might not understand them, or even muthey's post.

Your EDIT button was taken because you are a back-tracker Barnett..deleting things and saying you never said them is just who you are.

Even though the entire post above is WAY off topic, and has NO information related to your question in even the REMOTEST way, imo, it’s important I clear this up for you as much as possible and sincerely apologize in advance for the topic drift which I did NOT initiate. All I did was post some suggestions I thought might interest you.

The statement above is FALSE, I have never deleted anything and then said I never posted it. I also have not had an edit button for around 10 months, therefore it’s impossible for me to do what I am being accused of doing, lol. There is also NO proof of this EVER occurring, which is simply because it never did, irregardless of what ANYONE might tell you. I have however, seen others do this. This is just one of the reasons I “quote/copy” some posts.

I don’t “need” an edit button now nor did I ever. It’s simply an annoyance to others that I don’t have one. I also do not EVER want one, so any statement’s like the one above can CONTINUE to be proven FALSE.

I have also never complained about not having an edit button and the only reason I mentioned it, is so you, or those op’s whose threads I post on, know why I make additional posts from time to time.

PS – I hope your holidays are safe and happy.

barnett468
12-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Hello Tri-Motor;

I would also like to make it clear that I, in no way, consider myself one of the foremost experts on oils, therefore I suggest that if you want to get further facts regarding oils and additives, you read some of the info on some of the major mfg’s sites like Amsoil, Motul, Lucas and Valvoline etc..

I suggest you do not get your information from Mobil 1 because some of their comments tend to contradict comments from other major oil mfg’s like the ones I mentioned who have proven some of their statements through actual testing.

dougspcs
12-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Barnett, I'll attempt to make a suggestion in hopes that will be heard, you'll get alot less friction from other members about your thread jacking and mega posts and become a much more valued and appreciated member of this forum!!

Please, respond to the OPs questions with directly relavent information and perhaps in one paragraph or less!! If the OP didn't ask about oil, then a 8 paragraph technically detail post has no business here at all..do you not agree?

If you lack the directly relevent information, please refrain from posting..other members have good information also. Allow them to share it..the OP will get much more benefit from their thread!

You clearly have a lot of good information to share..what you lack is a filter!

Instead of apologizing for "topic drift"..STOP!!

This is a genuine suggestion made with no ill intent..hoping to help you integrate into this environment better.

As much as the drama does make for an interesting read, it does create ill feelings and a headache for the moderators..please hear this!

dman
12-17-2013, 09:03 AM
It sure makes for entertaining reading!

Tri-Motor
12-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Well I'm glad to know the fuel usage is normal. I'm used to the Honda 110's I've had which are fuel sippers compared to this. My plug is a nice tan color and even with the cold snap here it always fires up on 2-3 pulls with full choke. Right now I have 10W40 in the transmission but read that lot of people up type F ATF and was thinking about switching to that instead of motor oil. Any thoughts on that?

barnett468
12-18-2013, 12:47 AM
My plug is a nice tan color and even with the cold snap here it always fires up on 2-3 pulls with full choke.Sounds good to me.

Right now I have 10W40 in the transmission but read that lot of people up type F ATF and was thinking about switching to that instead of motor oil. Any thoughts on that?Since you do have questions on oil I abbreviated my previous posts for you and pasted them below.

In short:

Automatic trans fluid is designed for automatic transmissions and not engines, you "can" run it but I would advise against it. Just because someone might say they ran it for years doesn't mean it is the best choice.

Automotive engine oil is designed for automotive engines, it can certainly be run in a 2 and 4 stroke motorcycle with an integral transmission like yours, and is a better choice than auto trans fluid imo, but is not the optimal choice.

Using an oil designed for motorcycles with a "wet clutch system" and integral transmission like yours is the best option. They are available at motorcycle shops and many auto supply stores.

Synthetic motorcycle wet clutch oils are also good oils to run and some prefer them in cold weather. Below is a partial list. I think Royal Purple might make one also.

