PDA

View Full Version : banshee hq members vs 3ww members

Mr.Atc
12-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for actually helping people out. Ive been a member of both forums for quite a few years and any time I post on banshee hq all I get is a bunch of guys in their 40s thinking hmmm this kids 16 lets pick on him and not answer anything he asked and just be assholes. Any time I have asked questions on here or read threads ive never seen any of that. You guys are always helpful. Posted on banshee hq today about some tips for extending a frame. I have an extra frame and I have a 600 skidoo motor I want to build a drag racer out of. Got nothing but rude comments. Thanks again for being polite on here.

bkm
12-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Do you know what a Banshee and a Porcupine have in common? They both have pricks on their back.

bkm
12-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Didn't you own a banshee Bkm? . 4 of them over the years lol. Where I ride you either drag race or trail ride and down the road a few minutes from there is the Big River Sand Drags. I was never much of a trail rider so I naturally hung with the drag crowd. I liken the banshee guys (not all) to Corvette owners (again not all). It just seems as if they look down their noses at all other atv riders and owners. If you want to see the bigest display of who's got the biggest pecker contest's, look no further than the Twin 350 crowd.

Like you said, I can't explain why, but that machine attracts some extremely inflated ego's.

Mrs.Mosh
12-18-2013, 09:12 AM
Ha...I have made the statement before that I hope this place never turns into a site like BHQ.

I was on there for a minute.
I was going to do this build that I called J low..lol
A J arm frame but it was gonna be lowered...

Well, they are pigs there (not all, but many). You couldn't even try to make a serious thread over there if you were female without them asking for pics (not the build):rolleyes:

I don't know how, but I did manage to do a successful group buy over there though.

And then there was Vegas Jeff...my buddy.
He would call me and pretend to be a customer so he could buy MY stuff and pass it off as his. Ya, he's a great guy:mad:

Mr.Atc
12-18-2013, 09:26 AM
http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172151&page=2#entry1553314

I have 2 banshees right now. But I dont think im going back on there. Anymore. Look at the stupidity in that thread. Ive seen 5 year olds act more mature than they do. Your right not all the guys on there are bad ive talked to some good ones

New2Tri-Z
12-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Wow I read your thread bud, that is absolute horse crap. I could see them trying to detour you from cobbling together a death trap frame, but there were maybe 1 or 2 positive posts regarding your idea. I sadly have learned the same thing recently. I am pretty new to forums as I don't have allot of extra computer time, but some are very helpful. I am on quite a few different ATV forums and none even hold a candle to this one. Most the time I post my quad questions here so i can get an honest, experienced answer. Some of the other sites I have been on don't even respond to the threads. I am having troubles with a little KFX 50 and joined a forum. Spent 4 hrs searching the archives for similar posts and found about 10. Not one of those threads had a single response. Granted those issues are just based on the fact that the forum isn't as popular and doesn't carry as many experts, or hell even nice guys at that point.

JasonB
12-18-2013, 01:36 PM
banshee guys are just different. That being said, i wouldnt mind having one lol. I like the bikes in general, they have great potential and sound mean.

bkm
12-18-2013, 05:05 PM
banshee guys are just different. That being said, i wouldnt mind having one lol. I like the bikes in general, they have great potential and sound mean.I have yet to this day been able to find another atv that will put a smile on my face the way a Banshee does, and that is all trikes included.

rg97
12-18-2013, 05:56 PM
I took me 5 weeks of watching that before I got the hell out of there.

Why so long? it took me about an hour to get out, after I started one thread and got one REAL reply in the first 10 comments, the others nasty and rude. I know 3ww does not allow anything over the A word, and I like that. Every single person on there feels the need to say "f this, f that, f you, FFS, etc."
Needless to say, I'm not there anymore, unless I want a good sunday laugh at the stupidity

Mr.Atc
12-18-2013, 06:26 PM
I always thought my 85 250r was the best. I love it but after I built my shee I would rather a banshee over the 250. But I got both so all is good. My dad has an 02 banshee with less than 10 hours on it bought from the original owner. He never rides it. And he wont sell it to me. Said he is just l
preserving it. Ill get it from him some day haha. They are fun. I showed up the dirt bikes at a big sandpit we ride at. Wasnt anything them dirtbikes did that I couldnt do on my bansh just as easy.

Blown 331
12-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Do you know what a Banshee and a Porcupine have in common? They both have pricks on their back.

I was supposed to pick up a Banshee today but now I can't get ahold of the guy, F'in craigslist! Maybe this can be me another time! lol.

bkm
12-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I was supposed to pick up a Banshee today but now I can't get ahold of the guy, F'in craigslist! Maybe this can be me another time! lol.Details! I would love another one. I'm a prick anyway, I might as well have the bike to go along with it.

