PDA

View Full Version : FNG just checking in . . .

NorCal
12-22-2013, 12:15 AM
I grew up riding a mid 80's Honda Big Red and I had a blast on that thing. Transitioned onto a mid 80's Kawasaki which was also alot of fun. I haven't ridden trikes since the mid/late 90's. I became a military ATV safety instructor just after 9/11 but that was the last time I rode; now that I'm expecting kids I'm looking for another three wheeler so my kid can have as much fun as I did.

So in short, I'm on the hunt to find one that I can fix up and keep in the family as a weekend toy.

UPNATM
12-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Welcome, form another fellow Nor Cal resident. I would keep my eye out on the local craigslist. I was able to find my project sx on there for $180. Needed a bunch of parts and work, but we'll worth the my in my book.

dougspcs
12-22-2013, 10:46 AM
I'll warn you now, they are a highly addictive substance..before you know it you'll have a shed full and you'll be sneaking out for another and another!!

At least it's not like women, booze or drugs, but just the same before you know it the trike will have you and you'll be lying to your wife..

Everyone talks about how great they are, but few people discuss the trikes dark side!!

Don't say you weren't warned!

ScreaminRed
12-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Good luck on finding one, i'm sure you will. If you're not sure what to buy, just ask here. All depends on who's riding it and how you are going to ride it. Many, many trikes to choose from!!:) Oh, btw, :welcome:

NorCal
12-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks guys. If I had my way I would find something (small) for my daughter and a bigger toy for me. I'll be on the hunt after the holidays when I recoup some funds. In the meantime the only issue I have is when I find one, I have no way to transport it home. Wife drives a Subaru and I have a Tahoe. I need a buddy with a truck, lol.

If anyone has a line on a trike in the San Francisco Bay area let me know; I'll be cruising craigslist in the meantime.

ScreaminRed
12-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Buy a small trailer....:)

Daniel86
12-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Welcome to the site from middle TN.

NorCal
12-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Buy a small trailer....:)

I already asked Santa, so I'm one step ahead of you on that one, lol.

King Trikester
12-23-2013, 07:39 PM
ive never owned a tahoe, but ive herd of people putting 250r's in minivans, so if the trailer doesnt show up im sure you could fit a 70, 90, or even a 110 with the back seat folded down or something. who knows maybe even a bigger one, It might require taking the wheels off/ handle bars but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. good luck with the hunt, thats one of my favorite part, and belive what dougspcs said about trikes dark side, very true i didnt even relize that untile i read that comment