Lucas

5w-20 synthetic has zddp, call for levels.
5w-30 synthetic has zddp, call for levels.

https://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=55&catid=16&loc=show

Lucas 5w-30 synthetic motorcycle oil with ZDDP 1 qt bottle

$7.25

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/320334863523?lpid=82

$8.99

http://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-10049-5W-30-Synthetic/dp/B001DKQ4HO

Lucas products msds list

http://www.lucasoil.ca/products/motorcycle-products.asp

Motorex Pro 4t

5w-30 synthetic with zddp, call for level.
10w-30 synthetic with zddp, call for level.

http://www.motorexusa.com/musa/offroad.asp

http://www.ktmpartsonline.com/accessories/motorex-oils[/QUOTE]

From post 3.

also even though you did not ask,i would suggest you run around a 5w - 30 oil in those cold temps if your current oil is heavier than that. this should also be mentioned in your service manual.

in addition, i would run one specifically designed for motorcycles that also had high levels of zddp in them [which many do] and you might consider a synthetic if your engine is already broken in.
From post 4.

This viscosity is recommended for temps above around 40 degrees.

brd812
12-18-2013, 12:56 AM
You can if you want, most people that run type f run it in manual clutch trannies. It's a thinner oil and has some nice properties for clutch plates. I run it in banshee and change it often. I would stick to motor oil, I don't think you need to worry about burn plates or slippage with your tri moto.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Automotive engine oil is designed for automotive engines, it can certainly be run in a 2 and 4 stroke motorcycle with an integral transmission like yours, and is a better choice than auto trans fluid imo, but is not the optimal choice.

Using an oil designed for motorcycles with a "wet clutch system" and integral transmission like yours is the best option. They are available at motorcycle shops and many auto supply stores.

The YT125 Tri-moto is a 2-stroke and the "engine oil" is for the transmission only. It does not have the integral transmission you speak of. The engine portion is lubed via oil injection (if it is still functional)

Just to clarify.....

barnett468
12-19-2013, 02:28 AM
The YT125 Tri-moto is a 2-stroke…

… Just to clarify.....
Just to clarify..., I’m guessing you are trying to help and if this is the case I certainly appreciate it since I certainly don’t know it all nor do I profess to, however, as I clearly clarified in post #4, I knew it was a 2 stroke from the start and that the oil suggestion I gave him in post #3 was in fact for the transmission.

the "engine oil" is for the transmission only.I also know that the engine oil that I referred to in post #3 which is also referred to on page 370 of the service manual I posted the link to in post #4, is "for the transmission only" as you say.

It does not have the integral transmission you speak of. The engine portion is lubed via oil injection (if it is still functional)
It does have a transmission which can technically be called “integral” [not separate from the engine like a non Sporster Harley or a car], which I also explained in post #13.

Just to clarify further, below is one definition of integral as defined by Websters online dictionary, and is the one I and many engineers I know, use when referring to the type of engine/transmission combination the op's, and all other bikes with the same set up have.

“c. formed as a unit with another part <a seat with integral headrest>”

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/integral

Below is an oem parts fiche showing the transmission in a YT125G, H and J. It is the location where I, and the oem service manual I posted the link to in post #4, want the op to put the oil I referred to in post #3. I am now mentioning this for the 4th time, because my interpretation of the way your post sounds/reads, is that you don’t understand what I meant in my three previous posts either and I thought I should try to clarify it for you as I tried to for the others.

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-yt125h-1980-1982_model8787/partslist/B-12.html#results

In general, I, and others I know, refer to any transmission that is not integral as I, Websters Dictionary and others I know define it, but is a unit that is able to be removed from an engine like they are in a car or are totally separate from the engine like they are on the non Sporster Harleys as a non integral transmission or simply a transmission etc.

I also explained in post #4 for one member, that imo, after reading his post, had no idea that the oil I suggested in post #3 that the op use, was for his transmission and not to be used for mixing with the gas to power his engine.

I explained it again a third time in post #13 in a different way that I hoped would be even more clear for another person, whom imo, after reading their post, also had no idea this was the case, even after I posted the additional info in post #4 and muthey also implied in post #6 that the op’s bike had a trans that requires oil even though it is a 2 stroke.

I also knew that the op's bike originally came with an oil injector, however I simply generalized the oil/gas mixing process by using the phrase "oil/gas" because my comment was referring to both types of oil/gas mixing.

