PDA

View Full Version : 350x cosmetics

three50x
12-23-2013, 05:38 PM
So while I am fixing my carb and idle problems, I decided to fix a little cosmetic problems. I'm debating on what to do with my handlebars. Should I spray paint them? Black or red? And swing arm, spray paint? Black or silver? Should I sand my shocks and spray paint them? If so what color? And should I repaint the grab bar black? Thanks

three50x
12-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Can anyone help lol

King Trikester
12-23-2013, 07:21 PM
i would do it right and get them blasted and powder coated, color scheem is up to you. powder coating last's longer and looks nicer

briano
12-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Should I eat lunch today? Pizza or a burger? What about supper? Steak or spaghetti? If I do a steak, should I grill or broil? There's a lot of decisions that one should be able to answer pretty easy. If you like spray paint, have at it. As for colors, what do you want. Do it pink and purple if you want.

Liquid-Darkness
12-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Yeah spray paint scratches off real easy.. Have spray cand few bikes my self.. Honda red and black is the way to go.. Merry Christmas!!

wonderboy
12-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Like what was already stated: it is up to you if you want to do it. Powder coating is the ultimate, but if you can't do it yourself it is a huge difference in cost between spray paint and powder.

Some spray painting tips:
1. Clean your parts very well.
2. If you can, scuff them up with some fine sandpaper.
3. Mask off areas that you don't want overspray on.
4. Wipe down with paint thinner/acetone/lacquer thinner before painting

All spray paint will get chipped and scraped and eventually look less than new. However, I found that the Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy holds up a bit better than typical paint and goes on with a very nice gloss. http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/appliance-epoxy-spray/

Good luck.