PDA

View Full Version : UFC!! WOW!! what a night for UFC fights

trike savior
12-29-2013, 01:35 AM
WOW! did anyone else see the fights.

The craziest chick fight ever. Rhonda Rousey worked hard for that win and deserved it despite the boo's. An amazing athlete.

And wow Silva broke his own leg. Bad. It wrapped around Weidman's leg when he kicked him.

If you missed it find the clips online.

bansheekx
12-29-2013, 04:24 AM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx81/bansheekx/541462_10202600837720272_546993156_n.jpg (http://s744.photobucket.com/user/bansheekx/media/541462_10202600837720272_546993156_n.jpg.html)

Caminofeld
12-29-2013, 11:29 AM
I had a party last night and one of my friends barfed on my carpet when this happened.

Caminofeld
12-29-2013, 11:31 AM
And shouldn't Burger King be sponsoring Roy Nelson instead?

trike savior
12-29-2013, 12:36 PM
HA. yeah my buddy's wife almost puked too. Whenever we are watching something like that on live leak or you tube we have to tell her to look away, but there was no warning her for that one.

atc007
12-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Super great card. Chris showed me a LOT. He appeared to have the fight even if the spider wouldn't have got what he had coming. Karma is a real trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, best served chilled. He was and is an amazing talent. But his psychotic and extremely disrespectful ways have finally caught up with him. Bones said Weidel is the real deal. He is right lol. Travis Browne!? Anyone wanna step in the cage with him right now!? What a killer. Barnett is a stone cold animal. But he handled him with ease! Meisha showed the heart of an absolute warrior. The stuff she got out of for 10 minutes was incredible. I SO wanted her to land the big one.... But I'm afraid Rowsey is gonna be unstoppable for a very long time. Whenever nothing goes to the damn judges,it is a VERY good night !! This one was worth every cent for sure ! All I can find is a 2 minute presser? I'll have to look better. It was hard to find last time too..

Caminofeld
12-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Meisha showed the heart of an absolute warrior. The stuff she got out of for 10 minutes was incredible. I SO wanted her to land the big one.... But I'm afraid Rowsey is gonna be unstoppable for a very long time.

I think even Rousey was surprised by Meisha's performance. She went in expecting an easy win and ended up taking some pretty good hits throughout the fight. Where Meisha went wrong was deviating from her original game plan; which was to stick to striking and avoid the take-downs. She tried to take Rousey to the ground and every time Rousey reversed it. Rousey has a stronger core and sick Judo, so BAD idea. Super good fight...although I was hoping for a nip-slip at some point:D

atc007
12-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Totally agree. She knows if she could have stuck to the game plan ,she would have had way more success.. But until you're in there one on one with someone trying to kill you,it's hard to Monday morning quarterback lol ! Figured out the presser.... they want 10 MORE dollars to see that now!! I like Dana,but not that much :)

trike savior
12-29-2013, 09:43 PM
I think everyone became a critic after that way Rhonda Rousey acted on the UFC show as a coach. That is why a lot of people wanted Meisha to win. She got whooped quick the first time. I will give Meisha credit that she took Rhonda past the 1st round for the 1st time,:........the second time she fought her. That is a feat in itself and the way she got out of the first arm bar attempt was a great show of talent. But if you watch Rhondas attack it does not get any better. Calculated an quick but also not afraid to take hits to get in close and fight. Remember Rousey is a winning Olympic competitor. She has been boo'd in 25 countries because she makes that many great fighters look like fools.

there were other interesting fights this night too. Cant remember the guys name but he was getting hit bad at end of 1st round and asked the fight to be ended while getting fixed up between rounds. Not saying go in there and continue to get your @ut kicked, but wow, to not want to continue.

Every fight ended up finishing early due to submissions and KO'S. Amazing athletes

atc007
12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
That was Chris Leben,,,,,they do NOT get any tougher than him. He was knocked out and concussed. He asked his corner if he was knocked out. He didn't necessarily quit. It was the right thing to do,the damage they take is bad enough,too mention going on concussed. If he would have had ANY whereabouts ,he would have fought on. And possibly won. Because it's the UFC ! I have seen a lot of fights over the years where a guy down and out wins.. I don't watch UF. But I know Rhonda rubs most the wrong way. She is def put here to be a killer. She is BA,but I don't particularly care for her.

Caminofeld
12-30-2013, 12:34 AM
But until you're in there one on one with someone trying to kill you,it's hard to Monday morning quarterback lol ! Figured out the presser.... they want 10 MORE dollars to see that now!! I like Dana,but not that much :)

You're totally right...I've been fighting for awhile now and it's so easy to get tunnel vision and lose track of the big picture...especially when your adrenaline is pumping and you're in "kill mode". I've watched vids of a few of my fights and sparring sessions and been like "Damn, if I had just done this one simple thing different"...or "How did I not see that"...

And what's up with DW jacking up the prices? I guess I can justify it by saying that the $60 would have been my bar tab and cab fare if I had gone out to watch it. I just hate how everything is getting more expensive but my paycheck stays the same and my taxes are getting higher and higher...

atc007
12-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Lol, here ya. Anyway you can get up to Sunbury to train with Tim Boetsch? That's a gym full of animals!! I don't drink or go out much,but. I agree the price is way steep. We split it up amongst us,so it's not too bad. I guess it can be had for free on the internet somehow,but it's grainy and it can't be on the up and up? Not worth going to jail over a tv show. I refuse to pay for the presser even though I enjoyed the heck out of it..

Caminofeld
12-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Dude, I'd love to train with those guys! Unfortunately it's a 2+ hr drive for me:cry:...although driving an hour to my gym in Baltimore isn't much better.