I also know that even though a bike might have come with an oil injector, some owners mix the oil directly with the gas which in my experience is typically done for one or more of the following reasons:

a. eliminate the potential for injector failure

b. an injector had been previously disabled or removed.

c. an injector is broken.

d. they can have control over the consistency of the oil/gas ratio throughout the entire rpm range.

e. they can have control over the oil/gas ratio itself.

f. reduce the amount of engine smoke at idle caused by injector "over oiling/running rich" at idle.

PS - It does seem strange to me that instead of posting info that might somehow benefit the op, at least a couple of non op's, imo, are dissecting and scrutinizing my posts, in what, imo, looks like an attempt to find an error in the information I posted which they can then point out.

Irregardless, I don't mind being made aware of any informational error I might ever make, and to the contrary, actually welcome any politely offered correction. No one has found an informational error in my posts on this thread yet even though imo, a significant effort has been put forth by a few to do so.

Imo, it seems like a needless clutter, but I'm guessing that now, someone will make still yet another post regarding my posts and which will contain little if no substantive information/suggestions for to the op.

Oh, buy the way, the op's "screen name" name is Tri-Motor, just in case anyone forgot whose thread this is.

Hope your holidays are safe and happy.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Seriously man???!! I WAS in earnest trying to help!

By your own websters definition and the way you put it, it is easy for a person who doesn't know to assume the trans oil lubes the engine as well. I would not call that configuration "integral" in design between the transmission and engine as most 4 stroke engines are.

You need to chill.

RIDE-RED 250r
12-19-2013, 10:22 AM
And since you are so worried about it, I actually was not reading your post to try and call you out for something. I was simply reading it. That statement I felt could lead to confusion. And I don't really care what some people THINK the word integral means. It means what it means, and by definition, the lube system on these 2 strokes is not integral.

But by all means, carry on.

dougspcs
12-19-2013, 10:56 AM
PS - It does seem strange to me that instead of posting info that might somehow benefit the op, at least a couple of non op's, imo, are dissecting and scrutinizing my posts, in what, imo, looks like an attempt to find an error in the information I posted which they can then point out.

Irregardless, I don't mind being made aware of any informational error I might ever make, and to the contrary, actually welcome any politely offered correction. No one has found an informational error in my posts on this thread yet even though imo, a significant effort has been put forth by a few to do so.

Imo, it seems like a needless clutter, but I'm guessing that now, someone will make still yet another post regarding my posts and which will contain little if no substantive information/suggestions for to the op.

Oh, buy the way, the op's "screen name" name is Tri-Motor, just in case anyone forgot whose thread this is..

POT, KETTLE, BLACK?? Think maybe??

This is the soul purpose of your existence...any thread you post on you outpost the OP and everyone else 3 to 1!!

No one will find any "informational error in this post" ..

dougspcs
12-19-2013, 11:09 AM
http://youtu.be/HNTxr2NJHa0

And this goes out to.....???

barnett468
12-19-2013, 06:13 PM
I WAS in earnest trying to help!

It’s the internet, therefore without having a voice behind the text, the intent of a comment can occasionally be misinterpreted, however the intent of some posts are crystal clear imo.

I was certainly hoping, and in general thinking, you were simply trying to help with your post. I also have, and still do, like to read your posts, not that I think you or anyone should care what I think.

I had no ill intent in my reply to you and apologize if you interpreted it that way. It was simply for “clarification” as you put it.

I also was not referring to you in my “PS”, I simply did not want to mention specific names. As I implied, some posts “intent” seem crystal clear imo.

From what I remember, your posts rarely, if ever, go completely off topic like some do [lol], and the info/suggestions yours contain are always for the benefit of the op.

Imo, again, as if it matters, I think there are many knowledgeable people here and I consider you one of them. As I have said before, I have learned things here as well, and some of them have actually even been beneficial imo, lol.

By your own websters definition and the way you put it, it is easy for a person who doesn't know to assume the trans oil lubes the engine as well.I would sincerely hope against hope, that someone that owns a two stroke, would read my post, and because of it, not put 2 stroke oil in their injector or mix 2 stroke oil with the gas etc. I would pray that someone that owns a 2 stroke would at least, either be that smart or have a friend etc. that is.

I would also hope they would know to not put gas in the tires and to use air instead. Even though instructions are written on the tires, there is no "big" conspicuous warning sign telling them exactly what to do.

Also, as I mentioned to the op in post #4, I was “guessing” they knew where the oil that both I, and the manual I referred to in post #3 went, and that my clarification was meant for another. I did this so the op wouldn't think that I thought he was clueless.

