PDA

View Full Version : New Member Riverwoods, IL

bagginit72
12-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Im a new member. My name is Colton and I'm an ATC addict. I have had them since I was 12. That's one, carry the five, 25 years now. I cant believe I haven't stumbled upon this website long ago. Better late than never. My first was a ATC 70 shared with my neighbor. We would do donuts in the winter until it ran out of gas. The pull starter always broke and we learned how to bump start a machine with that little thing. I bought a Big Wheel 80 brand new in '87 with my dad. Rode it to death and replaced it with a RM125. What a POS. I will never own anything but Honda ever again. EVER. When I was 18, I worked for a towing company and one day I found an '86 350x sitting behind a half wall in back. It was a stolen recovery by the local cops and was supposed to be destroyed. I begged the owner to let me buy it. He stuck it to me. I paid up, screw it, I lifted it out with a wrecker and started thrashing. I learned to tie them down in the bed of the pickup when it tipped over and wrecked the side of my brand new Dakota. Some idiot friends flooded it one day and cross threaded the plug back in. I was pissed to say the least. Without internet and readily available parts, I traded it for a wrecked Goldwing. In '02 I bought my 1985 ATC 350x from a guy in the the thumb of Michigan and once again paid too much, but who cares? After a rebuild, pipe, bore job, cam, new head and tires, it rips. Wheelies in four gears, climbed the Hatfield McCoy's like a pro, and always starts with just kicks, no gas, no ether, no bs, every time, no matter how long it sits. It is my most reliable companion and im hoping to get my kids off of the CRF 50 and onto an ATC 70. Bought a Big Wheel 80 in pieces, gonna bring it back to life also. I had my two buddies 200x, one of which bought it new. It was frame off and the friend died. Got another half done 200x and made the most of it. I felt nostalgic, but kept reverting to the 350x. Eventually, parking issues led me to sell all 200x stuff, probably enough for three bikes, on Ebay and shared the love. Happy to be here, maybe it's time to rebuild the 350 and take it to the next level now that I have a real job!!!!And the internet! Thanks for listening. Pictures coming soon.

JasonB
12-19-2013, 03:29 PM
welcome to the board! nice history you got there, keep the 350 ROLLIN!

sameltoe
12-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Welcome! I'd like to find me a tw for the streets!

Daniel86
12-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the boards and keep fixing them up every one we save is a piece of history.

Lee atc
12-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Can't wait for pics, nothing like riding the 350 x

ScreaminRed
12-22-2013, 11:49 AM
:welcome:, you will find plenty of info on this site. The search key up above is your friend. It may take some time to find what your looking for, but you will. If you can't, ask here. There's a ton of knowledge here from members.