Blown 331
12-21-2013, 11:16 AM
I was supposed to trade my 400ex plus cash for it. He's the one who actually contacted me wanting to trade, he named the cash amount, the day to meet up, and now he won't answer his phone. Maybe he will come through, maybe his phone is dead or something but I'm already working on another one.

Here's what he said.
The engine has around 20 hrs on it, the cylinders were bored and ported by passion racing engines in Tulsa, it has a prodesign cool head with custom cut domes from noss machine, its set up to run 110 octane fuel, it has an adjustable timing plate and the timing is set at +7, it has v force 3 reeds, trinity stage 4 intake with a 35mm pwk carb on it, fmf exhaust, fullflight+2 +1 a arms,
I'm sure im missing something but it runs great, its supposed to make 65 to 70hp to the tires on dyno.

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b411/Blown_331/IMG_20981651647467_zpsydwsmoxr.jpeg

Blown 331
12-22-2013, 05:36 PM
I have yet to this day been able to find another atv that will put a smile on my face the way a Banshee does, and that is all trikes included.

You're not joking! Man I cant believe some of the slow bikes you guys ride! Yes I got a Banshee today! :lol:

rg97
12-22-2013, 11:06 PM
With porting and an overbore, expect somewhere like 50 maybe 55 hp. I run VP110 in my 392cc 4 mm stroker .060 overbore shee and make about 60-65.
That carb is WAAAY to big unless its a 1-2 intake. If you're running that high octane, an advance in timing is needed, but im not sure that +7 is too far or not. I run +4 and I've had great results

Blown 331
12-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the info! I am a total Banshee newb. I thought that HP sounded high. I do know a guy with a dyno. I actually expected my Outlaw to be faster. Im not so sure on that anymore. This Banshee already beat my brothers 450R. It really starts pulling away at 40-50mph. What a fun bike. I used to be a bit of a Banshee hater, I feel like Ive been misssing out! Lol.
It has a 2 into 1 intake. I'll check out the timing. He gave me pump gas domes and said go down to 4 degrees timing if I use them. Im keeping it the way it is and sticking with the race gas.

bkm
12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
You're not joking! Man I cant believe some of the slow bikes you guys ride! Yes I got a Banshee today! :lol:Pretty cool aren't they?

Blown 331
12-23-2013, 12:51 PM
For sure, I'm hooked!

bkm
12-23-2013, 01:04 PM
I bought a purple and yellow 95 from the original owner in 1998. If I buy another it will be that year and color scheme. I love the vibrant colors of the late 80's into the 90's.

Blown 331
12-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I bought a purple and yellow 95 from the original owner in 1998. If I buy another it will be that year and color scheme. I love the vibrant colors of the late 80's into the 90's.

Not far from you! http://stlouis.craigslist.org/sno/4220912078.html.

Blown 331
12-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Like you said, I can't explain why, but that machine attracts some extremely inflated ego's.

As a 6 day Banshee owner I've come to the conclusion that it does not attract them, it makes them. :lol:

BleedRed
12-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Here you go big big bad banshee lovers, right up your alley!!!

http://janesville.craigslist.org/sno/4245398410.html

yamaha225dr
12-28-2013, 09:55 PM
I have never been on Banshee HQ but have wanted a Banshee for a long time. I was actually looking for one when I found my 250r.

bansheekx
12-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Here you go big big bad banshee lovers, right up your alley!!!

http://janesville.craigslist.org/sno/4245398410.html

Looks like a blaster frame with an old air cooled rd motor! :lol:

BleedRed
12-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Looks like a blaster frame with an old air cooled rd motor! :lol:

Yes it is, I just found it quite funny and fitting to the thread haha.

sanchez
01-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Why is it the banshee is the only bike everyone askes, what did you do to it. begging the notion is the basic package not any good, it must be helped. Also the banshee shares one common trait with the harly davilsin owners bolt on shiny things to make not the bike but the owner nifty

I also make these claimes with a cr500 leager's trike that has passed many bansee
One big hole is better than two smaller because even with long cranks, over bored how much do u spend to mach the displacement of the 500 singles

Blown 331
01-03-2014, 06:02 PM
I think in most cases the trike you are referring to is going to cost more to get your hands on than a Banshee so that cheaper initial purchase could be put towards mods.
Check these out. Both local to me.
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/sno/4169931070.html
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/4250556552.html

sanchez
01-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Well I know what to bye for my RD upgrade when I get to it

And the kind of equipment passin' me

LastFoolerInVA
01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Banshees are nasty.. no doubt about it... I drove one... scary fast, quick, nimble & almost limitless upgrade potential for any style of riding... but...(I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just my opinion) they're butt trailpro trailpro trailpro ugly... I mean, some of the super stretched sand draggers with the custom paint are sweet... but, in stock form... bleh....

I always wondered why only Yamaha picked up on the 2 cylinder 2 stroke in an ATV