I did not want to appear condescending to anyone, especially the op, by stating that even though their trans required oil, they also needed to either put 2 stroke oil in their injector or mix it with the gas if their injector was disabled etc.

Also, since they stated they had already been riding their bike and it obviously had not seized yet, it seems, imo, that it is reasonable to "guess", that they did in fact know that they needed 2 stroke oil for the “engine” portion of their engine as well.

The way I interpret your comment, imo, it suggests to me that you are implying that you think there are such "clueless" people in the world.

Perhaps there are and I simply have too much faith in some people’s level of intelligence.

I did at least clarify in post #4 where the oil that both I, and the oem service manual, which stated the exact same thing I said, went.

If anyone was to actually READ the page of the service manual I said the trans oil info was on, they would EASILY see that it says the following immediately above the trans oil recommendation:

“Engine Lubrication ……………….------------------Oil Injection-------------------“

“Engine Oil Recommendation . -------Air Cooled, Two Stroke Engine Oil------“

AFTER my initial oil viscosity suggestion in post #3, the op posted that he was using 10w-40 oil which is heavier than the oem recommendation. He is also using this viscosity oil in temperatures that are BELOW most atv mfg’s recommendation for this viscosity.

He then asked a question regarding oil that imo, was prompted by my initial post.

Since I was the ONLY person to mention viscosity prior to his posts, this all suggests to me, that my posts were in some way helpful to him.

For the reasons mentioned above, I suggest that one read their service manual BEFORE ever starting their bike.

I would not call that configuration "integral" in design between the transmission and engine as most 4 stroke engines are.
I think I understand that if this trans shared the same oiling system as the engine, you might consider “integral” to be at least one of the acceptable terms for it, and because it does not share the same oiling system you would not refer to it as integral.

I have no desire to beat the terminology for this type of trans/engine combo to death. I am happy to learn and use a more accurate term/phrase if you or anyone has one. Integral is simply the one I and others I know use in this application.

PS – I get beat up by some NON op’s for posting what in their opinion, is either too much info, or unsolicited info, but I NEVER get ANY complaints from an op. This seems a little strange to me.

I also, on several occasions, have been thanked by not only the op, but also by others for posting info that I thought might in some way help the op even though they did not ask for it. This is often because they were not aware of the info I posted and were grateful I brought it to their attention.

Just to clarify...I was recently thanked around 9 times by 4 different people including the op who thanked me around 5 of those times for a few posts I made on a thread. I simply don't know how to explain that.

I have also been thanked on this thread for one of my posts. I simply have no idea how to explain that either.

Now, imo, you, as opposed to 1 or 2 others, are suggesting I posted too LITTLE info, simply because I did not specifically state, that even though a 2 stroke requires transmission oil for the transmission, it also requires 2 stroke oil for the engine, even though this info is on page 370 of the oem service manual which I mentioned above and which I posted the link to in post #4.

This being said, imo, it should be blatantly obvious that there are NON op’s trying to dictate/censor/control what info I in particular should post.

In my opinion this whole thing is another classic case of a mountain being made out of a mole hill by just a couple people, but as you said when referring the trans definition, “it is what it is”, lol.

Happy Hollidays!

RIDE-RED 250r
12-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Apology accepted.

barnett468
12-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I just noticed that my post #17 has been downgraded which is identified by what imo, is a cute looking tiny little thumb, that to me, due to its pale and weak color, looks anemic/unhealthy.

The "thumb" icon used to identify "likes" on a post, not only has a similar unhealthy appearance as the one used to indentify "dislikes", but it also reminds me of my last visit to the urologist, and for that reason alone, I think out of pure compassion, something that is a little LESS scary looking to at least SOME guys over 50 that see that type of doctor, might be used in its place.

My unsolicited suggestion for the "downgrade" icon, would be to possibly either feed it something to get a little color back in it before the poor think expires, or simply give him/her, what is likely, a much needed and well deserved rest, and replace him/her with something more noticeable and ominous/scary looking etc. such as possibly a bright red flashing thumb with flames coming off of it or maybe a devil that looks like the one on Southpark [who can't maintain a lasting relationship with his boyfriend Chris and is unfaithful to him in episode 58 which is titled "Probably"], that has flames billowing up around his/her feet and is holding a pointed Trident in one hand while the other points demonstrably downward toward the pit of doom etc.

