PDA

View Full Version : New to the trike world, and have chosen a klt200

Lewberg
12-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Hi all, I am new to the world of trikes. I literally purchased my first trike (1983 KLT200B) yesterday because it popped up on gumtree for what seemed like an alright price, it took my eye, and it's in running condition.

I did some research online and found that parts aren't in huge supply for these things, I was wondering if there are others out there who have recently done, or are still in the process of rebuilding any other KLT's? any guidance on where to source parts would be greatly appreciated!

It was actually a google search that led me to this site, and I'm glad that it did because I have noticed some other threads on the forum referring to workshop manuals for the kwaka. Can anyone assist me in finding a copy of the workshop manual for it? or perhaps know a good site to buy one?

Here is a picture of the rig

JasonB
12-18-2013, 11:47 AM
welcome to the site! those are kinda 'rare'. I had a klt250 in 2000 and the parts at that time were scarce. I havent heard bad things about them, just that parts are hard to come by. Doesnt look like a bad bike though, hows she run? Smoke at all?

MonroeMike
12-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Here's the service data.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/126871-KLT200-250-Service-Data

Lewberg
12-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Cheers mate, yeah I am definitely working out that there aren't a whole lot around haha. Oh well its still worth having even if I have to customize the appearance somewhat.
Luckily for me it runs really well, doesn't blow any smoke and shifts smoothly though the gears. It has a small oil leak coming from the gear selector but full engine gasket kits are only about $50 or $60 so that's not too shabby.
I am already looking for other trikes to get my hands on, they are hilariously cool.

barnett468
12-18-2013, 08:39 PM
hi

nice find, these are virtually unsinkable and unbelievably waterproof. they are also like a little tank or tractor, lots of torque.

you can get new discontinued parts at:

cmsnl.com

partzilla.com

xtremeusa.com

most other oem "suppliers" buy from here once orders come in then resell them to the one thsat ordered them.

Lewberg
12-25-2013, 07:24 AM
That's really helpful info thanks, does anyone know which service manual I would need to buy to do an engine rebuild? I noticed there is a service supplement as well as a service manual.