PDA

View Full Version : Ytm 200 clutch removal help

Ytm_225dx
01-02-2014, 03:00 PM
If anyone could tell me how to get the centrifugal clutch nut and washer off I'd deffinatley help me

New2Tri-Z
01-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Never worked on that bike but just replaced the centrifugal clutch on my boys KFX 50 quad. According to the manual you have to remove the recoil and get access to the stator so that you can use a clutch/flywheel tool to hold the engine while you remove the clutch nut. I didn't want to hassle with all that so i did what I always do and used an impact :naughty:. It spun it right off there. I do the same thing when changing the clutch discs out on my TriZ. Now torquing it back down is the hard part and in most cases you can jamb a piece of brass or copper in between the crank and tranny gears to bind them up and hold it still while tightening. Hope this helps otherwise take a look around the site as I am sure you can find your service manual here.

Ytm_225dx
01-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the help I already have the motor out due the 200 is a parts bike for my 225dx and I'm just tryin to swap out parts but I rather tear up my parts bike instead of nice one. And should I use the same method for the clutch basket as well?

New2Tri-Z
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Yes, should work just fine.

Ytm_225dx
01-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Awesome thanks for the help I'll try it and see what it does

muthey
01-03-2014, 12:06 AM
the other trick is a piston stop, is designed to help in clutch removal, your local parts store might carry one or your local bike shop might have one as well.

El Camexican
01-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Make SURE that it's not left-hand thread!

muthey
01-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Make SURE that it's not left-hand thread!
very true I totally forgot about that on the pinion gear locking ring and fought with it for hours once.

Ytm_225dx
01-03-2014, 03:02 AM
Awesome I got both clutchs off with no major problem now will that fit in a 225dx does anyone know

El Camexican
01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Awesome I got both clutchs off with no major problem now will that fit in a 225dx does anyone know

Was it left hand thread? I seem to recall it is, but I wasn't positive.

mud runner
01-03-2014, 01:52 PM
the centrifical clutch has to be pulled off with a puller and you can also take 2 pennies and stick them in between the gear that goes on the crank ant the other gear that toutches it and it will keep the motor from turning uver iv done it about 3 or 4 times with no problems

El Camexican
01-03-2014, 02:16 PM
the centrifical clutch has to be pulled off with a puller and you can also take 2 pennies and stick them in between the gear that goes on the crank ant the other gear that toutches it and it will keep the motor from turning uver iv done it about 3 or 4 times with no problems

Are you sure? I know I took mine off but don't recall how and I don't have a puller for it. Does it use an internal or external puller? YTM-225, how did you get yours off???

muthey
01-03-2014, 03:09 PM
yes the clutches will work they are almost identical to the 225

mud runner
01-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Are you sure? I know I took mine off but don't recall how and I don't have a puller for it. Does it use an internal or external puller? YTM-225, how did you get yours off??? on my dads moto4 225 I replaced the clutches in it and I had to buy a puller I think it would be a external puller and I had to use it to take the centrifical clutch off of whatever it rides on its been about 2 years synce I did it

Ytm_225dx
01-03-2014, 08:21 PM
They were regular threads camexican. And I'm a small time mechanic so I just used a an impact and the very slightly used a flat screw diver and pushed it from the bottom gear and pulled and it came out really wasn't that bad but I have yet to swap them because idk if I have to take the shitlfter off and linkage any ideas guys

Soxsux
02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
I am also tyring to replace my Centrifugal clutch on my DX225.... I can not get it off the crank shaft. The manual simply states to align the curved part of the secondary clutch so it will slide off.... (does not say to use a puller or specail tool.... nor does the centrifugal clutch have any threaded holed for a puller). can anyone shed some light??

Ytm_225dx
02-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Do you have the center nut off ? And yes you align the clutch basket where it's curved to the centrifugal. Now once you that's done take a small pry bar about 2ft long wedge it behind the centrifugal clutch for leverage make sure your pry bar tip is the bottom of the case and give it a few nice pulls and should come off. It might be stubborn put it will come let me know how this works.

Soxsux
02-06-2014, 09:54 PM
I got it off! I borrowed a puller with hook type jaws. Worked perfect. The cluch shoe/lining was certainly worn and out of spec. Luckily the drum looks reusable. The secondary clutch looks perfect. I will have to buck up for a new secondary!

Ytm_225dx
02-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Awesome glad to hear a successful project