Even the scary looking but affable monster they call "Chip" on the show titled "Angel", might be a suitable replacement.

I personally, wouldn't use any of the "Demons" they have on "Charmed" though because imo, they're not very believable and in general just kinda suck.

I will say however, that I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a photo of Alyssa Milano or Shannon Doherty from that show, in a snug fitting devils outfit, used for the downgrade icon.

Although I think all the different girls that played the 3 witches on that show are pretty hot, I think those 2 would be the most idyllic for the purpose suggested.

Anyway...imo, one of the things downgrading a post does, is pique some peoples curiosity, thereby increasing their desire to read it. This is possibly because they might think [or hope, lol] that it contains some horrible berating of someone by the op or possibly an enlarged view of JasonB's avatar photo.

Irregardless, my "guess" is that downgrading a post has an effect on many people that is actually the exact opposite of what the "downgraders" intend it to.

Since that post does NOT contain a single swear word or sarcasm or negative innuendo or argumentative comment or a heated rebuttal or an enlarged view of JasonB's avatar photo, but instead, simply contains a calm, thorough, reply to anothers post, imo, the ones reading it will be seriously disappointed, not to mention, possibly bewildered as to why it was downgraded.

Oh, by the way, I thought for additional "informational purposes", I would post the following message which I received here 3 days ago. I have not added any text but have removed the senders name and thread reference so there would be no possibility that they would be bothered by anyone regarding it.

Hey Barnett468,

I just wanted to send a PM and say thanks for your information in my thread about… I liked your info and am taking your advice as much as possible.

I'm just sending this becuase I was reading on another thread and saw some very negative comments towards you and feel that they were a bit out of line.

I just wanted to say thank you. I hope you have a very nice Christmas!

briano
12-19-2013, 11:50 PM
^^^there you go yet again. Multiple quotes and paragraphs rambling on and on. Chill out and let the newbies be. You scare people. I wish I knew how to block your posts so I don't have to read this crap.

barnett468
12-20-2013, 12:29 AM
This is the soul purpose of your existence...any thread you post on you outpost the OP and everyone else 3 to 1!!

No one will find any "informational error in this post" ..

Actually if one uses this thread as an example, my post ratio, compared to the next 2 highest posters, is 2.25:1, which is a long way from the incorrectly claimed ratio of 3:1 that the author of the post above claims I make.

This is counting all 4 posts that the author of said post and ride-red 250r made, and my total of 9 posts, which does not include this post, which would actually make it 10 posts for me, which is still only a ratio 2.5:1.

This is still significantly less than the 3:1 ratio, the author of the quote above claims I make on "every" thread I post on, however, I think that in the interest of fairness, this particular post should not be counted since it is simply a response to an obvious error in the quote above that I think should be corrected.

Also, imo, since the author of the quote above, is well aware that I do not have an edit button, and I would have had at least one less post if I had one due to the elimination of the separate post correction post I made, that, this then makes it a post count of 4 – 8.

So in all fairness, imo, I actually only have 8 “countable” posts, if one includes the 3 that are responses to others, so when one compares that number to both your and ride-reds 250r’s post count number of 4, you get a ratio of 2:1.

If one doesn't count those 3 posts I made responding to other people, then I really only have 5 countable posts. This reduces the ratio even further, to 1.25:1. Wow, that seems kinda low to me, especially considering the biggest percentage of my posts contained info that might help the op in some way.

It would also seem only fair imo, to, at the very least, also count posts that have some info that might help the op understand his bike better, and/or help him with his problem in even the remotest possible way.

Using this post count method, by my interpretation, which does not include this post, or two of my other posts numbered 5 and 23, I have 7 and the author of the quote above has 0. Wait a minute, can that possibly be right?...I'll go reread and recount them........hmm..., well it still looks like 0 to me.

Even if one only counts the one post I was “thanked” for by 2 people, I still have twice as many posts pertaining to the topic of the thread in some way then the author of the post above has.

If it were me making the post ratio claims the author of the post above is, and someone brought the error to my attention, I would recount the posts I was referring to, until I was absolutely sure the count was correct. I would then get a new battery for my calculator, if in fact I needed a calculator which I did not for the % calculations I made above.

