PDA

View Full Version : 2 month rule...

czac
12-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Ok seriously, I think by now we can see Im not a hacker or spammer or what ever... I want in. Give me the keys to the castle!!! If not Im gonna hold my damn breath till I turn blue! :drool:

Seriously guys.. two.. 2... TWO.. two months? its like.. all the good conversations are happening NOW and I cant add to them! By the time I can I'll be getting yelled at for posting to old threads! When that happens, I don't wanna hear anyone's "You-know-what"!!

Ok, until the end of January... I want every member here who starts any new posts to start them in the new member section please...
lol
Thank you and I hope you all had a very safe and merry Christmas or what ever you celebrate!
Stay safe in the new year! :Bounce

ScreaminRed
12-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Wow,
I think your the first person ever to complain! :) Really, this rule applies to everyone and you're no different. Seems like a long time, but it's not. I did it, you can do it. You either will wait b/c u want to be here or you'll split. So, my suggestion is, just enjoy what u have access to now and you'll appreciate the site more when u become a full member. The 2 month rule weeds out a lot of junk. Hang in there.

dougspcs
12-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Just because you're stuck in the gate while the rest of the pack runs down the backstretch is no reason to get ants in your pants Czac..

I'll give you a hint but don't tell anyone..SSHHH!

Whisper..the track is a loop and no ones counting laps!! ..
:D

czac
12-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I know... lol I guess I have to stop hitting the "what's new" tab...lol When I have down time here at work I like to read through the different sections but then when I want to answer a question or make a comment I cant. its actually a good rule but maybe one month would be better? I know, I ran a busy Photography board and we'd get hit by spammers all day, every day and Id have to go in and weed them out and block them and it sucked. We finally got hacked so bad we just decided to end the site... sad because I made a lot of friends through it because it was all Northeastern US Photographers. So I can see where they are coming from with the posting rules...

czac
12-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Just because you're stuck in the gate while the rest of the pack runs down the backstretch is no reason to get ants in your pants Czac..

I'll give you a hint but don't tell anyone..SSHHH!

Whisper..the track is a loop!! It'll go around and around..
:D
lol... nice... I hear ya Loud and Clear! lol

El Camexican
12-26-2013, 10:38 AM
You better read the rules again,: Section 00246-77B: "Anyone found complaining about the two month waiting period will have their probation extended by a period of no less than one week."

czac
12-26-2013, 11:10 AM
D-oh!!!
lol

muthey
12-27-2013, 04:20 PM
this is kind of funny because I find myself more on the new members pages than anywhere else on the site as I mainly deal with yamaha's anymore and the new member sections is where mainly the questions for them is. Now Don't get me wrong Honda makes an excellent machine, it's just that every one I come across is beat to a pulp. I also find it is easier to work on yamaha for me.

czac
12-27-2013, 04:29 PM
yeah but what I was actually (complaining, For lack of a better word...lol) about was that I read posts in other sections and wanna reply but cant and by the time I can it will be way to late and I will look like some sort of maniac... not saying I aint but I don't want anyone to see my replies and go... WTF is this guy doing replying so far after the fact..? lol Oh well, I can wait...although I WILL be another month older and probably another month grumpier... The mods will have to change me from Arm chair racer to Easy chair grouch!
lol,lol,lol.... See ya'll in a month! Whooooo hoooo!

dougspcs
12-27-2013, 04:53 PM
The grass is always greener, hay Czac???

I personally find the conversation is a little fresher in the 'new member' areas..new faces, new ideas..sometimes a bit weird but often brilliant!

Understanding why the site administration has put these rules in place to ensure proper time to adjust to the etiquette of the site and all..

But it's the new blood that will keep it going..sooner of later a lot of the long term members get bored of the same conversations and drift away!

A site without a growing member base is facing a death sentence!!

Viva la newbs!!

czac
12-27-2013, 05:34 PM
The grass is always greener, hay Czac???

I personally find the conversation is a little fresher in the 'new member' areas..new faces, new ideas..sometimes a bit weird but often brilliant!

Understanding why the site administration has put these rules in place to ensure proper time to adjust to the etiquette of the site and all..

But it's the new blood that will keep it going..sooner of later a lot of the long term members get bored of the same conversations and drift away!

A site without a growing member base is facing a death sentence!!

Viva la newbs!!

Well, it should be full of fresh faces, its full of new members! lol.... As long as the members keep adding new threads and posts, it should be ok... (I hope)

Howdy
12-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Why not start a new thread with a title like this ( example only ):

Title: "In responce to thread: 85 Tri Z 250 Updates - Controls "

And then in the body of the thread put your question , comment, info, ect in there.

Then people see it and the they can comment and thus it mooves the conversation to the new members section. If the Moderators see where there is a benefit of moving the original thread to this forum then we can move / combine, ect.

Doing this allows the rules to remain in place yet it also allows you to comment on a thread that is currently out of your reach.
Pretty simple if you ask me. ;)

MNhondaguy
12-28-2013, 02:09 AM
Howdy Nailed this one. Many of the members use the new post button and it doesn't matter to us where the thread is located. I was frustrated when I joined as I've been around wheelers and know enough to usually fix whatever comes up, but I purchased one and needed parts. I don't mind eBay, but I bought the red headed stepchild of honda trikes and parts are hard to come by around me. I couldn't post in the classifieds so I just set to work on a thread I started with many picture updates to rack up the post count. I might have cheated by posting again instead of editing the post, but it turned out good for me haha. Keep up the good info and comments and who knows, maybe Billy will be nice and promote you...

Outlaw #24
12-28-2013, 03:51 AM
czac, R U Still bitchin ! I think there has been a bunch of people trying to tell ya to use a little bit of ingenuity but you just don't get it, There are other ways to get
your messages across, use them. Until then post your stuff up on the area that is being aloud or wait til you can post everywhere and then post your stuff.