This is not advice or a suggestion, it is simply what I would do if it was brought to my attention that I made an inaccurate claim like the one the author of the post above did so that I could insure that the “informational” errors I made were corrected.

Happy Holidays!

briano
12-20-2013, 12:43 AM
^^^^And what does your last post have to do with the fuel consumption of a yt125? Just more ramblings from a post whore

dougspcs
12-20-2013, 01:06 AM
^^^there you go yet again. Multiple quotes and paragraphs rambling on and on. Chill out and let the newbies be. You scare people. I wish I knew how to block your posts so I don't have to read this crap.

Click the 'Settings' near the top of the page, then next page in the left column in the 'My Settings' section..

Click on 'Edit Ignore List'..then add his name.

You can't make him stop talking..but you can hit the 'mute' button.

Happy silence..!!

barnett468
12-20-2013, 01:08 AM
I wish I knew how to block your posts so I don't have to read this crap.Oh, that’s an easy one, I'll be glad to help you with that.

1. Turn computer on.

2. Type “3wheelerworld.com” into the url window.

3. Push enter.

4. Sign on to the site.

5. In the lower right hand corner of the photo of the bikes racing you will see the following in small print:

Welcome briano Notifications My Profile Settings Log Out

6. click on “Settings”, a new page will appear.

7. Scroll down around half way on the left hand side to the “My Account” box.

8. Locate “Edit Ignore List” at the bottom of that box and click on it.

9. Another new window will appear at the top of the page with a long narrow box titled “Ignore List”.

10. Enter the name of the person you consider annoying whom you wish to “Ignore”.

11. Locate the word “Okay” in the lower right side immediately below the box and click on it.

12. Congratulations, you are now free to enjoy endless hours of "annoyance" free “surfing” on the site.

Glad I could be of help, feel free to ask for my assistance anytime.

Happy Holidays! :beer

barnett468
12-20-2013, 02:35 AM
^^^^And what does your last post have to do with the fuel consumption of a yt125?Oh, about as much as the ones posted by the author of the quote immediately preceding this comment, and all 5 posted by the author of the post I quoted on post #25.

I also failed to see ANY info whatsoever, in ANY of the posts the author of the post above made, that have even the remotest thing to do with the op’s question etc. but perhaps I missed one that did.

Just more ramblings from a post whoreSee comments above.

In addition, imo, the comment above lacks significant impact, and I feel that the impact, and subsequently the effectiveness of it can be significantly increased by simply using the free “emoticons” that are available for use by all members of the site.

They have a perfect animated one for this application imo, which is titled “post whore”. I have posted it below along with just a few examples of how it can be used.

Barnett, you are a :postwhore.

Hey, Barnett, don’t be such a :postwhore.

Hey Barnett, if you weren’t such a :postwhore, I wouldn’t need to put you on my “Ignore” list.

And here's an example using in in the comment from the quote above. I posted it so one can compare the effectiveness of the two.

Imo, I think the effect is much more dramatic and entertaining.

"Just more rambling from a :postwhore.

To access the 'post whore" emoticon along with several others just follow the simple instructions below.

HOW TO LOCATE AND PASTE EMOTICONS TO A REPLY

1. Scroll to the “Reply” window at the bottom of each thread page and click on “Go Advanced” in the lower right corner immediately below the box or go to any post and clock on either “Reply” or “Reply With Quote” then click on “Go Advanced” which will appear immediately below the new box.

2.Look at the bottom of the “emoticons” posted on the right side of the box and locate the word “more” immediately below the last row of emoticons and click on it.

3. A new small box full of “emoticons” will appear in the upper left portion of your computer screen.

4. Locate the “post whore emoticon” in the top left corner of the box and either click on it which will automatically paste it into the reply box or simply highlight it then paste it into the box.

5. Press “Submit Reply” once you have completed your post.

Congratulations, the ones following these instructions have now successfully posted, what imo, is yet another totally useless, but occasionally entertaining post to add to the long list of others like it, and which also, most likely has no negative effect on the person the one posting it is directing it at.

Happy Holidays! :beer

Highhorse78
12-20-2013, 03:10 AM
You guys are going to have all the new members going over to that ".org" site :lol: .... Lets get back to those three wheeled contraptions we all like so much :beer